Author Topic: Criminal thug who hit and run Hassidic couple interview.  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Criminal thug who hit and run Hassidic couple interview.
« on: April 06, 2013, 09:07:26 PM »
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Criminal thug who hit and run Hassidic couple interview.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 11:31:33 PM »
fleeing the scene of an accident is a very serious crime.

He claims he was only going 45, police claim 70.   Ok, it can be proven in court which was the fact.  If he was indeed going 70, it's clearly his fault and not just "an accident."
Also, I don't know the speed limit in that particular place that he was.  Even if it was 30 and he was going 45 as he claims, he's still at fault.

Offline Deer Man 420

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 01:05:56 AM »
Throw the book at the bastard. Let him get life with no parole

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 07:14:53 AM »
It's a sad situation... The car the guy was driving looked sort of new so the police accident investigators might be able to get some sort of event record from the cars restraint system monitor...  If the man was indeed doing 70 on a local street he really should be charged... If he was doing 45 as he said it's an entirely different picture... Let's face it the cab driver did pass the stop sign which in my opinion is far worse than driving 10 or 15 miles over the speed limit... When the guy said the cab driver came out of the intersection and he had no time to react it reminded me of a similar situation I was in... Some years back I was coming home from work and was a block or two away from the house when a lady passed a stop sign at a tee intersection which I had the right of way to... Her head was spinning back and forth so fast looking in both directions it looked like it was spinning completely around... She decided to try and beat me  through the intersection by closing her eyes flooring her car :::D By that time I was far to close to her to make much of an attempt to avoid hitting her...The results were she got out far enough to get hit just behind her driver door which spun her around in a half circle... She still had the car floored and proceeded to hit me in my driver door and bounce off several times until I managed to roll down my window and yell to her to open her eyes and shut her car off :o She had a small child in the back of her minivan that she was baby sitting that was not buckled in sitting near the spot of the initial impact... She said in her half crazed state that she was late for work and was in a hurry to drop the kid home before going in >:( Thank G-d no one was seriously hurt and her insurance company paid me for the loss of my car... Getting back to the original issue I think that once the issue goes to trial the evidence may show what actually happened.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 11:50:45 AM »
Soon this murderer will be saying, 'its da Jews fault, I was driving my car, just mindin' my own business, mmmhmm'

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 03:12:24 PM »
It's a sad situation... The car the guy was driving looked sort of new so the police accident investigators might be able to get some sort of event record from the cars restraint system monitor...  If the man was indeed doing 70 on a local street he really should be charged... If he was doing 45 as he said it's an entirely different picture...
  Not if the speed limit was 30.

Let's face it the cab driver did pass the stop sign
   That's what the criminal claims.   Is there some reason to believe him though?   It could very well be a lie.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 04:21:55 PM »
I might have had sympathy for him and said that it was an accident (even if he had been speeding) but the facts are he fled the scene and because of it was most likely drunk.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 05:43:31 PM »
Speelimit, cab running a stop etc..etc.. is all superceded by the fact that the thug fled the scene. And once someone fleas an accident- it becomes an aggravated felony.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 07:27:36 PM »
Speelimit, cab running a stop etc..etc.. is all superceded by the fact that the thug fled the scene. And once someone fleas an accident- it becomes an aggravated felony.
In the larger picture the fact that the guy left the scene will cost him very little time in jail unless they prove him guilty of causing the accident...The car that Acevedo was driving is a 2010 BMW... I am almost sure that the cars on board computer which controls the Air bag system has all the information investigators will need to prove if the guy was indeed speeding at the rate of 60 or 70 mph on local streets... A great many cars today at airbag deployment will store information like speed, if the person was stepping on the brake or gas, rate of deceleration,  some cars will even tell what position the steering wheel was pointed in... The sad fact is unless they can prove that this guy was completely reckless it will be very hard to charge him with murder... The way the guy is complaining he is getting a rough time from the system leads   me to believe that they could have the evidence needed to make the charges stick... The thing I find funny however is the fact that there has been almost no conclusive information given out after the investigation one way or the other... Whatever the outcome of the trial it should be quite interesting when some of the actual facts come to light.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 07:33:45 PM »
Really?
In California, leaving the scene of an accident in a hit and run case carried a serious offense with time in a state prison. Is this different in New York?

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 07:43:52 PM »
Really?
In California, leaving the scene of an accident in a hit and run case carried a serious offense with time in a state prison. Is this different in New York?
What sort of time? The guy did eventually turn himself in... If they give him a year in jail for something like that it would be surprising.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 08:09:22 PM »
In the larger picture the fact that the guy left the scene will cost him very little time in jail unless they prove him guilty of causing the accident...The car that Acevedo was driving is a 2010 BMW... I am almost sure that the cars on board computer which controls the Air bag system has all the information investigators will need to prove if the guy was indeed speeding at the rate of 60 or 70 mph on local streets... A great many cars today at airbag deployment will store information like speed, if the person was stepping on the brake or gas, rate of deceleration,  some cars will even tell what position the steering wheel was pointed in... The sad fact is unless they can prove that this guy was completely reckless it will be very hard to charge him with murder... The way the guy is complaining he is getting a rough time from the system leads   me to believe that they could have the evidence needed to make the charges stick... The thing I find funny however is the fact that there has been almost no conclusive information given out after the investigation one way or the other... Whatever the outcome of the trial it should be quite interesting when some of the actual facts come to light.

Next time, I be shoppin for a car, I be askin' you to come wit me.  You sure do know a lot about them cars, CJD.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 08:16:49 PM »
That's true, he did turn himself in...that would count in his favor.
In California, it depends. Because people died and he fled, I would imagine there would be some mandatory prison time. But he did turn himself in so that would be cut down in length of time.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 08:21:20 PM »

I think this should be very simple. He killed this couple and ran from the scene of the crime.  Why all these words?  There is nothing redeemable in this man's choices

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 08:45:27 PM »
Next time, I be shoppin for a car, I be askin' you to come wit me.  You sure do know a lot about them cars, CJD.
By all means... The problem is although I have had exposure to every model under the sun for more years than I care to disclose except for the more exotic brands like Rolls and the like I prefer cars like Fords and Chrysler's... Even then I like the ones with the older style engineering that can get you 3 or 4 hundred thousand miles with little or no problems... Today most people trend towards the imports that are just not as robust... They can get you a hundred thousand trouble free miles but after that get ready to open your wallet for some major repair bills... Over the years I have made it a rule to never recommend what sort of car people should buy... People should drive what they like... If they ask me about a model I will tell them what they could be in for as far as problems... It's not a popular position here on the forum however for the past 10 or 15 years in my opinion Ford has been building the best built and most reliable cars in it's various price ranges.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 08:57:39 PM »
By all means... The problem is although I have had exposure to every model under the sun for more years than I care to disclose except for the more exotic brands like Rolls and the like I prefer cars like Fords and Chrysler's... Even then I like the ones with the older style engineering that can get you 3 or 4 hundred thousand miles with little or no problems... Today most people trend towards the imports that are just not as robust... They can get you a hundred thousand trouble free miles but after that get ready to open your wallet for some major repair bills... Over the years I have made it a rule to never recommend what sort of car people should buy... People should drive what they like... If they ask me about a model I will tell them what they could be in for as far as problems... It's not a popular position here on the forum however for the past 10 or 15 years in my opinion Ford has been building the best built and most reliable cars in it's various price ranges.

Well, I hear you about the auto industry and your opinion.  I doubt any of us are old enough here to remember when labor unions were important, meaningful in that they actually stood for a living a wage, safe working conditions and having a decent life, as opposed to protecting rude incompetent employees with bad attitudes?  Maybe that's a bit too harsh

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 09:01:06 PM »
That's true, he did turn himself in...that would count in his favor.
In California, it depends. Because people died and he fled, I would imagine there would be some mandatory prison time. But he did turn himself in so that would be cut down in length of time.
If he had run people down who were on foot and not in another car it would be quite different since a pedestrian is almost always in the right... In this case  there is the actions of the other driver who may or may not have done anything wrong...  In court he will cry that he feared the police reaction to his past record and for his safety if he lingered in a neighborhood that is known to have strong reactions to situations like this...In the end this is what the court will have evaluate along with the evidence and come up with a verdict.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 09:20:39 PM »
Well, I hear you about the auto industry and your opinion.  I doubt any of us are old enough here to remember when labor unions were important, meaningful in that they actually stood for a living a wage, safe working conditions and having a decent life, as opposed to protecting rude incompetent employees with bad attitudes?  Maybe that's a bit too harsh
Unions are a problem to some extent however management that gave into their never ending demands so in the end their compensation would be upgraded in the process is equally at fault... Sadly whats happening in American industry is not good... Less and less people are being expected to do more and more for less pay and benefits... Soon the labor force that made America the envy of the world will be on the same level as a China man working for a bowl of rice over in China... Some adjustment needed to be made and in the municipal unions more so however whats happening in this country today is making it into a third world hell hole.