Author Topic: Land for Jonathan Pollard? What is the Halacha?  (Read 3373 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Land for Jonathan Pollard? What is the Halacha?
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 11:48:54 PM »
Bibi can declare a building freeze and once Pollard is released and safely arrives in Israel, Bibi can declare the freeze is over. It's not the same thing as giving away land or signing a "peace" treaty with the PLO Arabs.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 01:01:33 AM »
Bibi can declare a building freeze and once Pollard is released and safely arrives in Israel, Bibi can declare the freeze is over. It's not the same thing as giving away land or signing a "peace" treaty with the PLO Arabs.

You really are delusional.   Theoretically, if we live in a fantasy world, bibi can do any number of things (and so could really any person), but we know that in reality he would never do the things you suggest.     

The same warped thinking was behind the chorus saying that the last building freeze was "for our own good" and was used to convince people through deception that bibi was achieving some noble end by going along with it that we would all benefit from once it was over.   Then as time went on, that proved to be completely false, as the only thing he was trying to do was get Abbas to the negotiating table - But yet, all the cheerleaders continue to hypothesize and pontificate about "bibi's true motivations (TM)" every time he takes an action to sabotage the Jewish people and strengthen our enemies.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 01:03:26 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/165395#.USQnXKUiGWE

Please read the comment by zeev, har nof. 

3. Hear clear statements? LOL. Calling Danon's bluff.
Even in print the guy reveals his "tell." I would love to play poker with Danon some time. What an easy mark. There is no way they will request the release of Pollard.  They are once again in the midst of a deception of the Jewish people.   Bibi has now floated these rumors how many times and come up empty, not doing anything to free Pollard? & yet you in the media continue to believe it every time, and the readers too?  This is wrong and unfair to Pollard and his wife.  Stop the deception!
zeev, har nof (19/2/13)

Shaked has no say in this matter, and she knows that.  Although it's a valiant effort on her part and I can't fault her for trying.  Her almost-always-irrelevant party has pretty consistently called for Pollard's release.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2013, 01:06:00 AM »
I know that Jonathan Pollard is important but I don't think he's important to the Israeli establishment. Didn't an agent from Israel tell him to commit suicide? They don't give a crap about him. They probably blame him for being in prison for so long.

Thank you for expressing sanity on this issue.

It's amazing how the press secretaries of Israeli politicians get the media into a tizzy by floating rumors about this issue, and it becomes instant fantasy-fest over the entire internet, every. single. time. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2013, 02:50:24 AM »
Again my point is being missed...

I don't care if Bibi or Peres are not going to ask for it. I think Obama may offer it in exchange for some 'concessions' on the part of Israel.

In this case, what is your opinion?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013, 12:28:09 PM »
His wiki says he's scheduled for release on nov 21 2015. Why give up land if he's leaving anyway?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 12:37:21 PM »
His wiki says he's scheduled for release on nov 21 2015. Why give up land if he's leaving anyway?

I think that wiki is misleading. It says he will be eligible for parole in Nov 2015.... But there is no garuntee he will be released at that time. And I really doubt he would be considered for parole...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 12:41:40 PM »
Further this article indicates that the 2015 release date is a fantasy:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/92160#.USUKlDWNLSE

C'tee to Free Jonathan Pollard: 2015 Release a Sham

(IsraelNN.com) The Committee to Free Jonathan Pollard announced Tuesday that reports that Pollard will be released in 2015 are completely false.

The web site of the US Federal Penitentiary published a statement that on November 21st 2015, 30 years after his life-sentence began, Pollard would be released.

The US has never announced that Pollard would be released early from his life-sentence. Also, an early release is only possible after a prisoner requests a hearing to that end – something Pollard, who is seeking a pardon, has never done. Furthermore, the web site stating Pollard's release-date has been around for years, according to the committee.

http://www.jonathanpollard.org/2005/110105.htm

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 12:47:56 PM »
http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-EdContributors/Article.aspx?id=297600

Nor is there an “automatic release” date for Jonathan on November 21, 2015.

This too is a popular misconception. The 2015 date, which appears on the Bureau of Prisons’ website, marks the 30th anniversary of Jonathan’s arrest.

It is not a release date, but a time at which Jonathan can request parole.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2013, 12:58:36 PM »
Thank you for expressing sanity on this issue.

It's amazing how the press secretaries of Israeli politicians get the media into a tizzy by floating rumors about this issue, and it becomes instant fantasy-fest over the entire internet, every. single. time.

You're welcome although I definitely wish he was more valued by the Israeli leadership and that he had better prospects for freedom.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2013, 01:34:10 PM »
Obongo has decided on a date to release pollard:

http://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5717090/il_fullxfull.108639428.jpg
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2013, 04:36:49 PM »
I think that wiki is misleading. It says he will be eligible for parole in Nov 2015.... But there is no garuntee he will be released at that time. And I really doubt he would be considered for parole...

That can't be right since there is no such thing as federal parole.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2013, 08:27:09 PM »
Again my point is being missed...

I don't care if Bibi or Peres are not going to ask for it. I think Obama may offer it in exchange for some 'concessions' on the part of Israel.

In this case, what is your opinion?

No!  Absolutely no!

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2013, 11:47:05 PM »
That can't be right since there is no such thing as federal parole.

Wasn't Chaim out on federal parole? They allowed him to visit Israel while on parole. After his parole was over, he went back to Israel but was expelled because he intended to stay there once his parole was over.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2013, 02:19:53 PM »

Wasn't Chaim out on federal parole? They allowed him to visit Israel while on parole. After his parole was over, he went back to Israel but was expelled because he intended to stay there once his parole was over.

Federal parole was abolished in the late 80s, and was replaced with "supervised release"