Author Topic: Police officer height  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Police officer height
« on: December 09, 2012, 01:28:10 AM »
Would you ever trust a midget officer to take down a 300lb 7 foot tall drunk?

Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Police officer height
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 04:56:08 AM »
Maybe to some degree the weapons police carry (pepper spray, tasers, guns) equalizes the height issue somewhat. However I still think he has a very good point that it's important to be physically powerful in that kind of job.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 06:34:05 AM »
Maybe to some degree the weapons police carry (pepper spray, tasers, guns) equalizes the height issue somewhat. However I still think he has a very good point that it's important to be physically powerful in that kind of job.
Years ago the New York City police force had a minimum height requirement that they were very strict with... Today police officers are not only short I have seen a few that are even quite a bit over weight... Officers like this must resort to the gun or some other weapon to get people compliant... People today seem to be a bit taller than the were 20 or 30 years ago... The 6' requirement they had back then would not be that unreasonable for most people today... In order to hire female officers who are even today in most cases shorter than 6' the height requirement needed to go.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 07:08:28 AM »
Years ago the New York City police force had a minimum height requirement that they were very strict with... Today police officers are not only short I have seen a few that are even quite a bit over weight... Officers like this must resort to the gun or some other weapon to get people compliant... People today seem to be a bit taller than the were 20 or 30 years ago... The 6' requirement they had back then would not be that unreasonable for most people today... In order to hire female officers who are even today in most cases shorter than 6' the height requirement needed to go.

So basically, it was "Screw the public's safety, we're going to be politically correct".

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 07:39:56 AM »
So basically, it was "Screw the public's safety, we're going to be politically correct".
If the police departments had their way they would have maintained the requirement however like everything else in the politically correct world of today the courts saw it differently... The battle was even harder fought with the NYC fire department where fire "men" are pulling people out of burning buildings and down several story ladders.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 07:51:39 AM »
If the police departments had their way they would have maintained the requirement however like everything else in the politically correct world of today the courts saw it differently... The battle was even harder fought with the NYC fire department where fire "men" are pulling people out of burning buildings and down several story ladders.

Liberals seem to always use the courts to get their way. Maybe when someone told them when they were little that "You can be anything you want to be when you grow up" they took it far too literally. Some of the little boys took it to mean "Ok I'm going to be a woman then" and some of the little girls said "I'm going to be a fireman!" There are some traditionally male industries in which women are capable of performing just as well, but there are some that women are just plain inferior in performing in. It's not sexist to say that men and women are different.

I think feminists tend to be some of the most anti-female people around. Consider that over 50 percent of the general population are female. Then factor in that police, firefighters, and the military will now be less effective due to women and limp wristed men being put into positions for which they're not qualified. That means that more women will die or be hurt because the services that are there to help protect the population have been weakened.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 12:08:07 PM »
Liberals seem to always use the courts to get their way. Maybe when someone told them when they were little that "You can be anything you want to be when you grow up" they took it far too literally. Some of the little boys took it to mean "Ok I'm going to be a woman then" and some of the little girls said "I'm going to be a fireman!" There are some traditionally male industries in which women are capable of performing just as well, but there are some that women are just plain inferior in performing in. It's not sexist to say that men and women are different.

I think feminists tend to be some of the most anti-female people around. Consider that over 50 percent of the general population are female. Then factor in that police, firefighters, and the military will now be less effective due to women and limp wristed men being put into positions for which they're not qualified. That means that more women will die or be hurt because the services that are there to help protect the population have been weakened.
People like myself that have a few years behind them can see the difference affirmative action of all types have made in municipal services... Sadly younger folks were not around to see the change... Today I some times shake my head at the sight of the substandard police and fire people the city hires... Not to wish anything bad on some of the liberal judges and politicians who have fostered this liberal garbage but G-d willing they never need to be pulled out of a burning building or need a patrol persons help only to find it coming  from someone that is actually unable to save them.