Author Topic: A good friend of mine at the annual dinner of Rav Kahane's Yeshiva  (Read 2091 times)

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 09:26:11 AM by דוד בן זאב אריה »
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline JTFenthusiast

• Full JTFer
Re: A good friend of mine at the annual dinner of Rav Kahane's Yeshiva
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 07:45:39 PM »
Please don't take this the wrong way, but that place, which I hope is not a shul, is a complete dump.   You could be the most enthusiastic supporter in the world and be completely distracted by the uncleanliness of the background.  It reminds me of a lot of yeshivot that I was in, in my youth.  It's very offputting and I wonder why some people do not understand the importance of basic cleanliness and neatness when showcasing their shul to themselves and others

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 08:36:37 PM »
I used to know a Lennie who was in JDL in the early 70s.  I don't think that this is him.  The guy I knew was on the Brooklyn College wrestling team.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 09:15:43 PM »
Please don't take this the wrong way, but that place, which I hope is not a shul, is a complete dump.   You could be the most enthusiastic supporter in the world and be completely distracted by the uncleanliness of the background.  It reminds me of a lot of yeshivot that I was in, in my youth.  It's very offputting and I wonder why some people do not understand the importance of basic cleanliness and neatness when showcasing their shul to themselves and others

Who cares? What matters is the message. Ookay when possible we do try to make the shuls and any places as neat as we can but if you see its not and dont do something yourself it does not really matter. Frankly when watching a video (like that one) I don't go noticing if its neat or not. Dont be too sensitive to distractions like that. Aren't you a man?
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline JTFenthusiast

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 10:24:03 PM »
Tag Mehir,

I dont know what kind of a stupid comment that is,  but Jews should be clean, not looking like slovenly beasts who haven't bathed in a year or two.  Italians for example are often immaculate in how they present themselves.  Believe me: some religious Jews could take a lesson here.    You can't NOT notice  the background being a total disaster.  Being a man means taking care of yourself, not being some chaza in a shul with food everywhere and looking like you haven't bathed in 6 months.  You act like you've never seen this kind of a zoo like appearance in a shul.  These men should be proud of their shul and treat the SHUL with RESPECT.  I grew up in Brooklyn and while many religious Jews are clean and decently groomed, and some look like they have needed a shower for some time!  I haven't shaved in a week myself since I've been on vacation, but I would NOT go and give a lecture looking like I do right now and expect anyone to listen to me seriously. 

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 11:19:54 PM »
Tag Mehir,

I dont know what kind of a stupid comment that is,  but Jews should be clean, not looking like slovenly beasts who haven't bathed in a year or two.  Italians for example are often immaculate in how they present themselves.  Believe me: some religious Jews could take a lesson here.    You can't NOT notice  the background being a total disaster.  Being a man means taking care of yourself, not being some chaza in a shul with food everywhere and looking like you haven't bathed in 6 months.  You act like you've never seen this kind of a zoo like appearance in a shul.  These men should be proud of their shul and treat the SHUL with RESPECT.  I grew up in Brooklyn and while many religious Jews are clean and decently groomed, and some look like they have needed a shower for some time!  I haven't shaved in a week myself since I've been on vacation, but I would NOT go and give a lecture looking like I do right now and expect anyone to listen to me seriously.

Is it in a shul?  It could be just some room they reserved.   A dining room most likely, no?

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 11:31:56 PM »

Grow some bolls and stop making such accusations. Nothing about his look said he didn't bath for a year or 2. Seriously STFU.

And it looks like its a dining place.

The point of the video is the message and not the type of shirt someone has been wearing or some gay sh^t like that.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 01:57:58 AM »
It's a not a shul it's a hall that is used for weddings and other events with lots of people would you all calm down I'm posting a Hebrew Video of Michael Ben Ari right now
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 04:00:49 AM »
There is a difference between keeping clean and hygienic and being neat and tidy. Personally I don't mind when people appear dressed sloppy or if the room is a little disorganized.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 07:46:30 PM »
Grow some bolls and stop making such accusations. Nothing about his look said he didn't bath for a year or 2. Seriously STFU.

And it looks like its a dining place.

The point of the video is the message and not the type of shirt someone has been wearing or some gay sh^t like that.

Lol so true

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 08:08:25 PM »
They think people forgot what they did to Rabbi Binyamin

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 08:51:03 PM »
They think people forgot what they did to Rabbi Binyamin

What do you mean?   (with regards to this video)?

Offline JTFenthusiast

• Full JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 10:02:23 PM »
You are all so [censored] stupid.  I'm not talking about the guy talking.  I was looking at the filthy dirty room with [censored] everywhere.  Calling [censored] gay is GAY.  Keeping your shul like a CHAZA pig is not gay or straight, it's friggin disgusting. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 10:07:39 PM »
You are all so [censored] stupid.  I'm not talking about the guy talking.  I was looking at the filthy dirty room with [censored] everywhere.  Calling [censored] gay is GAY.  Keeping your shul like a CHAZA pig is not gay or straight, it's friggin disgusting.

THAT'S NOT A SHUL!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 12:18:15 AM »
I just watched the video so I could decide who is correct in this disagreement..

In my opinion the room is not too disorganized or messy. I don't know why anyone would make such a comment unless something else is bothering them about it... I am sorry JTFE but I don't agree with your claim that it is too messy to understand what is being said or that it is indicative of bad personal hygiene. Also it doesnt look like a shul to me, but a meeting room in a hotel...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 02:05:08 AM »
I noticed the room and you can't see if it is filthy or not from the video, it is disordered though.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 10:49:48 AM »
Notice how the whole discussion which was supposed to be about the video because about the room supposedly being messy !

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 02:06:12 PM »
Lenny Goldberg and his daughter.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 06:29:01 AM »
How many people turned up for this Anglo meet? It gives the impression of being sparsely attended. How many turned up for the Hebrew meet 2 days previously?

22 years on and the new generation know of Kahane but did not actually know him.

Without a living sincere ideolog leader in Israel who is a good public speaker in both English and Hebrew and who is able to project at least some charisma and menace (eg Chayim!), the old style Kahanism and Kahanists are gradually fading.

Thanks to the high birthrate in Yesha of heroes like our Lenny with their large families, their progeny will never disappear.

But is going to grab the imagination of that progeny, short of Moshiach himself?!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 06:55:20 AM by Yerusha »

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 12:31:47 PM »

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 07:27:48 PM »
Full video

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 07:48:54 PM »
Tag, I have only watched the first 6 minutes, but I can not believe they're calling them terrorists for that.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2012, 09:07:25 PM »
Tag, I have only watched the first 6 minutes, but I can not believe they're calling them terrorists for that.

It is biased (and you can see my comments on the video in the link stating that as well) but never-the-less its great to see some of the great actions as well even though it is British-Nazi BBC reporting it.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 01:19:47 AM »
BTW,This is not the army but the border police,stupid Limeys can't tell the difference.