Author Topic: Someone have a Kindle?  (Read 588 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Someone have a Kindle?
« on: October 29, 2012, 11:34:29 PM »
Need some help understanding some things.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Someone have a Kindle?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 01:29:02 AM »
OK, LKZ.... Very interesting but totally irrelevant to the original question...

Tag, while I don't have an actual Kindle I have a Kindle reader for my Android tablet...

Do you have a Kindle?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 01:47:10 AM »
Thank you Tag!

I just put two and two together.... Your other thread with the Downloadable Rabbi Kahane Books and this Kindle question. I just downloaded "They Must Go" onto my Android phone {which I installed the Kindle software on}... So far it is pretty cool. Aside from the small screen to read, which I zoom into in order to be able to see, it is very readable. I will probably read this when I am off-line {because it is stored in my phones memory}.

Thanks...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 02:20:18 AM »
kin·dle/ˈkindl/
Verb:  Light or set on fire.
    Arouse or inspire (an emotion or feeling).

I didn't think you needed fire for your power outage, so I decided to term it a noun as in emotion or feeling that might kindle something in you.

I hate cell phones. I don't generally like phones, but I hate the cell ones. I got rid of mine two or three years ago, and now I get a headache when anyone puts one around me.

Phones are smart today. I just used my phone GPS over the weekend, it gave me perfect turn-by-turn directions to my destination. I also use the phone camera and email facilities quite often. I don't use text-messages much but my google account is linked to my phone # so when someone leaves voicemail in my phone, I get an email with a transcribed message.... Aside from the privacy questions I think it is pretty cool.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 02:22:23 AM »
The 'Kindle' which he was talking about is a tablet-like device which is used to read eBooks.

Something like this:

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 12:08:08 PM »
Muman- yes.
 I would like to know if I get one if I can read those R' Kahane books? Also I have different PDF files (books and essays), would those work as well? Does it matter which Kindle (I'm probably going to get the cheapest one).
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 12:18:41 PM »
I thought Amazon had a kindle book store with lots of inexpensive books. Are any of Kahane's books there? Another idea is to go the book's page on Amazon and click the "tell the publisher I'd like to read this on kindle" button. If enough people click that link then it's likely the book will be made available.