Author Topic: Video Study for Parasha V'Zot HaBracha  (Read 3451 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Video Study for Parasha V'Zot HaBracha
« on: October 05, 2012, 07:46:50 PM »
I have been so involved in other Torah study that I have not had time to study this weeks Parasha...

Here are some videos about this weeks Parasha:

Rabbi Richman
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Video Study for Parasha V'Zot HaBracha
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 07:55:36 PM »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 12:59:36 AM »
I apologize if anyone was mislead by this thread. I did not remember that V'Zot HaBracha is not read on this Shabbat {Chol HaMoed 4} but actually on Simchat Torah which is this coming Tuesday {Starts Monday evening}...

This Shabbat we read Exodus 33:12 - 34:26 With Maftir from Numbers 29:x - 29:x...

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 11:27:16 AM »
I apologize if anyone was mislead by this thread. I did not remember that V'Zot HaBracha is not read on this Shabbat {Chol HaMoed 4} but actually on Simchat Torah which is this coming Tuesday {Starts Monday evening}...

This Shabbat we read Exodus 33:12 - 34:26 With Maftir from Numbers 29:x - 29:x...
 V'Zot HaBracha is what came up on Chabad  yesterday?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 01:02:22 PM »
V'Zot HaBracha is what came up on Chabad  yesterday?

Shalom Ephriam,

The Jewish calendar determines the Torah readings for the Shabbat. Since we are in the 'intermediate days' of the Sukkot Holiday {a 7-day Holiday which started last Sunday night} we read a special portion {the portion I listed above}.

I too was mislead by the Chabad site which I checked before I posted here. But after I atteneded shul on Shabbat I was reminded that we read V'Zot HaBracha on Simchat Torah.

Here is a great site for an online Jewish Calendar : http://www.hebcal.com

Here is a link to a custom calendar with the Holidays and Shabbat portions for the month of 'October'.

http://www.hebcal.com/hebcal/?year=2012&month=10&yt=G&v=1&nh=on&nx=on&mf=on&ss=on&s=on&i=off&lg=s&vis=on&c=off&geo=zip&zip=&m=72&.cgifields=nx&.cgifields=nh&.cgifields=mf&.cgifields=ss&.s=Preview+Calendar

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 01:04:17 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simchat_Torah

The Simchat Torah festivities begin with the evening service. All the synagogue's Torah scrolls are removed from the ark and are carried around the sanctuary in a series of seven hakafot (circuits). Although each hakafa need only encompass one circuit around the synagogue, the dancing and singing with the Torah often continues much longer, and may overflow from the synagogue onto the streets.

In Orthodox and Conservative Jewish synagogues, each circuit is announced by a few melodious invocations imploring G-d to Hoshiah Na ("Save us") and ending with the refrain, Aneinu B'yom Koreinu ("Answer us on the day we call"). In Orthodox and Conservative synagogues, the hakafot are accompanied by traditional chants, including biblical and liturgical verses and songs about the Torah, the goodness of G-d, Messianic yearnings, and prayers for the restoration of the House of David and the Temple in Jerusalem. Congregations may also sing other, popular songs during the dancing. Children are often given flags, candies and treats. The vigor of the dancing and degree of festive merriment varies with congregational temperament.

In Orthodox synagogues, the dancing is mainly carried out by men and boys; very young girls may also be sent in to dance on their fathers' shoulders. Women and older girls often have their own dancing circles, or look on from the other side of a mechitza (partition) in accordance with the rules of tzniut (modesty). In Conservative and Progressive congregations, men and women dance together. In some congregations, the Torah scrolls are carried out into the streets and the dancing may continue far into the evening.

After the hakafot, many congregations recite a portion of the last parashah of the Torah, V'Zot HaBerachah (This is the Blessing...) in Deuteronomy. The part read is often 33:1-34:12, but may vary by synagogue custom, although Deuteronomy is never read to the end in the evening.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 01:16:41 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 01:28:21 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 01:46:41 PM »