Author Topic: Only for God: Inside Hasidism Judaism (Documentary)  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Only for God: Inside Hasidism Judaism (Documentary)
« on: April 05, 2013, 12:57:38 AM »
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Only for God: Inside Hasidism Judaism (Documentary)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 01:16:01 AM »
Just started to watch it... So far it seems good...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 01:26:17 AM »
Too bad about that looser guy.... Seems like he may do teshuva some day... To me it seems idiotic to say that Hashem would strike you dead if you smoke a cigarette on Shabbat. Chassidut teaches that Hashem is patient and does not inflict punishment immediately instead waiting for the sinner to do Teshuva.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 01:32:23 AM »
I am a bit disappointed with the anti-religious slant of the video. Like those who believe are the crazy ones.. As a Jew who grew up secular I think being a religious Jew is liberating. I guess this is why those who are completely Baal Teshuvah stand where a Frum From Birth can never stand.

Though there are segments which are positive to Chassidus...

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 01:43:04 AM »
Muman this video has different people both those who came into Hassidut, those who were born into it and those who left it. It has the whole spectrum that is why it is technically a documentary and I see no slant.
 And yes the looser is a real looser. I saw his facebook, he promotes eating pork etc.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 01:59:35 AM »
Muman this video has different people both those who came into Hassidut, those who were born into it and those who left it. It has the whole spectrum that is why it is technically a documentary and I see no slant.
 And yes the looser is a real looser. I saw his facebook, he promotes eating pork etc.

I agree. After watching it all I think it is a good portrayal. The couple of Jews who dropped out seemed to me that they still may come back. I wonder why Looser keeps his Peyos and beard. If you want to leave the Chassidic life those are the first things to go.... Witness Matisyahu (who I still think made a mistake shaving his beard, etc.)...

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 09:01:09 AM »
I agree. After watching it all I think it is a good portrayal. The couple of Jews who dropped out seemed to me that they still may come back. I wonder why Looser keeps his Peyos and beard. If you want to leave the Chassidic life those are the first things to go.... Witness Matisyahu (who I still think made a mistake shaving his beard, etc.)...

He did shave it off completely now. Search him on Facebook twersky is his last name