Author Topic: JTF Forum Glitches, and Crashes  (Read 11214 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
JTF Forum Glitches, and Crashes
« on: July 16, 2007, 03:25:01 PM »
It's very slow and sometimes doesn't connect???

« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 12:08:15 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
Re: JTF Forum Glitches, and Crashes
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 03:26:08 PM »
I think that the admins trying to upgrade the server .
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 03:27:22 PM »
OH .o.k. thank you
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 03:32:18 PM »
I don't think that's it because last time when the server was upgraded there was a message saying that.  This time it just said that the server is busy.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline TorahZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 03:40:52 PM »
Basically this is what's going on:
Our forum is B"H becoming bigger and more active all the time.
It has now become so big that our hosting company is unable to support us anymore.

In my opinion, JTF should look for a hosting company that will be able support our growing number of members and increased activity.

newman

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 03:47:03 PM »
We have more people comming aboard all the time. If it's choking now, we'll be stuffed in a month or two.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 03:48:04 PM »
Thanks for keeping us filled in, TorahZionist.

I also agree that if it's doing this with the current amount of activity, the forum will be unusable in a few months.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 03:56:24 PM »
Yes i thought because of the growth of the forum that might be the cause

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 03:58:44 PM »

I thought that it might either be that or a cyber-attack by Muslim e-terrorists.   :laugh:

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 03:59:49 PM »

I thought that it might either be that or a cyber-attack by Muslim e-terrorists.   :laugh:
no i don'nt think a cyber attack

Shot at 2010-01-03

newman

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 04:05:35 PM »

That could be on the cards. There's about a billion people in the world we slag off 24/7. We'd have to make 1 or 2 enemies. :laugh: :laugh:

newman

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 08:24:46 PM »
It has now become so big that our hosting company is unable to support us anymore.

In my opinion, JTF should look for a hosting company that will be able support our growing number of members and increased activity.

Is it an affirmative action problem?

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall if Chaim has do deal with schvartzas over this server? :laugh: :laugh:

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 03:25:38 PM »
I don't know if anyone else have notice this, but within the last several days I have noticed that the forum may have a glitch, has crashed and some times just shut down for several hours.  It has been frequent over the past couple of days.  Has anyone else notice this as well?
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

newman

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 03:28:09 PM »
Everybody has copped it. If they don't do something, we've had it with the forum getting busier like it is.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 04:37:46 PM »
Quote from: TorahZionist link=topic=6903.msg59517#msg59517 date=

Is it a server issue or a bandwidth issue?
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 04:45:19 PM »
It's a server issue. We have plenty of bandwidth. But our database keeps crashing. So it is a load issue on our server that only affects the forum. The main web page has been unaffected.

We are growing quickly, thank G-d, and our traffic is way up. If we become a mass movement, the problem would only get worse. So we are seeing what we can do about this.

Chaim has been on the phone with these morons repeatedly. We may have to change hosting companies.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 04:52:33 PM »
Quote from: jsullivan link=topic=6903.msg59854#msg59854 date=
It's a server issue. We have plenty of bandwidth. But our database keeps crashing. So it is a load issue on our server that only affects the forum. The main web page has been unaffected.

We are growing quickly, thank G-d, and our traffic is way up. If we become a mass movement, the problem would only get worse. So we are seeing what we can do about this.

Chaim has been on the phone with these morons repeatedly. We may have to change hosting companies.

I've worked in IT for a while and all I can say is, given what I've seen happen in this industry over the last few years, your use of the term "morons" is actually quite generous.  Good luck.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 05:04:59 PM »
I hope we'll resolve this soon...  :(
I've been inviting many new people on the forum and I hope it won't let us down again.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 06:14:34 PM »
Well here is a thought, just a thought anyways, why not some of the admins or mods like myself we look at the membership if it shows well over 8 months to a year that someone has not posted how about we remove it for space if this is the case for high volume traffic.  We look at the membership list I noticed some names are almost a year old and not one post thus far.  And if by chance whomever it is ever decides to return they can make a fresh new account.  What you think of this idea? Cause not the crashings are becoming once a day if not twice a day.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline TorahZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2007, 06:16:45 PM »
Inactive users do not use up any traffic.
Traffic is when someone accesses the forum and data is transfered.
Inactive users take up disk space, which we do not have any shortage of.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 06:20:18 PM by TorahZionist »

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 06:17:09 PM »
Well here is a thought, just a thought anyways, why not some of the admins or mods like myself we look at the membership if it shows well over 8 months to a year that someone has not posted how about we remove it for space if this is the case for high volume traffic.  We look at the membership list I noticed some names are almost a year old and not one post thus far.  And if by chance whomever it is ever decides to return they can make a fresh new account.  What you think of this idea? Cause not the crashings are becoming once a day if not twice a day.
Good idea

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2007, 07:29:53 PM »
This might be just a good idea in order to get a better reflection of the ACTUAL members who are signed up and actually use the forum. 

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2007, 09:12:59 PM »
The internet as a whole has been very slow. We may have higher usage on our forum however I have noticed an overall slowdown on the web. Even at work I have noticed the systems are not working as they should be  and I am employed by a large corporation.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2007, 09:18:54 PM »
Does it give some type of error mesage when you try to connect sometimes? It was doing that to me.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2007, 07:41:31 AM »
Yes on a white page i forgot what it says something about heavy traffic

Shot at 2010-01-03