Author Topic: Final vote was Osama-50%, Romney-48%; so this was winnable  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Final vote was Osama-50%, Romney-48%; so this was winnable
« on: November 07, 2012, 06:33:46 PM »
בס''ד

Osama- 50%, Romney-48%. A switch of less than two percent and Romney would have won. And yes, the switch would have been enough to give Romney an electoral college majority by winning Florida, Virginia, Ohio and just one other state.

In the end, "political correctness" defeated Romney.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Final vote was Osama-50%, Romney-48%; so this was winnable
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 06:46:37 PM »
I think this spells the end of America as we once knew it!
No matter how much evidence there was against this guy,
the electorate would change it mind... like mindless zombies going to the polls!

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 06:48:31 PM »
I think voter fraud was partly responsible for this.  You probably had poll workers throw Romney votes out fearing he would get elected. 

Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 06:48:46 PM »
I wonder about the absentee ballot

Offline BritishSword

• Pro JTFer
    • Lawful Rebellion
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 07:20:38 PM »
Well this just makes me want to kick myself harder.
I'm British. I'm Sharp.  I'm Deadly.
I am BritishSword

6a55022f0e321cd66b22318630573230965751cf

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 07:21:31 PM »
The reason Romney Lost:  The media made Obama untouchable...

Offline realist26

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 09:16:03 PM »
You called it Chaim. The moderate approach to appeal to the center failed.

One example was the refusal to defend wahabi bush for the financial crisis.  Romney could have hammered Clinton and the democrats for their role.  Most Americans still blame bush for the bad economy

Another example is the 16.3 trillion in debt.  Romney made no statements to the effect 'we only have 2 more years of money to pay for your free stuff.' instead he made statements such as 'wrong path of dependance' which are meaningless to the average American moron

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 09:43:52 PM »
Gingrich would have crushed Obama

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 09:59:08 PM »

Possibly. 

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 10:46:39 PM »
The reason Romney Lost:  The media made Obama untouchable...
It not only made him untouchable it gave zero coverage to Romney unless it was to bash his brains in... In the past few weeks all the media did was remark about how the economy was picking up and how the so called recovery however weak was taking hold... With the up coming holidays just around the corner retail and job numbers always kick up a bit this time of the year... The bottom line was the shvartza President could do no wrong and if he did the evil media was not going to report it anyway...
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 10:50:26 PM »
We have this insane "blame the media" phenomenon in Israel too. Every vote that went to Romney was BECAUSE of the media! it portrayed him as a real right winger who's against Obama while all Romney did was putting a chestity belt on himself (just look at their third debate)

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 11:25:03 PM »
We have this insane "blame the media" phenomenon in Israel too. Every vote that went to Romney was BECAUSE of the media! it portrayed him as a real right winger who's against Obama while all Romney did was putting a chestity belt on himself (just look at their third debate)

People here don't really want a rightwinger though.  I do believe you are correct about Israel, and people there really do want someone tough on the enemy, so those media portrayals work in their favor.    In this country, portraying the republican as an extreme rightwinger equates to a perception as:  racist against blacks, hates women, will victimize women, will unfairly victimize gays, will force his religion on you (which no in this country wants), will cut all your benfit$$$.     That doesn't cause people to vote for the republican.

But you are right that he did not play to win in the last debate and he looked like a wimp who gave credibility to all the president's foreign policies.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 11:52:25 PM »
It's hard to say whether or not this was winnable, Chaim. It was fairly close but we will just never know:

1: The Hispanic vote was greater than anyone ever imagined, even on the Democratic side. 10% less Hispanic turnout, or 10% more Hispanics going for Romney, could have made this a dead-even tossup.

2: Romney made a severe tactical mistake by not visiting and touring ground zero of Sandy as Bill O' Reilly pointed out today. Even better if he could have put on a frog suit and actually assisted in the rescue effort. This made him look out-of-touch and elitist. If Chris Christie and Obama did not tolerate him coming along it would have made them look petty and partisan.

3: Romney made a huge mistake in taking his foot off the gas for the second and final debates. In particular his performance in the third debate bordered on laughable on some points. He was actually on some points trying to out-pander Obama to the Islamic world. This did not impress any voters for sure.

4: This wasn't Romney's fault of course but the unfortunate "rape" gaffes made by Mourdock in IN and Akin in OH did incalculable damage to Republicans across the board. I don't think what either one of them said, especially Mourdock, was really all that bad but obviously the abortion-loving voters of America felt differently, and the Obama machine was able to effectively conflate it with Romney.

5: As we already know, Romney's campaign of refusing to fight back cost him dearly. Obama ran something like 85% negative ads compared to 15 or 20% for Romney. However, before we lecture Romney too much on this, as tempting as that might be, we can't ignore the fact that the system has effectively brainwashed all Americans to accept and live by the double standard. I think we all remember the September polls showing that voters overwhelmingly felt that Romney's campaign was the more negative and dishonest one. If Romney had gone too brutal, it would have been easy for the NWO establishment to paint him as a right-wing lunatic which would have destroyed him. There is a balance, a very fine one, and because the NWO controls all the rules of the game, it only applies to the GOP side. The Democrats can say whatever they want and get away with murder (like when Obama said that Romney was responsible for causing the breast cancer lady's death because Bain outsourced his husband's job).

6: This election was all about voters believing they are owed all sorts of free stuff from the government. The main reason BHO carried Michigan/Ohio/Wisconsin was the auto bailouts. Even though Romney's position on this was the correct one this is not what the people wanted. Still, he erred by letting Obama get away with it. Romney should have painted the auto bailout as a reward to corporate fatcats that BHO is beholden to. He didn't even try to argue that.

7: The full extent of the Benghazi murders was completely suppressed and Romney allowed it.

8: Sadly, this country is an amoral cesshole and is getting worse by the day. Look at the votes for sodomite "marriage" and drug legalization. When average voters are that twisted, even a moderate/liberal Republican doesn't stand a chance. Unfortunately Romney couldn't have done anything about this.

If all of these factors are changed or mitigated in some way, Romney wins fairly comfortably in my opinion. If one or two of them were changed, it would have at least been nail-bitingly close.

Moving ahead here is what needs to be done.

1: We need to do everything in our power to destroy the reputation of Rand Paul the Asatruist and Muzz Muzzie the obese Islamic pig. If anything is left of America in four years and one of those Nazis gets the GOP nod G-d forbid, L-rd help us all.

2: We need to start a movement to pressure for impeachment proceedings against BHO for his role in the Benghazi terrorist massacre. Even if it goes nowhere, which it won't, if we are able to get any exposure of it whatsoever, it will damage the credibility of his administration significantly.

3: The GOP MUST make some sort of organized effort to reach out to minorities, at least Hispanics and Asians, in a way that goes beyond pathetic leftist pandering. It is pretty obvious that Asian interests lie with conservatism but that of quite a few Hispanics does too. How come nobody in the Republican Party has even thought of making the argument that illegal immigration is damaging Hispanic communities in terms of employment and wages? It would be really easy to produce numbers proving that. I think that we could win at least some Latinos over by creating a distinction between illegal aliens and legal immigrants/Hispanic-American citizens. Unfortunately America is now a nonwhite nation and we need to play by those rules to some degree. If we can bring about even a 10% shift in the minority vote, we are in a much stronger position.

PS: I think the most effective candidate would have been Herman Cain.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 04:28:37 AM »
Brennanfan that's a good analysis. The problem with the Hispanic vote is that it seems their #1 issue is open borders and path to citizenship. I don't understand why Asians are favoring Democrats and their policies, that's just insanity almost like the Jews who vote for Osama.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 05:18:24 AM »
I too supported Herman Cain as he would have been the most formidable candidate under the given circumstances. However he unfortunately slipped in the primaries.

And if Romney had spoken even one fifth of what JTF says, the results would have been different.

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 08:46:27 AM »
I too supported Herman Cain as he would have been the most formidable candidate under the given circumstances. However he unfortunately slipped in the primaries.

And if Romney had spoken even one fifth of what JTF says, the results would have been different.

I almost read slipped in the pajamas.  Which would be more appropriate.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 08:48:43 AM »

Newt would have gotten all the conservative votes.
However, the rest of the stupid Americans would have rejected him for his honesty.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 02:42:26 PM »
Newt would have gotten all the conservative votes.
However, the rest of the stupid Americans would have rejected him for his honesty.
I lean towards believing you because he was vastly unpopular even back when he was a congressman during the "Contract With America" era. But his moral failings were his biggest issue.

Offline JTFenthusiast

• Full JTFer
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 08:03:46 PM »
בס''ד

Osama- 50%, Romney-48%. A switch of less than two percent and Romney would have won. And yes, the switch would have been enough to give Romney an electoral college majority by winning Florida, Virginia, Ohio and just one other state.

In the end, "political correctness" defeated Romney.

Chaim,

I think no matter what Romney did, the media would have slaughtered him.  They were SO SO SO for Obama, the man barely had a prayer, though the number of reduced White voters is surely a factor.

Offline realist26

• Full JTFer
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 09:51:25 PM »
Good analysis brennanfan. I would add the appointment of Paul Ryan was a mistake.  Whilst I like him, he was never going to add votes to the Romney campaign.  A Marco Rubio could have made a difference

Offline בַּחַמַל

• Full JTFer
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 10:32:55 PM »
Neither Rubio nor Ryan were good.  Ryan had some neumismatic ideas he adopted from the imbecilic Libertarians, and Rubio wouldn't have helped to get Latino votes.  In retrospect Ryan's performance during the VP debate was disastrous, not being to answer to Biden's lies about Iran and showing himself as a complete ignoramous.  I don't know why he is touted as a rising star by the GOP, he is not smart at all in my opinion.

Offline JTFenthusiast

• Full JTFer
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 10:54:04 PM »
Neither Rubio nor Ryan were good.  Ryan had some neumismatic ideas he adopted from the imbecilic Libertarians, and Rubio wouldn't have helped to get Latino votes.  In retrospect Ryan's performance during the VP debate was disastrous, not being to answer to Biden's lies about Iran and showing himself as a complete ignoramous.  I don't know why he is touted as a rising star by the GOP, he is not smart at all in my opinion.

I think he is a bright guy, but was squelched by that senile old hawk, Biden, with his botoxed and restylane filled face.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 12:27:03 AM »

I think he is smart, just not good in a debate setting.   Not good at all.