Author Topic: Hilltop Youth  (Read 1971 times)

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Hilltop Youth
« on: July 10, 2007, 12:51:17 AM »
Who can tell me about the Hilltop Youth.  I have heard about them both good and negative but have found very little in the way of hard facts.  I like what I have read about Avri Ran.  The idea of living among the Arabs without any fences or gates is pretty wild.  I have heard some Arabs sniveling about how rough he is with them but then again a guy living in those circumstances would have to be tough.  I have a few questions.

How much area does the Hilltop Youth control in Judea and Samaria?  I know they are big on organic farming which is quite ironic because the leftists who put them down are big on organic food.  Are they really having an impact on the hilltops they grab?  Have any become established communities?  Are they organized or is this like neoconservatives, a name given to Jews who liberals don't like.

Finally, and I realize this might be an unpleasant question, there have been reports that they are troubled kids who are heavily into drugs and alcohol.  Now don't get me wrong, if Avri is turning drug users and drinkers into farmers and nationalists he is doing well.  I am having my own struggles with an unmotivated son these days and I have nothing but admiration for a man who can get them moving in the right direction.  However, are all the kids from troubled backgrounds?  Were they the ones doing the most resisting of expulsions at Gush Katif and Amona?

Any info is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

newman

Re: Hilltop Youth
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 02:44:59 AM »
 Secularbeleiver, I have only been able to get bits and pieces about hilltop youth from googling. I beleive our friend Noam Federman runs it.

About your teenager problems.....you're not alone. My late father (who died of cancer) spent the last 6 years of his life being called an 'f____ing
useless c____' every day by a derranged daughter he had from a second marriage. This is not unusual today. I blame the leftist cultural elite. I hope your dramas aren't as bad as my poor dad's.