Author Topic: Murder Conviction of Slayed Rabbi Overturned  (Read 789 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Murder Conviction of Slayed Rabbi Overturned
« on: March 23, 2013, 06:11:20 PM »
The day after this guy was freed, he suffered a heart attack.  I wonder what JTFers make of this.  Can someone ask Chaim about this case on askJTF?

http://news.yahoo.com/jailed-23-years-ny-man-freed-heart-attack-175347312.html

NEW YORK (AP) — A New York City man whose murder conviction was overturned after 23 years in prison has suffered a heart attack on his second day of freedom.
David Ranta's lawyer tells The New York Times (http://nyti.ms/102uUVo ) the former inmate had a serious heart attack Friday night and is being treated at a New York hospital.
Ranta walked out of jail Thursday after a judge threw out his conviction in the 1990 killing of a Brooklyn rabbi.
Brooklyn prosecutors had recently concluded Ranta's prosecution in the death of Rabbi Chaskel Werzberger was fatally flawed.
Werzberger was killed by a bandit fleeing a botched robbery. One witness said a police lineup that helped convict Ranta had been rigged.
Ranta is 58. He told reporters Thursday that his new freedom was emotionally overwhelming.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
Re: Murder Conviction of Slayed Rabbi Overturned
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 02:39:04 AM »
I see it like this:  If the man is, indeed, innocent, then I would imagine that being set free was just so overwhelming to him as to cause a heart attack.  I can totally understand it. 

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 02:39:41 AM »
I am skeptical. This is anti-Semitism at work in our legal system.

Offline Rabbi Lipschitz

• New JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 10:46:55 PM »
 :'( May HasHem avenge Rabbi Chaskel Werzberger.
This European Nazi David Ranta  is probably guilty, bias against Jewish victims in the legal system is commonplace.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 01:38:06 PM »
Either way, guilty or innocent, he'll face God's judgment now and that will definitely be the correct verdict.