Author Topic: Meir Kahane ZTL Online Book Club  (Read 437 times)

Offline JTFenthusiast

• Full JTFer
Meir Kahane ZTL Online Book Club
« on: December 25, 2012, 04:35:53 PM »
Anyone interested?

I am reading Never Again by Rabbi Kahane and would love the opportunity to discuss the book, chapter by Chapter, week by week.  I am using the BN publishing edition.  We could discuss it using citations and page numbers and discuss the past, present, and future relevance of the texts.

Perhaps we could open a permanent thread on this Topic if it takes off?

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Meir Kahane ZTL Online Book Club
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 04:39:49 PM »
Never did a book club before. Do have this book but honestly I did not read much of it. Their are other books by Rav Kahane ZTL HYD that I read a number of times though.
 I was thinking of reading "Why be Jewish" next (have it already as well).
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline JTFenthusiast

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 04:40:37 PM »
Chapter One: Never again.  While this chapter is only one page in length, I imagine it sets the tone for the rest of the Book.  The premise or idea of "NEVER AGAIN, reaches out from the collective Jewish graveyard and begs, perhaps demands us to heed these words in our daily actions for "Ahavat Israel," which I believe from Chaim's previous use of the term, means "Love of the Jewish people."

Offline JTFenthusiast

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 04:42:22 PM »
Never did a book club before. Do have this book but honestly I did not read much of it. Their are other books by Rav Kahane ZTL HYD that I read a number of times though.
 I was thinking of reading "Why be Jewish" next (have it already as well).

I have Why Be Jewish  as well.  I thinkm we would need a separate thread or section with subdivisions for this not to get too confusing.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 04:47:41 PM »
I have Why Be Jewish  as well.  I thinkm we would need a separate thread or section with subdivisions for this not to get too confusing.

Okay. I will remove this post, but for now- I will try to join the discussion of that book. Will you be doing it soon or will wait some time to start it? You will be doing both simultaneously?
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline JTFenthusiast

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 04:57:05 PM »
Okay. I will remove this post, but for now- I will try to join the discussion of that book. Will you be doing it soon or will wait some time to start it? You will be doing both simultaneously?

I think we could start with one book to make it less confusing and manageable.  I am open to other ideas.  I think it might be nice to have a systematic reading of each text, to go through it methodically