Author Topic: Explain the actions of Naftali Bennett  (Read 610 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Explain the actions of Naftali Bennett
« on: February 15, 2013, 08:28:03 AM »
Bennett entered into a pact with Lapid.   Lapid wants to join the govt but as long as it's not with Shas.   

So Mafdal decides they will help him out.    What are Bennett's motives?  How does he benefit.

Could it be that Bennett is afraid (and probably bibi too) that if Lapid sits in the opposition to a new government formed without him, and that government comes to some agreement on the haredi issue (which of course won't be extreme enough for Lapid), then Lapid is the next Israeli prime minister?   Maybe Bennett is trying to bring lapid into the govt to prevent him from becoming prime minister later.       Or do you believe it's something more sinister?

Explain.

Sorry, I meant to say lapid as next PM if he sits in opposition.  Edited accordingly.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 10:36:37 AM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Explain the actions of Naftali Bennett
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 09:06:54 AM »
   I hope and pray it is a bluff he is trying to make Pipi give him more bargaining chips soo to speak and give him incentives to break off this "alliance".
   Or it could be that the Mafdal see themselves as in competition to the Haredim and want to change the Rabbanut to be under them and not under the Haredim.
  Third possibility- they always are and will be the "fifth wheel" of the hilonim. They have an inferiority complex.
  Or he is just an idiot. This will cost him the next time around and just like always they get some enthusiasm and then die down.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 09:25:45 AM »
Bibi has a beef with both of them, and has an option of making a coalition either one of them + the haredim, or with both of them, if they form a pact, bibi's options are limited to the latter.

Bennett is the lesser of the evils among the right, and Lapid is the lesser of the evils among the left (yeah yeah, I will probably get some heat for saying that). Let those two do whatever it is they want with their new political toys, as long as Bennett blocks any withdrawal from J&S; under such an arrangement, he has the power to pull the plug on the government, hopefully he does use it in such an emergency.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 09:56:58 AM »
Merkat Lapig is MUCH more dangerous then the likes of his father. He will G-D forbid introduce deform "Judaism" to Israel and further destroy the Jewish nation all with a smile and saying to the Haredim and Religious- ooh you won, etc. and all the BS he has been promoting and saying. An open Rasha is much better then such individuals.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 10:21:25 AM »
The fact that he is dangerous I agree with you on, but for slightly different reasons. Being a secular nationalist, I am much more concerned about J&S remaining in our hands. Lapid is very charismatic, sort of like Israel's obamba, Im very worried about him getting enough support and using it to push surrender negotiations with the fakestinians.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 10:56:52 AM »
The fact that he is dangerous I agree with you on, but for slightly different reasons. Being a secular nationalist, I am much more concerned about J&S remaining in our hands. Lapid is very charismatic, sort of like Israel's obamba, Im very worried about him getting enough support and using it to push surrender negotiations with the fakestinians.

True. Both are very much disastrous. He is definitely pro giving land to Arab-Nazis, but I do not see him being particularly more dangerous on that issue than others. Changing the character of the State and knocking off the religious momentum that has been building up is the greater agenda and danger from him. Defromism is the biggest curse imaginable worse then the Arabs. And on the Arabs they WILL surrender the lands and they will rather fight and kill good Jews instead of fighting the Arab enemies. They also will bring in non-Jews whom they will or have "converted" to fight against the true Religious Jews. This will bring a disaster. A real disaster and a big mix up of who is and who is not a Jew. The only solution then will be a group of Jews and the rest just being a mix up. Jews, non-Jews, mamzerim and all the rest in a big mix up. The group of the Jews will never mix or have anything to do with the other mix up, or you can also call "Erev Rav" (literally mixed multitude).  Or it will be phrased as being either a Yehudi (Jew) or an "Israeli" but not both. EVER since their will be 2 (t least 2) distinct and completely separate groups.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 11:04:40 AM »
I wouldn't mind if they made a pact so that Mafdal will support enlisting charedim and Lapid will not demand to engage in retreats diplomacy. But sadly it is probably not the case. I don't think there is much ideology involved in theit scheming. Perhaps they want to coordinated in their plans to extort and grab as much as they can.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 11:36:08 AM »
I wouldn't mind if they made a pact so that Mafdal will support enlisting charedim and Lapid will not demand to engage in retreats diplomacy. But sadly it is probably not the case. I don't think there is much ideology involved in theit scheming. Perhaps they want to coordinated in their plans to extort and grab as much as they can.

That is also my hope, I am even slightly optimistic about it.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 12:16:25 PM »
Prediction: Lapid's career will be very short.  If he gets any influence in the current government, you can expect a huge surge of religious Jews winning in the next election. 
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 12:28:41 PM »
Prediction: Lapid's career will be very short.  If he gets any influence in the current government, you can expect a huge surge of religious Jews winning in the next election.

Unfortunately I doubt it as of now. I think the Mafdal are the one's who will loose big next time around if they continue on this pact of theirs.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 12:31:40 PM »
you're right.. The fake right wing groups which try to be alternate to Likud and start to go left are short lived.  Look at Kadima today.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein