Author Topic: Muslim get ten years for plotting to blow up Synagouges and slaughter Jews  (Read 895 times)

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2013/03/myjihad-in-new-york-muslim-gets-ten-years-for-plotting-to-blow-up-synagogues-and-slaughter-jews.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

NEW YORK (AP) — An Algerian New Yorker was sentenced to 10 years in prison Friday for plotting an attack on New York City synagogues, even as his lawyers continued to insist that he was manipulated by a police mole and never had any intention of carrying it out.
Ahmed Ferhani, 28, pleaded guilty in December to rare state-level terrorism charges in order to avoid the possibility of decades in prison.

His lawyers acknowledged that he purchased guns, ammunitions and an inert grenade at the conclusion of an elaborate police sting. Investigators also recorded Ferhani saying hateful things about Jews and talking about attacking houses of worship. But Ferhani and his lawyers say his true intention was to sell the weapons on the black market because he was desperate for money. The police recordings also captured him talking about lining up buyers and speculating about how much he might earn.

"This was, your honor, a gun crime, and not a crime of terrorism," his lawyer, Lamis Deek, told the judge.

At his sentencing hearing, Ferhani apologized to his parents, who he said had raised him to be respectful of people, regardless of their race, religions or sexual orientation.

"They were humiliated, attacked and harassed on a daily basis over the last two years," said Ferhani, who moved to the U.S. to escape Algeria's civil war as a child and spoke in a New York accent. "I was raised by parents who taught me to put others before myself."

"They were humiliated, attacked and harassed on a daily basis over the last two years"? By whom? On what grounds? Ferhani seems to be claiming victim status yet again here, and claiming that his parents have been beset by venomous "Islamophobes" since his arrest. It is highly doubtful that that has happened, and the judge or prosecutors should have rebuked this nonsense.

He promised to make something of his life once released.
"I will use this time to strengthen my mind and character," he said.

Ferhani is almost certain to be deported to Algeria after his release from jail. His citizenship applications over the years had been denied because of his past criminal history and mental health problems that included repeated hospitalizations for psychiatric disorders.

Ferhani's case has attracted attention from some civil rights advocates because of the tactics police used to reel him in. An undercover operative befriended Ferhani shortly after his release from a three-month jail term, then gradually steered him into talks about retaliating against Jews and others for the way Muslims were treated around the world. The FBI and federal prosecutors who normally join in on anti-terror investigations declined to get involved in this case. A grand jury also declined to indict him and a co-defendant on a top-level terror conspiracy charge....

After Deek railed against what she said was police misconduct in the case, Obus warned that "we are not litigating the conduct of the New York City Police Department."

And he said that Ferhani's conduct was deplorable, noting that almost any civilized person would have reacted with anger and outrage, rather than sympathy, to a proposed plot to blow up a building....

Outside the courthouse, Deek said her client only pleaded guilty to the terrorism charges because 10 years was a sentence too good to pass up. She said Ferhani probably would have gotten nine years in jail on the weapons charges, even if terrorism wasn't involved....

Indeed, ten years is a huge miscarriage of justice.
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
Yes 10 years is FAR too little.  I'm sorry that he doesn't get deported to his Jew-hating country of origin.  Seriously, why should the NYS tax payer and federal gov't have to the foot the bill for feeding, housing, and clothing this piece of garbage

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
His evil lawyer had the typical leftist attitude:

"This was, your honor, a gun crime, and not a crime of terrorism," his lawyer, Lamis Deek, told the judge.

That speaks volumes.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
His evil lawyer had the typical leftist attitude:

That speaks volumes.

Agreed Agreed Agreed

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
It would have been life without parole had he been plotting to blow up blacks or gays.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
It would have been life without parole had he been plotting to blow up blacks or gays.

Honestly, in NYS, I really think he would have gotten 25 to life.  I mean it's almost so unbelievable that you have to blink or something

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Chaim did point out that there is institutionalized anti-Semitism in NYC, as in the case of that Aztlanist gang member who plowed his car into that Satmar Chasidic young couple and ran off hardly getting charged with anything.

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
a grenade down the back of his shirt!