Author Topic: Mormons allied with muslims? I smell a rat  (Read 1323 times)

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
Mormons allied with muslims? I smell a rat
« on: October 15, 2012, 01:22:15 AM »

A cabinet minister in Egypt, aware of the common ground shared by Muslims and Latter-day Saints, once remarked to Elder Howard W. Hunter of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles that “if a bridge is ever built between Christianity and Islam it must be built by the Mormon Church.”13 The examples of Latter-day Saint–Muslim interaction mentioned above, together with the Church’s establishment in 1989 of two major centers for educational and cultural exchange in the Middle East (Jerusalem and Amman), reflect the traditional attitude of respect for Islam that Church leaders have exhibited from earliest times. These activities represent tangible evidence of Latter-day Saint commitment to promote greater understanding of the Muslim world

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2000/08/a-latter-day-saint-perspective-on-muhammad?lang=eng

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Mormons allied with muslims? I smell a rat
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 01:23:25 AM »
Mormons can do what they like. Christians don't follow Mormonism.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 01:28:45 AM »
I will deal with mormonism after the debate. I've already scared off one member that would have been of some use, "sorry" Jbeige."

Until then... guh.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 02:01:47 AM »
I will deal with mormonism after the debate. I've already scared off one member that would have been of some use, "sorry" Jbeige."

Until then... guh.
Who cares about the Pedofronter Johnson Brown?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 02:04:08 AM »
Who cares about the Pedofronter Johnson Brown?

Oh so you're glad I made him all angry and leave? Cause I really though it was the right thing at the time, of course.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 04:40:56 AM »

Until then... guh.
You scared him off?  Thats funny..... Just how did you do that may I ask  :::D
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 11:33:32 AM »
This is rubbish.
There are thousands of Mormons here in AZ, they love Israel and the Jewish people.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 11:56:14 AM »
This is rubbish.
There are thousands of Mormons here in AZ, they love Israel and the Jewish people.

They have a lot in common with Muslims if you look at their doctrines. They honor Jesus like Muslims honor Jesus, but nobody considers Muslims to be a branch of Christianity. The worst thing about Mormons in my opinion is that they lie and claim their separate religion is Christianity.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 03:44:19 PM »
You scared him off?  Thats funny..... Just how did you do that may I ask  :::D

I ate him, moronism, his arguments, his personality, his hopes, his posts, and everything I could find about him alive. Nothing to it.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 03:47:53 PM »
I ate him, moronism, his arguments, his personality, his hopes, his posts, and everything I could find about him alive. Nothing to it.

Did it give you food poisoning?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 03:52:50 PM »
the only theological commonality between Mormonism and Islam is that fact that both involve a "prophet" that claims he had a private conversation with Gd that their religion is true...And both "prophets" change the wording of the original bible to make it go with their own vision.

The difference between mormons is that they don't go killing you if you don't want to be part of their religion.  And mormons don't kill each other just because one mormon will have a countering view form another mormon.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 03:57:54 PM »
the only theological commonality between Mormonism and Islam is that fact that both involve a "prophet" that claims he had a private conversation with Gd that their religion is true...And both "prophets" change the wording of the original bible to make it go with their own vision.

The difference between mormons is that they don't go killing you if you don't want to be part of their religion.  And mormons don't kill each other just because one mormon will have a countering view form another mormon.

Modern Mormons in the main church generally don't believe in killing nonbelievers. However some branch-off groups in Utah kill people who leave their branch-off churches and call it blood atonement. This used to be standard belief. Like Islam they also believe even today in a lower status for women with women becoming sexual objects in both the Mormon eternal life and in Muslim heaven.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 04:00:26 PM »
I think this is a bunch of BS... I know a very good Mormon and he is very pro-Israel...

There is NO COMPARISON between Mormons and Muslims... Unless you count them both starting with M...

I also find Mormons concept of Hashem more in line with Jewish thinking than other branches of the 'Christian' religion. At least as explained by my friend. Also Mormons never persecuted Jews while other 'christians' have done so quite extensively.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 04:12:37 PM »
On the Jewish Task Force web site, I don't care to hear about the theological differences between standard Christianity and Mormonism. Go to the Disney Web Site, where they deal with fantasy characters and there you can argue all you want if Donald Duck is part of the Trinity.
Keep JTF a monotheistic site!

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 04:29:41 PM »
I think this is a bunch of BS... I know a very good Mormon and he is very pro-Israel...

There is NO COMPARISON between Mormons and Muslims... Unless you count them both starting with M...

I also find Mormons concept of Hashem more in line with Jewish thinking than other branches of the 'Christian' religion. At least as explained by my friend. Also Mormons never persecuted Jews while other 'christians' have done so quite extensively.

I do not believe they had that option. And saying you know a nice mormon as an excuse for their religion is fallacious reasoning. I will leave the mormon concept of Hashem 'till after... a little while.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 04:59:52 PM »

Don't get me wrong Muman...A much much higher percentage of Mormons are civilized compared to Muslims.  I'm not trying to belittle Mormons.  However, theologically like most religions, it involves a "prophet" that claims to have had a private conversation with Gd in order to start a new religion or cult or whatever.  Mohammad did the same and basically copied the Torah while changing a few things.

For me, it's what gentiles do with their theology.  Most mormons, from what I know, are positive and hard working people who are not jealous.  I'll take that any day from any righteous gentile of any theological differences with Jews.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 06:10:42 PM »
On the Jewish Task Force web site, I don't care to hear about the theological differences between standard Christianity and Mormonism. Go to the Disney Web Site, where they deal with fantasy characters and there you can argue all you want if Donald Duck is part of the Trinity.
Keep JTF a monotheistic site!

the Disney trinity is obviously Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, and Goofy. I don't think anyone would dispute that.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 07:30:32 PM »
Hey OK im on the Christianity thing now because I feel like knowing it.

And I need to understand something: every time the holy spirit is mentioned, it is a he, not a she, and in no way indicates that this spirit of truth is one with Christ or G-d. Is really by the bible (new testament, sorry bros) God a duality or a trinity? I find nothing excluding catholic dogma to support such a claim.