Author Topic: Flashback to 80s Rock  (Read 586 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Flashback to 80s Rock
« on: March 22, 2013, 03:18:20 AM »
Confederate Kahanist got me in the mood for some 'late-night' music. I am taking the day off from work tomorrow, and through the first two days of the Holiday of Passover...

I've been renting a car which has Satellite radio and have been listening to a couple of great stations. One is a 80s Rock station and the other is the Grateful Dead station.

Here are some classics, in my opinion...

The Police are definately '80s' rock...

And some classic '80s Dead'... Also with the moon theme, 'Standing on the Moon' from the 1983 album 'Touch of Grey'...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Flashback to 80s Rock
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 03:42:18 AM »
I've seen Bruce Hornsby twice, once as a solo act and once when he performed with the Dead...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 03:44:25 AM »
This tune gives me a 'flashback' to my 1984 living in Marina Del Rey and hanging out at Venice beach...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 03:46:15 AM »
Here Bruce Hornsby sings Standing on the Moon, by the Grateful Dead..