Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Full JTFer
Shalom
« on: September 26, 2012, 04:27:30 PM »
Shalom
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 09:25:00 PM by Dan Ben Noah »
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Someone is not too happy about the world bacon shortage
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 04:46:08 PM »
Very cute.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 04:57:13 PM »
I think pig farming should be gradually outlawed, along with other intensive farming of mammals and birds. Also every flesh eater must be made aware of what his meal had to endure before it reached his plate.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 05:05:54 PM »
I am not advocating vegetarianism, I am advocating humane treatment to animals. If you consume meat that comes from abused, maltreated and tortured animals you should be made aware of it.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 05:09:05 PM »
Every vegetarian must also be made aware of the following:

Lest one think that vegetarianism reflects enlightenment, it is important to remember that the ancient Egyptians were religious vegetarians, yet idolaters and moral degenerates in the extreme. There are four general reasons why a man will likely be a vegetarian. If meat disgusts him, or if he feels that eating meat is unhealthy (particularly in the modern age of chemicals and growth hormones), or if he distrusts the appropriateness of current methods of slaughtering, a person has every right to be a vegetarian. But, if he claims that it is cruel to eat meat, or he is vainly attempting to hearken back to the time of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, he denies the truth of G-d and places his own understanding of mercy above G-d's. Since G-d gave Noah and his descendants the right to eat meat, this right is Divine.

Lets not forget other famous vegetarians such as Adolf Hitler...

By the way.... many males get great satisfaction about hunting for their own meat.... plus they have a lot more control over the whole process before it gets to their family's plate.   Its similar to those who farm their own fruit/vegetables....   its a very satisfying and ultimately more healthy.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 05:14:36 PM »
By the way, while we are on the subject.... is anyone else here a big fan of turkey bacon?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 08:38:01 PM »
Don't let Obama see that dog picture, or he'll start drooling.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 09:20:44 PM »
I've  noticed that a lot of vegetarians and animal rights lovers, who cry over every mink killed, or every homeless dog, are usually liberal and anti-semitic.  You know what they say.... The Jews stole the land from the hapless Arabs, and so  the Arabs have every right to murder Jews, as they are downtrodden Arabs.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 11:26:03 PM »
I do my best to only eat uncured bacon these days!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 09:04:52 AM »
I think pig farming should be gradually outlawed, along with other intensive farming of mammals and birds. Also every flesh eater must be made aware of what his meal had to endure before it reached his plate.

Do you have any idea how many sentient animals are killed by large scale grain farming? Vegetarians don't have blood free hands either.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 05:59:40 AM »
Do you have any idea how many sentient animals are killed by large scale grain farming? Vegetarians don't have blood free hands either.
Maybe I don't have the full picture. I think the main problem is destruction of wildlife habitat in favor of farmland. It is a problem and a hard one to solve. But you know that a huge amount of agricultural output is used as animal fodder.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 06:31:12 AM »
Have mercy....The world is really becoming a very sick place... The beef and pork industry puts a lot of people to work and some people actually enjoy eating something other than grass and cardboard... Sadly speaking if cows and pigs didn't taste so good on a platter there would be no demand for their slaughter... G-d made the world and everything in it for man to utilize... Live stock should be cared for and treated with respect however there would be no need in the world for millions of cows and pigs to exist if they were not being used as a source of food.. Society needs to get its priorities straight... Food is food , fuel is fuel... It seems since all this corn for fuel garbage kicked up the meat industry is being made to look like the one thats causing the problem... In actuality its the liberal left with all the usual clap trap about renewable resources and allegedly eating healthy ( In their opinion ) thats causing a great deal of todays problems.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 06:39:03 AM »
Maybe I don't have the full picture. I think the main problem is destruction of wildlife habitat in favor of farmland. It is a problem and a hard one to solve. But you know that a huge amount of agricultural output is used as animal fodder.

A lot of that is inedible to humans but edible to cattle. They can eat a lot of the parts of the corn plant for example that humans don't eat. Also I don't remember the last time I saw a human eating hay. Cattle are finished on grains, but their main diet up to that point is inedible to humans. We don't have the right digestive system for it.

Agriculture of all kinds has an environmental impact. When fields of produce are sprayed with pesticides, animals die (birds, mice, rats, rabbits, etc.) When the harvester goes through the field, a lot of animals die from that too. They don't always run away from it. Some of them freeze up in fear and then are crushed or torn apart, or run too slowly straight forward instead of sideways trying to get away from it.