Author Topic: Baruch Dayan HaEmet! Orthodox Jewish couple dies in crash in Brooklyn  (Read 2109 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
When a Jew hears of the death of another, while we are in mourning for our fellows misfortune we also remember that Hashem is the ultimate and True Judge. We must bless Hashem, both in good times and in bad times, and we say 'Baruch Dayan HaEmet'.

Today we must say this in respect for the loss of an Orthodox Jewish couple who were killed in a car crash while trying to get to the hospital.. It is a tragedy...

http://www.sfgate.com/news/us/article/Expectant-parents-die-in-NY-crash-infant-survives-4324177.php

NEW YORK (AP) — A young couple expecting their first child were on their way to a hospital early Sunday when the car they were riding in was hit, killing them both, but their baby boy was born prematurely and survived, authorities said.

The driver of a BMW slammed into the car carrying Nachman and Raizy Glauber, both 21, at an intersection in the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn, said Isaac Abraham, a neighbor of Raizy Glauber’s parents who lives two blocks from the scene of the crash.

Raizy Glauber was thrown from the car and her body landed under a parked tractor-trailer, said witnesses who came to the scene after the crash. Both of the Glaubers were pronounced dead at hospitals, police said, and both died of blunt-force trauma, the medical examiner said.

Their infant son was in serious condition, said Abraham, and the driver of their car was in stable condition, police said.

Both the driver of the BMW and a passenger fled and were being sought, police said.

Photos taken after the accident showed both cars mangled and the front end of the BMW crumpled. Issac said the Glaubers called a car service because they didn’t own a car, which is common for New Yorkers.

It’s not clear why they were headed to the hospital. Abraham had said earlier Sunday that the couple was going there for the child’s birth, but police would only say the trip was related to Raizy Glauber’s pregnancy.

Abraham later added that members of the Orthodox Jewish community that Glaubers belonged to had called the car service and were told that a car was called for and the destination was a hospital.

Abraham often speaks publicly for the different sects in the ultra-orthodox community, which has strict rules governing clothing, social customs and interaction with the outside world. Men wear dark clothing that includes a long coat and a fedora-type hat and often have long beards and ear locks.

Abraham called the couple’s death “a tragedy beyond (belief) just coming off a joyous holiday as Purim” as they were getting ready to welcome their first child.

A funeral for the Glaubers was planned for Sunday afternoon. Jewish law calls for burial of the dead as soon as possible.

Brooklyn is home to the largest community of ultra-orthodox Jews outside Israel, more than 250,000.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
Re: Baruch Dayan HaEmet! Orthodox Jewish couple dies in crash in Brooklyn
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 03:33:52 PM »
G-d bless there souls and the souls of there friends and family....
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 03:35:05 PM »
http://m.chabad.org/m/article_cdo/aid/1580673

In Judaism, when we hear about a death, the response we are to give is: Baruch Dayan HaEmet. Blessed is the True Judge. Over the years I have struggled with this response. I really have. There are times it seems appropriate, other times when it is hard to swallow.

When my elderly grandfather passed on, I had no problem reciting these words. He had lived a full life. He had been there for his children and his grandchildren, and even had the merit to meet some of his great-grandchildren. This is how life is supposed to go. We, the great-grandchildren, mourning the loss of our elder. Baruch Dayan HaEmet.

But what about when it is the great-grandparents mourning their great-grandchildren? When it is a three-month-old baby in Israel with her throat slashed by a terrorist, or a two-year-old orphaned on his birthday in Mumbai, or the siblings of a nine-year-old brother in Brooklyn. And the list goes on.

Baruch Dayan HaEmet. Blessed is the True Judge.

It is hard to say. But really, is there anything else to say?

When things make sense, when things go in the natural order, it is easy to leave G‑d out of it. But when they don’t—when they tragically and incomprehensibly go in a different direction—as hard as it may be, there is only one thing we can rely on. That this is not natural. This is not something that makes sense. This is only something that our Creator can understand. And we have no option but to trust that somehow, some way, there is a reason and meaning to this.

One of the most powerful moments in my journey in Judaism came about in a conversation regarding the murder of fifteen-year-old Marc. I was in Israel, studying for the year, and had become much more connected to my Judaism. I was loving the learning, the meaning, the lifestyle. But I just couldn’t get past my difficulty in connecting to a G‑d who would allow tragedy to happen. A G‑d who allowed Marc to be shot in the back, devastating family and friends forever.

I sat there one night debating this with a friend. I emphatically said that there was no way I wanted to live in a world, or believe in a G‑d, that would allow an innocent child to be callously murdered. My friend looked me right in the eye and responded that she didn’t want to live in a world where that excuse for a human being, that murderer, was more powerful than her G‑d.

It hit me. It was so true. I also don’t want to live in a world where my G‑d is not greater than these monsters. Does it help me understand why these things happen? No. But who said we can ever understand? We can’t. But we can believe that despicable tragedies will not go unpunished. That they will not be forgotten. And that one day—G‑d willing, immediately—we will no longer suffer like this, for our exile will be over.

Baruch Dayan HaEmet.

Blessed is the True Judge.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 07:53:58 PM »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 09:33:24 PM »
 :'( :'( :'(

If the premature child survives may find strength when he is older to be a righteous Jew to bring about the coming of moshiach if it hasn't happened yet.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 09:51:36 PM »
horrible. but at least the kid lived.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 09:58:19 PM »
 :'(
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 10:23:29 PM »
:'( :'( :'(

If the premature child survives may find strength when he is older to be a righteous Jew to bring about the coming of moshiach if it hasn't happened yet.

Amen... I cannot believe how things just come out of nowhere and take good people away. The child should grow to be a strong Jew, with the traits of moshiach.

Offline Havok

• Full JTFer
  • You'll never get rid of me
The moral of this story is that no matter how much we try, no matter how much we want it … some stories just don't have a happy ending.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 11:16:16 AM »
May they find comfort in Heaven all of them...   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 02:37:46 AM »
An update.
The murdered who did this is now in police custody.

The killer of this family- the parents and their baby- had apparently killed before. He had been imprisoned in the past for some type of manslaughter and later for DUI.

And he was out in the street, driving in a neighborhood where he didn't belong. Now he says that he was speeding because someone was chasing after him in another car, trying to shoot him. So he says he is running for his life at 60 mph, sure. How in he world can someone with a criminal list be freely driving in the streets. Just sick.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 02:44:38 AM »
Maybe his picture could be a little smaller? What a wicked thing he did, and he probably doesn't even realize what he did or takes responsibility for it. It would have been best for the world if this guy stayed in prison, it would have saved lives.

It is stories like this which cause a person to ask questions, very difficult questions...

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 02:49:41 AM »
I am sorry, that was the first picture I found online. He looks like an evil thug. Now he will really spend the rest of his life in prison, where he should have been.
It is painful knowing that is it too late.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 02:53:22 AM »
What a sad situation... May the family rest in peace...
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 11:01:22 AM »
si senior. He didn't know they were dead when he ran off. then he came back and ran again.
I think he's still hiding.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 12:11:09 PM »
An update.
The murdered who did this is now in police custody.

The killer of this family- the parents and their baby- had apparently killed before. He had been imprisoned in the past for some type of manslaughter and later for DUI.

And he was out in the street, driving in a neighborhood where he didn't belong. Now he says that he was speeding because someone was chasing after him in another car, trying to shoot him. So he says he is running for his life at 60 mph, sure. How in he world can someone with a criminal list be freely driving in the streets. Just sick.

Indeed,   this is a senseless tragedy that could easily have been prevented if the Criminal Justice system wasn't poisoned by leftists and RINO's.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the couple and the baby.   
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/