Author Topic: Mayor Koch died  (Read 2615 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Mayor Koch died
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2013, 11:18:24 PM »
Dead wrong, convict.  As Chazal teach us in Eruvin 19a, all Jews who have not had sexual intercourse with a non-Jewish woman are saved from Gehinnom by Avraham Avinu.  Koch, being a confirmed homosexual, never had sexual relations with a non-Jewish woman, or a Jewish woman for that matter.  Therefore it is not possible that he is in Gehinnom right now.

I think there is a gross error in your judgment. By your reasoning nobody who is homosexual and a Jew would ever go to gehinnom, so this is obviously false. Gehinnom for a Jew is a time and condition used to cleanse the soul of the transgression. Apparently some sages also suggest that some other sinners may not be saved by Father Abraham.

I am making no comment on the Koch passing. I have no feeling about it yet.

http://www.sichosinenglish.org/books/to-live-and-live-again/06.htm
(Back to text) In a parallel discussion (Eruvin 19a) the Sages comment on Yeshayahu 66:24, "And they shall go forth and look upon the carcasses of the men who have rebelled against Me": This alludes to the sinners of the nations, whereas the sinners of Israel will do penance in Gehinnom, from which Avraham Avinu will ultimately free them. The Talmud excludes one who had relations with a gentile woman, but Tosafos (s.v. Chutz, on Bava Metzia 58b) explains that even this sinner leaves Gehinnom after twelve months. However, Tosafos (s.v Posh'ei, on Chagigah 27a) excludes certain sinners, and see also Tosafos on Rosh HaShanah 17a.

PS: I agree that ultimately the teaching is that all Jews will merit Olam Haba, either in one gilgul or another, or after some time in Gehinnom..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2013, 11:33:19 PM »
Dead wrong, convict.  As Chazal teach us in Eruvin 19a, all Jews who have not had sexual intercourse with a non-Jewish woman are saved from Gehinnom by Avraham Avinu.  Koch, being a confirmed homosexual, never had sexual relations with a non-Jewish woman, or a Jewish woman for that matter.  Therefore it is not possible that he is in Gehinnom right now.
Hello again Ralph.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 11:39:31 PM »
I must agree that Mr Koch should have done more repentance than he appears to have done. If he truly was against mercy for Jonathan Pollard, and he also took a stand against Chaim in that way, then I must rebuke him for doing so. I believe that he did have a spot for Israel in his heart, and it was not within his power to truly stand up against the democrat machine in its anti-Israel bend. He made several weak statements in support of Israel, but never backed it up, and always seemed to back down to Obama.

I will not curse him at this time, but I will not praise him either...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 01:10:05 AM »

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2013, 01:54:43 AM »
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline sarajavitz

• New JTFer
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2013, 01:04:46 PM »
I think there is a gross error in your judgment. By your reasoning nobody who is homosexual and a Jew would ever go to gehinnom, so this is obviously false. Gehinnom for a Jew is a time and condition used to cleanse the soul of the transgression. Apparently some sages also suggest that some other sinners may not be saved by Father Abraham.

I am making no comment on the Koch passing. I have no feeling about it yet.

PS: I agree that ultimately the teaching is that all Jews will merit Olam Haba, either in one gilgul or another, or after some time in Gehinnom..

your saying that a maamar chazal is "false" (chas v' shalom) is proof that you are a lowlife piece of [censored] apikorus.  you're the scum of the earth you meshichist christian [censored].

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 09:44:37 PM »
I bet he's telling Satan, "How am I doing?" and Satan's like, "SHUT UP!"
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision