Author Topic: Soviet Refusenik Yosef Mendelevich (On Rav Kahane)  (Read 868 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Soviet Refusenik Yosef Mendelevich (On Rav Kahane)
« on: December 01, 2012, 08:33:38 PM »
Especially at 40 minutes. Look at what Rav Kahane ZTL HYD stood for and represented for many.
 How he brought them hope as well.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 09:02:51 PM by Tag-MehirTzedek »
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline בַּחַמַל

• Full JTFer
Re: Soviet Refusenik Yosef Mendelevich (On Rav Kahane)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 11:20:12 PM »
Yasher Koach, I watched the whole thing.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 11:28:42 PM »
Yea. Unfortunately the impact of Rav Kahane ZTL HYD is underscored and covered up by some. Some of the biggest and very impacting people even today who do things like Kiruv were impacted first and foremost by Rav Kahane yett his work is underplayed.
 For example (and I hope to find this) Rav Lazer Brody was first and foremost influenced by Rav Kahane. It was his impact that got him to Israel, to top unit and eventually he became and is now a big Rabbi in Israel doing kiruv.
 Also the head of Arachim which is literally the biggest Baal Teshuva movement organization, being run by someone who was (maybe is) a Kahanist. Soo all of those people are making Teshuva all thanks and in Zechut of Rav Kahane ZTL HYD.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 01:12:37 AM »
The time is quickly approaching when more and more Jews will say 'Kahane was right'.

I swear, that over Shabbat lunch today I virtually mentioned Kahanes plan to get rid of all the arabs by persuading them to leave, and those who don't would be forced to leave, and everyone agreed it was a great idea.... And my minyan has not been the most right-leaning until recently. My Rabbi told me the other night he is proud of my zealous support of Israel and wants to get more Jews motivated as I am.

One of the guys in my minyan, a friend of mine, just returned from Israel and he related how it was to run to the bomb shelters. Everyone is getting very concerned for the welfare of the Jewish people in Eretz Yisroel.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14