Author Topic: Putin bans Americans from adopting Russian Children  (Read 1252 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Putin bans Americans from adopting Russian Children
« on: December 28, 2012, 01:51:04 PM »
Oh well... looks like I will just adopt from Africa now.... like all the moviestars do.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/28/utah-family-reportedly-adopts-russian-girl-days-before-putin-signs-bill-to-ban/

Utah family reportedly adopted Russian girl days before Putin signed ban
Published December 28, 2012
FoxNews.com
A Utah family reportedly adopted a 4-year-old Russian girl with Down syndrome just days before Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a bill banning Americans from adopting Russian children — presumably making the girl, Hazel, one of the last of those now-banned adoptions.
Heather and Jeremy Fillmore welcomed Hazel into their American Fork home only an hour before Christmas began, the Deseret News reports. It took about 11 months for the Fillmores to bring the girl home from Russia prior to her arrival at Salt Lake City International Airport.
“It’s been tough, but worth it, and to have her here and be part of our family, it’s now great,” Jeremy Fillmore told the newspaper. “We feel like we’re complete and we’re excited to have her.”
The Fillmores found Hazel through a website that advocates for children with special needs called Reece’s Rainbow Down Syndrome Adoption Ministry. She was the family’s second girl they adopted from Russia via the website. Anya, now 7, was adopted in March 2011, the newspaper reports.
Other families approved for adoption are currently undergoing a 30-day waiting period and it’s unclear how Russia’s ban will affect those cases.
“It takes months and months to gather all the paperwork, and you turn it in to them and they are kind of on their own timetable,” Heather Fillmore told the newspaper. “We went on our first trip in May and didn’t return for court until November, and it was because the judge was on a vacation for a lot of the time.”
If the ban does goes forward, children with special needs in the country will have little hope, the Fillmores said.
“It’s just sickening,” Heather Fillmore told Deseret News. “I don’t even want to believe that it can happen because it’s very personal to us. We know many families who are in the process to go to save these children from a horrible life. It just doesn’t make any sense that the children are the ones that are suffering because of retaliation in politics.”
It was not immediately clear when Russia’s new law would take effect, but presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov was quoted by the Interfax news agency as saying "practically, adoption stops on Jan. 1."
Children's rights ombudsman Pavel Astakhov said 52 children who were in the pipeline for U.S. adoption would remain in Russia.
The bill has riled Americans and Russians who claim it victimizes children to make political statements, cutting off a route out of frequently dismal orphanages for thousands.
"Our unlucky children, our orphans are suffering because they became small change in a political game between two states. This is immoral, this is cannibalism," veteran human rights campaigner Lyudmila Alexeyeva was quoted as saying by the state news agency RIA Novosti.
Vladimir Lukin, head of the Russian Human Rights Commission and a former ambassador to Washington, said he would challenge the law in the Constitutional Court.
UNICEF estimates that there are about 740,000 children not in parental custody in Russia while about 18,000 Russians are on the waiting list to adopt a child. The U.S. is the biggest destination for adopted Russian children — more than 60,000 of them have been taken in by Americans over the past two decades.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/28/utah-family-reportedly-adopts-russian-girl-days-before-putin-signs-bill-to-ban/#ixzz2GNFfQRfn

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Putin bans Americans from adopting Russian Children
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 01:58:10 PM »
Putin is afraid that Russian adoptees will choke on the air of American Freedom
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 03:15:09 PM »
And they say the Iron Curtain has come down and Russia is no longer Bolshevik...

Offline בַּחַמַל

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 03:31:15 PM »
I remember seeing a documentary about a couple who adopted a baby from Russia that had fetal alcohol syndrome.  They returned him.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 03:34:25 PM »
And they say the Iron Curtain has come down and Russia is no longer Bolshevik...

I guess they've fooled us all, and the Cold War never really ended.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 03:39:52 PM »
Aw damn! I was only 9 years away from adopting a Russian kid.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 04:10:18 PM »
I remember seeing a documentary about a couple who adopted a baby from Russia that had fetal alcohol syndrome.  They returned him.
That is not right.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 04:46:32 PM »
I would not adopt my children to Americans, either.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 04:51:14 PM »
Putin is afraid that Russian adoptees will choke on the air of American Freedom

You cant be serious.
America is NOT free anymore
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 05:17:54 PM »
So it's better that they rot in Stalinist Russia?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 05:55:26 PM »

So when are you moving?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 07:10:09 PM »
So it's better that they rot in Stalinist Russia?

America is Stalinist now.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 07:22:39 PM »
Imagine denying children a home to live in as a wedge in which to fight your foreign policy battles.  On the backs of children yet!  Putin makes me puke!

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 10:41:45 AM »
Earlier Russia competed with the Red Dragon China as to prove who was a bigger communist. Now again Russia is competing with America to prove that who is a bigger communist. Children are merely the tools in between the politics of the two.

Human right campaigners are exploiting such issues to look good and justify their own stand on the so-called pfalesteine.

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 12:57:39 PM »
Are there no children to adopt in America? 
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 05:48:07 PM »
Are there no children to adopt in America?
The problem for many potential white adoptive parents is they would rather spend many thousands of dollars bringing in a white child from Russia rather than adopt a minority child already here in America.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 07:36:55 PM »
The problem for many potential white adoptive parents is they would rather spend many thousands of dollars bringing in a white child from Russia rather than adopt a minority child already here in America.
My friend was swindled out of thousands of dollars before she was given a child ( and not the child that she was promised from a Russian Orphanage).  While the child is now thriving, she had a multitude of medical problems, it is a great drain on the family.

The color of a child's skin would not be the biggest concern if I were interested in adopting.  I have given adoption some thought over the years.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 09:01:42 PM »
My friend was swindled out of thousands of dollars before she was given a child ( and not the child that she was promised from a Russian Orphanage).  While the child is now thriving, she had a multitude of medical problems, it is a great drain on the family.

The color of a child's skin would not be the biggest concern if I were interested in adopting.  I have given adoption some thought over the years.

I heard similar things as well. Someone told me that all the people he knows who adapted a Russian child they were all messed up. People take from Russian because they are white that is why.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 10:53:20 PM »
I would be willing to adopt a child of any race. That doesn't mean this isn't a fascistic and piggish move.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 11:09:43 PM »
Americans can still adopt from other countries. But kudos to the Utah family that adopted the girl with Down Syndrome. That poor girl would have lived a sad lonely life in Russia but a loving American family opened their hearts to her. That's amazing. Well, if Putin wants special needs kids to become poor lonely forgotten adults in a system that mistreats them, he got it. Let hate and ignorance ruin those poor orphan's lives.  Plenty of abuse and violations in Russia's mental health "hospitals" and that is where children like the girl with Down Syndrome would end up in the good old USSR.