Author Topic: The October 22nd debate  (Read 614 times)

Offline SGTJones

• New JTFer
The October 22nd debate
« on: October 23, 2012, 01:25:06 AM »
What is everyone's opinions? I thought Obama looked desperate. A lot of people believe he won the debate. Honestly I think its going to come down to the economy on November 6th. While 63 percent of the population thinks Romney is better suited for the economy. I will take that as a good sign.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
Re: The October 22nd debate
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 01:41:25 AM »
It is insane to see that the media is giving this to Obama as a win. Yet on yahoo news, most people are voting that Romney won. Plus the comments people are leaving mostly support Romney.
How upsetting >_<

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 01:47:12 AM »
Mr president, you skipped israel!  :::D
Pokistaan!
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline MarkQuinn

• New JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 02:14:10 AM »
To me, Romney seemed more subdued and less fiery than in the first two.  Liberals see that as weakness, just as they mistake aggression for strength.  Case in point, they're convinced Biden won simply because he was an obnoxious ass, and yet on substance, he wasn't even in the same ballpark as Ryan.

In the end, it doesn't matter that we think our guy won and they think their Kenyan Marxist won.  It matters what the independents and undecideds think.  Being undecided at this late (or any) stage of the game, of course, means they're not the brightest Crayons in the box.  So they'll need a lot of hand-holding.  These are the same people who honestly thought "hope and change" from a guy named Hussein couldn't possibly go wrong.  And yet, as noted above, they're polling toward Romney.  So perhaps this won't be the end of America as we know it.

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 08:21:34 AM »
Something to contemplate:  I also thought that Romney was too subdued, in the relatively few minutes that I watched.  But understand this:  Yes, we want to see Obama eviscerated (verbally, of course).  However, we must realize that the so-called 'moderates and undecideds' (and this may get me in hot water, but this is particularly true of women, in my opinion) expect these debates to be some sort of polite garden party.  And that's what Romney was playing to.

It wasn't always that way.  If you ever get a chance, read the transcripts of the famed Lincoln-Douglas.  Those are classics:  they went on for hours, with essentially no referee, and both men were looking to ruin the other at every turn.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 11:09:55 AM »
David fell asleep
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates