Author Topic: Anyone heard from cjd, bulllcat or aCK?  (Read 4323 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Anyone heard from cjd, bulllcat or aCK?
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 07:35:43 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/161676#.UJZgAYy3PMI

Chabad-Lubavitch Hassidim are determined -- in fact, generally unstoppable -- once they are on "a mission from G-d."

Hurricane relief is part of the deal; this time, they are organizing volunteers to help those who were hard hit by Hurricane Sandy in New York City.

It's another day on the road for Chabad-Lubavitch emissaries. Never mind that their homes were hit too.

A bus load of NYC Chabad Midtown Manhattan young professionals is set to head out Sunday to help with relief efforts in Long Island. 

The volunteers planned to help people with clearing the sand and other waterlogged debris that was swept into their homes by Hurricane Sandy last week. Other teams on the bus will be tasked with distributing supplies such as batteries, socks, warm food and other essentials. A third set of volunteers planned to set up a soup kitchen where people can gather for warm meals in the disaster zone.

A similar bus load of Chabad-Lubavitch volunteers was also scheduled to set out from the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn to provide similar relief to their neighbors living in the much harder-hit areas of their borough.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2012, 07:58:51 AM »
Thanks for the concern.
Power may be out for Lisa and Mord.  It is out for CJD.  Power and cell service.
The Saturday before the storm CJD fell off a ladder.  He is pretty banged up.  He has several stitches on his head a boken clavicle and an abdominal hematoma.  Two trees fell.,..one on CJDs house.  One on my Mom's.  Since Sunday I have been at my Mom's hospital bed.  SHE had major emergent surgery and is very ill.  I missed the hurricane in a way.  Still it has been a terrible time for our family. Your prayers for my Mom and CJD would be much appreciated.  Thank you for thinking of us.
I will surely pray for you're Mother and CJD
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 01:51:14 PM »
I pray for Bullcat's Mother and CJD.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2012, 11:31:55 PM »
My heartfelt thanks to the members who were concerned  I was not around... I got hurt a few days before the storm but should be ok with a little rest and relaxation... About half way through the wind storm we had here a few of the old Black Oak trees on my property decided to give up the ghost and fall where I never though they would... One landed on the front roof of my house... On Friday a tree company came with a large crane and removed the tree from my front roof... Thank G-d the tree only seems to have done superficial damage that I can repair when I am better... My mom is also home from the hospital and trying to recover... We are still on standby power so please pray that the power company gets us back on line before our fuel supply runs out in a few more days... All and all I consider myself lucky because a few people I know have lost their homes to the flood waters which in my opinion is a far worse situation... Thank G-d flooding was the last of the problems I could have here.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2012, 12:26:05 AM »
Thanks for updating us CJD! I'm so glad to know that God was protecting you.

Has anyone heard from MasterWolf? I thought he lived around that area too but I'm not sure.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2012, 02:08:47 AM »
Glad everyone has been found and safe.   Now lets get through the next few days..... hopefully with a new president.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2012, 02:42:24 AM »
My heartfelt thanks to the members who were concerned  I was not around... I got hurt a few days before the storm but should be ok with a little rest and relaxation... About half way through the wind storm we had here a few of the old Black Oak trees on my property decided to give up the ghost and fall where I never though they would... One landed on the front roof of my house... On Friday a tree company came with a large crane and removed the tree from my front roof... Thank G-d the tree only seems to have done superficial damage that I can repair when I am better... My mom is also home from the hospital and trying to recover... We are still on standby power so please pray that the power company gets us back on line before our fuel supply runs out in a few more days... All and all I consider myself lucky because a few people I know have lost their homes to the flood waters which in my opinion is a far worse situation... Thank G-d flooding was the last of the problems I could have here.

Thank G-d you're okay! I was worried about you! I'll continue praying for your mother.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2012, 02:44:45 AM »
Thanks for updating us CJD! I'm so glad to know that God was protecting you.

Has anyone heard from MasterWolf? I thought he lived around that area too but I'm not sure.

MasterWolf posts regularly on Facebook. He's quite fired up about the upcoming election. I'm sure he's doing fine despite the hurricane.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2012, 03:04:20 AM »
I'm so thankful for all of you whom are ok...i was really worried. Watching the news didn't help either...well, I pray everyone recovers from this quickly and gets everything that they need and everyone helps each other out too....they aired the other night about a family on the Jersey shore who's house started flooding and then it caught on fire after other houses were on fire. They all got away by getting ahold of a surfboard and swimming away with that...and the family dog on there too....!!! Very lucky to be alive...but all together. wow.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2012, 06:19:44 AM »
MasterWolf posts regularly on Facebook. He's quite fired up about the upcoming election. I'm sure he's doing fine despite the hurricane.

Thank you. I know he really cares about defeating Obama so I hope he gets a chance to vote.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2012, 10:52:38 AM »

He's back!
Damn trees!
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2012, 12:55:27 PM »
Lisa,  I hope you get power back soon.  I'm glad you have a warm place to be during the day, when you are not working.  My prayers are with you and your family.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2012, 07:53:38 PM »
Thank you Bullcat. 

Cjd, I'm glad you're OK.  Please try and rest up as much as you can.  And I'll continue praying for your mother. 

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2012, 07:01:04 AM »
Thank You,  Lisa.
Thanks for everyone's concern.
Thank you for thinking of us, Ephraim.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2012, 07:30:32 AM »
My prayers are with you and your family. I am very sorry that you are going through such difficult times.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2012, 09:13:08 AM »
My prayers are with you and your family. I am very sorry that you are going through such difficult times.
Thanks again for everyone's concern... The power was restored late yesterday afternoon... We had one days worth of fuel left for the backup generator so that worked out very well... The fuel that was dedicated to that can now go to keeping us off the gas lines for a while should this gas shortage nonsense continue... My hat is off to the LIPA power company who honestly did a very good job here getting the power back up... The power line system here was put in back in the early 1930's and has been extended on over the years in a hodgepodge way...I am always amazed how well the LIPA crews are able to get it back into shape after large storms like Sandy... Anyway I have to get ready for the most important task of the next 4 years which is casting a vote against the shvartza administration and party in general... After that I can come home and watch the election day coverage.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2012, 10:40:28 AM »
Now, I'm getting sick. 

I guess it serves me right for sleeping in my sister's cold house for the past week and not going someplace else. 

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2012, 10:57:40 AM »
Now, I'm getting sick. 

I guess it serves me right for sleeping in my sister's cold house for the past week and not going someplace else.

Sheesh Lisa. I hope you feel better!

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2012, 10:58:45 AM »
Anyway I have to get ready for the most important task of the next 4 years which is casting a vote against the shvartza administration and party in general... After that I can come home and watch the election day coverage.

Let's hope for the best!

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2012, 10:56:24 AM »
I hope CJD feels better soon.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל