Author Topic: Russian anti Jewish remains low but anti qurananimal very high  (Read 551 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
 :clap: :clap:                 http://www.jta.org/news/article/2013/04/09/3123796/report-anti-semitism-attacks-rare-in-russia

Anti-Semitic attacks are rare in Russia, report finds

April 9, 2013

(JTA) -- Anti-Semitic attacks in Russia remained rare in 2011 and 2012 amid rising anti-Muslim vitriol, according to a new report by a Russian-Jewish group.

“During the reviewed period, the number of attacks of anti-Semitic character in Russia has remained relatively low,” according to the report published last week by the Euro-Asian Jewish Congress.

The report lists five physical assaults and 38 instances of anti-Semitic vandalism. The report’s authors wrote that the low level of anti-Semitic attacks correlates with an increase in anti-Muslim vitriol connected to religious tensions in the country’s South.

RIA Novosti, the Russian news service, quoted the report’s authors as saying that “anti-Muslim sentiments have fueled a renewed interest in Israel as a country combating aggressive Islam.”
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Russian anti Jewish remains low but anti qurananimal very high
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 10:30:45 AM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 12:17:07 PM »
Some great news for once  :) :dance:

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 01:44:26 PM »
I just find this very tough to believe.  However... there is one part I think is accurate:

anti-Muslim sentiments have fueled a renewed interest in Israel as a country combating aggressive Islam

Suddenly... the Israeli flag has become like a rebel flag against Islam.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 02:24:04 PM »
I just find this very tough to believe.  However... there is one part I think is accurate:

Suddenly... the Israeli flag has become like a rebel flag against Islam.

I find it hard to believe also considering I believe I recently read that antisemitism is getting worse in parts of Russia.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14