Author Topic: Dog TV is launched in Israel for home alone pets  (Read 1182 times)

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
Dog TV is launched in Israel for home alone pets
« on: March 10, 2013, 10:21:38 AM »
An Israeli TV company has launched a channel just for dogs.

Programmes on Dog TV are developed by trainers to comfort canines left home alone, with special colours dogs can see, and soothing music.

Click link for video:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21724814

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Dog TV is launched in Israel for home alone pets
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 10:27:15 AM »
An Israeli TV company has launched a channel just for dogs.

Programmes on Dog TV are developed by trainers to comfort canines left home alone, with special colours dogs can see, and soothing music.

Click link for video:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21724814
Nice
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 11:10:44 AM »
It's a cute idea. I don't know how much good it actually does to calm dogs down though. I think giving the dog enough exercise when the owner can be there would probably go a lot further toward that goal that DogTV. Of course as we all know this kind of thing isn't really marketed toward dogs, it's marketed toward people. If people find it appealing, either to watch themselves, or if they feel it helps their dogs to calm down, then the channel will do well.

This reminded me of the time I was playing one of the Mario games and my dog started barking at the little character jumping around on the screen. Mario would jump and the dog would bark! Very funny :)

One of the dogs I had used to actually watch the screen with me. Maybe he was just trying to figure out what I was staring at.

I always thought it was funny when a dog would bark on the tv or radio and it would make the dogs in the room bark too.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 12:07:59 PM »
Beware after a while this will happen to your dogs

http://blog-photos.dogvacay.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/fat_dog.jpg
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 01:36:31 PM »
Haha this is great!
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 02:13:54 PM »
Whenever any dog barked on TV, one of my alpha dogs started barking in sympathy with a typical sound like wolf and used to make a dash to the TV room. The beta dog will copy and follow the action. But they were concerned only to the sound and not to the TV or to the dog picture therein.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 02:33:59 PM »
Whenever any dog barked on TV, one of my alpha dogs started barking in sympathy with a typical sound like wolf and used to make a dash to the TV room. The beta dog will copy and follow the action. But they were concerned only to the sound and not to the TV or to the dog picture therein.

That's cute!
In my home, my dogs think I'm the alpha dog. They have the ultimate respect for me. They may be crazy and wild sometimes and won't listen to anyone but when I step in, they immediately do what I say. I think they think my sister is the beta dog, they listen to her second after me.
The only time they tested my power is when they were pretending to run away, and were so far away from me- with me yelling after them until they finally gave in and came running back, jumping into my arms.

Online Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 05:38:08 PM »

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 06:22:52 PM »
That's cute!
In my home, my dogs think I'm the alpha dog. They have the ultimate respect for me. They may be crazy and wild sometimes and won't listen to anyone but when I step in, they immediately do what I say. I think they think my sister is the beta dog, they listen to her second after me.
The only time they tested my power is when they were pretending to run away, and were so far away from me- with me yelling after them until they finally gave in and came running back, jumping into my arms.

Actually my younger son was the alpha master of all the dogs we had at different times. So the dogs respected him the most. At difficult occasions, My wife was their terror master having ultimate control over them. I was only a comic like player with them. Fortunately my residences always had big empty playing fields nearby. So whenever short of exercise, I used to take over the dogs to the ground, where the dogs will be running and I was chasing them with full speed. When I got tired then the dogs will start chasing me and again I have to run to the top of my speed. When they approached to me, they will start jumping directly on my neck and chest with open mouths and claws and I have to swiftly defend with my jabs and high kicks. Sometimes they were so near to me that I had to throw them in judo styles. They had all the natural survival techniques and were so benevolent that in so many years neither I could get a single cut or scratch nor they could get any direct kick or punch.   
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 06:51:44 PM »
I've seen frozen dog treats sold next to regular ice cream.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 10:13:56 PM »
Is it a whole channel just for dogs?
We have the best little dog.  Still, I don't know if he needs his own channel.
I don't know if my dog thinks in terms of alpha and beta.  He thinks 'I love her...  She is the one with the food. I better not make her mad':::D
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 01:57:58 AM »
Back in the early 80's we had a Border Collie dog that would actually watch some things on the TV... He would watch a good part of the old Jim Henson's Muppet TV show and an old time commercial for Chuck Wagon dog food... He would sit in front of the TV and follow all the characters  around on the screen... The best was the dog food commercial however... The dog food commercial had a little chuck wagon that disappeared into a lower kitchen cabinet door... The dog would hear the sound of the lead in on the commercial and run into the room in time to see the chuck wagon disappearing through the cabinet door and he would run behind the TV waiting for the little wagon to come out the back of the set.

He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 04:49:17 AM »
That's a cute story CJD :) I've wondered before how well dogs can actually see the images on the screen.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 06:01:04 AM »
That's a cute story CJD :) I've wondered before how well dogs can actually see the images on the screen.
Thanks... He was a very smart Border Collie dog and he was one of the few dogs that I ever saw that had any interest in the TV... I can see why they use them to herd sheep... We had a few other dogs but they never paid much attention to the TV picture or even sound... That one however liked seeing other animals or animated things like the muppets on the screen... The dog food commercial was the best however because he  would actually follow the little wagon around on the screen so he had to be able to see it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 06:14:56 AM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years