Author Topic: Big corporations track us and spy on us on the internet (new video)  (Read 3292 times)

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
בס''ד

Everyone is tracked and spied on by major corporations. This growing attack on our privacy will eventually endanger our liberty.

Please "like", favorite and comment on both YouTube and Facebook. To get to the zootube site to help us promote this vital message, click on "YouTube" on the bottom of the video.

Please "like" and join our great new English JTF Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jewish-Task-Force-JTF/460701807304711

Also please "like" our Hebrew Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/HayaminORG

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Re: Big corporations track us and spy on us on the internet (new video)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 08:09:13 AM »
Who's spying on us?
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 08:15:41 AM »
How do we fight this? It makes me think twice about my actions on the internet  :o

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 10:18:17 AM »
XD this is common sense. I never share my personal info on the internet. Very severe consequences. Smh

The first thing you people should do is avoid google like the plague. That's right, stop using their search engine, chrome browser, gmail etc
Facebook is another big issue. Do NOT use your real name or share your personal life stories to friends, even in private message, facebook will use that info and sell it to third parties.

Get extensions for your browser called DoNotTrackMe and Ghostery to block unwanted trackers and third party adverts.

To give guys an idea of what I do to reverse facebook. XD
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/424490_377034875726724_830444878_n.jpg

P.S. use Duckduckgo as the search engine
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 09:00:48 PM by The Noachide »

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 11:21:30 AM »
How do we fight this? It makes me think twice about my actions on the internet  :o

For information on how to protect yourself, just go to:

http://donttrack.us/

Lots of information there that will protect your privacy.

Also, the Noachide's post above was very good.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 11:38:25 AM »
The pink shirt woman with her hand gestures Lol

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 07:57:57 PM »
What are some of you guys searching for? Personally I don't search for anything which I would be embarassed about. And surely the things I search for cannot be used to sell me anything (I don't buy things because of commercials). So I don't really worry all that much about privacy. Anything which requires secrecy should employ encryption... I don't like facebook and have never had an urge to join it... Otherwise I don't know exactly what I need to keep from others. Even though I have a huge internet presence (google muman613) nobody has ever been able to contact me personally based on my network presence.

But it is good to be aware of the dangers. If you feel you need more privacy follow Shlomos advice..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 11:04:17 PM »
Mike, most people don't have a clue how to remain anonymous as possible.

When google demands you give them your CELL PHONE NUMBER, what do people do? They give google their cell phone number. I refuse everytime - that's every other week per company.

What happens when you go to any website and click on that [F] or click on that [t]? You get a login prompt. They refuse to show you anything unless you log in. What do I do? I simply won't see it. I click on the [ x ] on my browser.

If they get too invasive, don't use them.  I don't use facebook or twitter or whatever. Yer a cave man. No. I run my own servers.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline USAReturn2GodNow1776

• Pro JTFer
  • proud christian & kahanist
    • the urban grind
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 12:41:14 AM »
Great video. Scary stuff!

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 09:46:37 AM »
Very Good topic Chaim and a growing threat to privacy...and may I add in agreement to another post, ...stay away from Google and Google Chrome!  I recently noticed after looking for Athletic shoes that a few hours later, I had all kinds of advertisements coming to my In-Box on Athletic shoes, or whatever I had googled to inquire about. The place where I ordered my shoes ordered my size, and in addition got another smaller size which they did not order...They told me someone was looking out for me...well I had nothing to do with ordering the 2nd pair of shoes...guess what...the company had to pay for that 2nd pair of shoes which I didn't order, and none of their staff did either...Figure that one out!

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 01:57:16 PM »
What are some of you guys searching for? Personally I don't search for anything which I would be embarassed about. And surely the things I search for cannot be used to sell me anything (I don't buy things because of commercials). So I don't really worry all that much about privacy.

This is one of the dumbest excuses and the mantra of the complacent... "if you're not doing anything wrong, then there's nothing to worry about". Wrong.

That's the same argument that the government has often used to justify taking away the privacy of citizens. Who decides what "wrong" is, and what happens when your definition starts to disagree with the government or the corporations that fund them? The idea that "if you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about" assumes that the government is full of good people that would not abuse their power, ever. Even if this were true now (and it is obviously not), we cannot be sure it'll be true or much worse in the future. The information collected is usually indefinite or permanent.

If you've nothing to hide, reveal publicly, along with a photo of your kids, where they go to school, and what time they walk home. And what their favorite candy is. Or go ahead and post the medications that everyone in your family uses, all their phone calls, a list of all their friends and their email addresses, social security numbers, phone numbers, and mailing addresses. Let's also get a video feed and aim the camera at your house. Let's see if you really believe that. Make sure to include the ages, all their past internet purchases, and a list of the web sites they visit. I mean, hey... if they aren't doing anything wrong, what would they have to worry about... right?

Did anyone learn lessons from the nazis that got their list of all the Jews from IBM? Do you think that there could ever be anything legal that you could do that corporations or government wouldn't like?

You also assume that these companies never get hacked! We very well know that many companies were hacked and then the data was sold to anyone by hackers. So even if the government and corporations that collect all your data were innocent, you still do not account for the fact that your personal information is worth money - black market, legal, illegal, or otherwise.

So the argument that you have nothing to hide because you aren't "doing anything wrong" is very naive and foolish.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 03:31:29 PM »
This is one of the dumbest excuses and the mantra of the complacent... "if you're not doing anything wrong, then there's nothing to worry about". Wrong.

That's the same argument that the government has often used to justify taking away the privacy of citizens. Who decides what "wrong" is, and what happens when your definition starts to disagree with the government or the corporations that fund them? The idea that "if you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about" assumes that the government is full of good people that would not abuse their power, ever. Even if this were true now (and it is obviously not), we cannot be sure it'll be true or much worse in the future. The information collected is usually indefinite or permanent.

If you've nothing to hide, reveal publicly, along with a photo of your kids, where they go to school, and what time they walk home. And what their favorite candy is. Or go ahead and post the medications that everyone in your family uses, all their phone calls, a list of all their friends and their email addresses, social security numbers, phone numbers, and mailing addresses. Let's also get a video feed and aim the camera at your house. Let's see if you really believe that. Make sure to include the ages, all their past internet purchases, and a list of the web sites they visit. I mean, hey... if they aren't doing anything wrong, what would they have to worry about... right?

Did anyone learn lessons from the nazis that got their list of all the Jews from IBM? Do you think that there could ever be anything legal that you could do that corporations or government wouldn't like?

You also assume that these companies never get hacked! We very well know that many companies were hacked and then the data was sold to anyone by hackers. So even if the government and corporations that collect all your data were innocent, you still do not account for the fact that your personal information is worth money - black market, legal, illegal, or otherwise.

So the argument that you have nothing to hide because you aren't "doing anything wrong" is very naive and foolish.
hmm

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 05:19:08 PM »
I have to agree with Shlomo on this one Muman. Everything I look at online is legal, but if big bother looked at what I view online, they would put me in the class of a religious gun loving hillbilly biker. Which the leftists like to call terrorists.

I have a song for this, you want to hear it, here it goes.

Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 11:34:55 PM »
hmm

There is a big difference between posting information about yourself and corporations breaking into your private documents and publicising things. If a person makes something public, it is public, and everyone can access it. I person doesn't place a sticker on his vehicle or on his forehead with his social security number, doing so would be stupid. So too anyone who publishes the medications that his family uses should be aware that posting it makes it public.

A person does not expect privacy when he is in a public place. The internet is a public place, and thus it is stupid to publish all your personal information.

But this is different than spying or tracking people. What a person publishes about himself cannot be called spying...

Certainly everyone should be aware what information is made public. Things you don't want known should not be written because everything is archived and there is a history of our interactions with the network.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2013, 11:45:32 PM »
I would like to add that it is important to remain vigilant at all times to keeping virus and malware detection software up-to-date on Windows systems. I do believe that there is a plethora of malware which collects personal data on these Windows systems (and I just helped a friend remove a bunch of that stuff from his Windows XP laptop this weekend)... It is obvious that these software are malicious and they were released in order to steal information and/or money from the victims.

Keep your Virus software up-to-date and be aware of what security alerts are in effect at all times. I get email updates from the CERT organization which sends out alerts for computer security.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CERT_Coordination_Center

The CERT Coordination Center (CERT/CC) is the coordination center of the computer emergency response team (CERT) for Internet security incidents. The first center of its kind, it was created in November 1988 at DARPA's direction in response to the Morris worm incident. The CERT/CC is now part of the CERT Program, which has more than 150 cybersecurity professionals working on projects that take a proactive approach to securing systems. The CERT Program partners with government, industry, law enforcement, and academia to develop advanced methods and technologies to counter large-scale, sophisticated cyber threats.

The CERT Program is part of the Software Engineering Institute (SEI), a federally funded research and development center at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU). CERT is a registered trademark of Carnegie Mellon University.[1]
In 2003, the Department of Homeland Security entered into an agreement with CMU to create US-CERT.[2] US-CERT is the national computer security incident response team (CSIRT) for the United States of America. The CERT/CC coordinates information with US-CERT and other computer security incident response teams, some of which are licensed to use the name “CERT.” The CERT Program runs the CERT Knowledgebase.[1].

The history of CSIRTs is linked to the existence of malware, especially computer worms and viruses. Whenever a new technology arrives, its misuse is not long in following. The first worm in the IBM VNET was covered up. Shortly after, a worm hit the Internet on November 3, 1988, when the so-called Morris Worm paralysed a good percentage of it. This led to the formation of the CERT/CC at Carnegie Mellon University under a U.S. Government contract. With the massive growth in the use of information and communications technologies over the subsequent years, the now-generic term "CSIRT" refers to an essential part of most large organisations' structures.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 11:58:48 PM »
My opinion on Mr Swartz is that he acted in an illegal manner and got caught. He should have been investigated and charged with theft of information. I don't know all the information about the case, but the article which Shlomo linked to above seems to support the idea that this guy was acting as a thief, stealing information which was proprietary.

Still, Aaron’s methods were reckless and counterproductive. For starters, walking into someone’s networking closet and hooking your equipment up to a switch without permission is almost never OK, and it’s definitely not OK if the objective is to evade the network owner’s previous attempts to block you from the network. The conflict between Aaron and JSTOR led to the entire MIT campus being cut off from JSTOR access for several days, doubtless affecting the productivity of hundreds of MIT scholars.

I work for a company which produced Intellectual Property. There is a whole area of law called intellectual property law which protect the one who invests time and money into developing an idea into a product. I sure as hell don't want people stealing my hard work, which I get payed for and pays the bills for me and my family... Stealing my companies IP is stealing from me. And I want anyone who engages in theft against my company to do hard time.

Just because someone believes that all information should be free (so too some loonies believe all animals should be free and engage in terrorism against medical and technology companies) doesn't mean they are right. No more than the Occupy WallStreet idiots who believe that just because a property is not currently occupied by paying tenents that the property should be owned by the 'street people' who squat on the property (we have a big problem with squatters where I currently live). These people engage in illegal behavior... There are penalties for engaging in criminal behavior... And in most cases I think that companies have every right to protect their investment. As a engineer who develops software I have long stood against those who feel that my work is their right to copy...

PS: I am also a BIG supporter of Open Source software. I make sure to 'give back' to the software engineering field by contributing free code on a variety of platforms (including github and others)... I contribute a lot of time and effort also giving advice on software engineering forums pertaining to technologies I have experience in. So there is a balance between 'Open Source' and 'Proprietary' in my own life... I know where to draw the line between what should be shared with the community, and what is important for my companies survival...

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 04:16:41 AM »
DuckDuckGo is my new homepage.

Offline A-S-H-E-R

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 12:33:10 PM »
Scary indeed !!!!
On the ZELLO APP : asheriko

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 03:27:39 AM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                                                               :fist:

Kol Hakavod Chaim on this superb video!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 03:29:33 AM »
I agree with Shlomo on this issue.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 05:16:18 PM »
Theres more prying and spying just in the last few months.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 07:00:34 AM »
What's challenging is avoiding youtube the world's top video sharing site. Since google bought them around '08 it has been a big cluttered mess each time they down-dated the site.

R.i.p. youtube 2005-2007

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 07:32:55 AM »
What's challenging is avoiding youtube the world's top video sharing site. Since google bought them around '08 it has been a big cluttered mess each time they down-dated the site.

R.i.p. youtube 2005-2007
The problem with YouTube is the fact that they insist on people also having a google account in order to access their account... I had avoided that pitfall for a time by not logging out of my YouTube account... At one point  I made the mistake of logging out and after that I was unable to access my existing YouTube account without making up the required google account... Google now seems to track things quite a bit more than YouTube when it was on it's own.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 10:02:39 AM »
The big problem is google...Period. Remember the phrase "broadcast yourself"?
It is gone, I managed to revert youtube back with the 2007 layout and bypass google's pop up merging account.
However, this is inadequate for me.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 05:08:36 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation of DuckDuckgo.com   no more google!