Author Topic: jtf position on iq tests?  (Read 712 times)

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
jtf position on iq tests?
« on: October 08, 2012, 06:49:47 PM »
ill hopefully be asking Chaims position on these tests.

Recently ive been taking these tests. First time ive ever taken them.

I scored from a range of 125 to 136, so im probs about 127/7 ish. I scored far better on tse tests than i did at school  :laugh: :laugh:

Now my take on these tests is although someonewho is 140 plus is undoubtably very clever. i feel these tests do not take in consideration emotional intelligence, comman sense, or creative intelligence.

I think IQ tests have a purpose of spotting clever people who dont achieve well at school, people from poor backgrounds.

But just because someone has a iq of say 100, does not mean they cannot be a genious at golf, or tennis, or music etc, it just means that i tests are not their forte.

What do you guys think?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: jtf position on iq tests?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 07:35:59 PM »
I think IQ is important... but so is street smarts and common sense..

I remember in grad school... I was kinda freaked out... because everyone was so darn smart....  was almost intimidating... but again... not all of them seemed to have common sense and had problems with the big picture sometimes.

Also... very few people have ever taken a true IQ test..... if you have taken the real one, you know it... since its a very long test.. I think 4 hours...   

Offline realist26

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 09:50:58 PM »
Jews have high iqs on average yet are mainly Obama voters

With increasing technology, raw iq is less important these days.  Creativity and street smarts are what gets you ahead these days.  I have a high iq and when I was under 10 was streets ahead of even my Jewish peers.  Now I feel like I have lost the edge because:
a) computers are now easy to use
B) people can use calculators on their phones to add numbers
C) information is all on the net
D) you can use gps to get around
E) electronic education tools
Etc
Etc

Technology has been the big evener so success is all about relationships and creativity

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 12:22:49 AM »
I think IQ tests are great but they're not all that accurate for testing intelligence.
Einstein would have scored a retarded IQ.
However they are good for most people.
Problem is, a lot of the questions are based on past knowledge.
If you grew up in NYC you would have learned nothing and score a low IQ.
Or you could be as dumb as obongo and still score high because of affirmative action giving you all the tutoring you can handle.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 01:05:20 AM »
I think IQ tests are great but they're not all that accurate for testing intelligence.
Einstein would have scored a retarded IQ.
However they are good for most people.
Problem is, a lot of the questions are based on past knowledge.
If you grew up in NYC you would have learned nothing and score a low IQ.
Or you could be as dumb as obongo and still score high because of affirmative action giving you all the tutoring you can handle.

Einstein actually had a pretty high IQ... 

Environment helps a little with IQ, but not much as you'd think.

Unfortunately, a lot of geniuses are self-hating and guilt-ridden.... this is evident with both Jews and Asians.... and is completely missing from the sub-Saharans and Arabs.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 06:43:32 AM »
I think it matters as to what kind of society a group of people with an average IQ is capable of building. If a nation's IQ gets lower over time, their civilization level will also get lower and if it rises their civilization is likely to improve. Of course in addition to that a very important factor is knowledge of the Bible, without which pretty much everyone is barbaric.

Offline USAReturn2GodNow1776

• Pro JTFer
  • proud christian & kahanist
    • the urban grind
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 07:02:32 AM »
I've heard that emotional intelligence and common sense correlate quite well with the IQ number.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 07:43:50 AM »
They are not very exact and calling them IQ (which stands for intelligence quantity or something I believe ?) is misleading. They are not ranking correctly people according to intelligence, and also there is a psychological and cultural element to them in most versions.

Of course people who score high on these tests are smart, and especially- quick thinkers with good concentration skills. But that doesn't mean they are better problem solvers then people who think slower, have problems getting into a concentrated mode, or just showed up tired to the test.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 08:40:22 AM »
Based on the fact that you scored so high and, given the numerous spelling and grammar errors in your post, it is my opinion that they are quite inaccurate.  :P
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 01:31:36 PM »
Based on the fact that you scored so high and, given the numerous spelling and grammar errors in your post, it is my opinion that they are quite inaccurate.  :P

spelling and grammar are educational facters... ;D surely that proves the tests :::D