Author Topic: Did anyone read Giulio Meotti's latest A7 opinion article?  (Read 389 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Did anyone read Giulio Meotti's latest A7 opinion article?
« on: January 28, 2013, 12:57:44 AM »
I think that Giulio Meotti may just read JTF from time to time, otherwise what he wrote in his latest article for A7 is one huge coincidence. Last week there was a thread where we brought up the antisemitic incitement caused by Martin Luther, the father of Lutheranism. In the end that thread was closed because it was not leading anywhere positive, and I have no problem with that. Mr Meotti has written about this very topic less than a week after we discussed it here and I think it is interesting...

What Mr Meotti wrote would definitely be seen as incitement here, but in the end he provides some balance for his article entitled 'Op-Ed: Christians are Guilty of the Holocaust'. He takes Mr Martin Luther to task for his religious rationale for Jew hatred, which was executed by future generations during the Shoah.

Here is a link to the article : http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/12784#.UQYSDyaRz0E

Excerpt
The last German edition of “Jews and Their Lies” dates back to 1936. Is it so outrageous, that little book penned by Martin Luther, that it should still be banned in Germany in the era of free flow of ideas? According to Professor Christopher Probst, it contains nothing less than the Holocaust program - five centuries earlier than Hitler.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Did anyone read Giulio Meotti's latest A7 opinion article?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 03:53:19 AM »
I don't think Mrtin Luther's anti-Jewish books should be banned. People should know what he wrote.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 04:04:10 AM »
Chaim has said on many occasions that people rip off JTF's material so it's entirely possible. As for Lutherans, they can go straight to Gehenom.

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 04:56:35 AM »
He's great  :)