Author Topic: Framed Baruch Goldstein picture in home?  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Flatoutkahanist

• New JTFer
Framed Baruch Goldstein picture in home?
« on: May 12, 2013, 09:43:53 PM »
Is it okay to have a framed picture of Baruch Goldstein in my home? If you have, can you post a pic of it so I can get an Idea of what to do with one?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Framed Baruch Goldstein picture in home?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 09:49:42 PM »
This is indeed a strange question from a new member...

Is this the reason you joined JTF? To ask this question?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 09:52:24 PM »
Why does it matter how you hang it,are you worshipping it?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 09:58:54 PM »
Is it okay to have a framed picture of Baruch Goldstein in my home? If you have, can you post a pic of it so I can get an Idea of what to do with one?

Yea, just don't pray in front of it or any other picture.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Flatoutkahanist

• New JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 10:17:12 PM »
Haha Muman613, that's exactly why I joined this forum. I just wanted to get a feel for some of the people on here and I'm also worried how guests at my house would feel if they saw it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 10:42:13 PM »
Haha Muman613, that's exactly why I joined this forum. I just wanted to get a feel for some of the people on here and I'm also worried how guests at my house would feel if they saw it.

It is up to you what you hang in your own home. I cannot judge how your friends and family would view such a picture. Personally I don't hang pictures of any human form on my walls. For whatever reason I have adopted a strict interpretation against having images in my home. The only pictures I have are photographs of my family.

Around here Mr Goldstein was a wise man. But of course I don't think most will condone what was done.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 10:51:01 PM »
Muslims don't have any pictures of living things, not even a picture of a flower. We don't have to be like them.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 10:59:05 PM »
If you have, can you post a pic of it so I can get an Idea of what to do with one?

lol, what?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 11:11:58 PM »
Muslims don't have any pictures of living things, not even a picture of a flower. We don't have to be like them.

It has nothing to do with muslims. It has to do with how you interpret the ten commandments.

Lo yihyeh lecha elohim acherim al-panay. Lo ta’aseh-lecha fesel vechol-temunah asher bashamayim mima’al va’asher ba’arets mitachat va’asher bamayim mitachat la’arets.Lo-tishtachaveh lahem velo ta’ovdem ki anochi Adonay Eloheycha El kana poked avon avot al-banim al-shileshim ve’al-ribe’im leson’ay. Ve’oseh chesed la’alafim le’ohavay uleshomrey mitsvotay.

You shall have no other gods besides me. You shall not carve for yourself an image, the likeness of anything in the heavens above or the earth below, or in the waters under the earth. You shall not worship them or serve them, for I the L-rd your G-d am a demanding G-d, inflicting the sins of the parents upon their children, upon the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing steadfast love to those who love me and keep my commandments.

Of course I realize that the command says not to 'carve' or create a 'graven' image of such objects. So as I said I am interpreting it according to my own understanding.

Obviously I am not saying Halacha is to not have images. But I find it hard not to create idols when you have images of things which you admire (or give some power to). When I was young I used to have images of 'Rock Stars' or favorite car models. It is hard to get rid of those kinds of idols when you have the images to remind you of the 'attraction' to that item.

Offline CorrieDeservedIt

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 11:19:18 PM »
Chaim would have a picture of Kahane in the background(qptv) is that idolatrous?

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 11:25:27 PM »
I had one back in America & hope to eventually get one here.
But I also had hanging picures of the Lubavitcher Rebbe,ZT"L,Rav Meir Kahane,ZT"L,HY"D & Meir Lansky,A"H.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 11:26:37 PM »
Chaim would have a picture of Kahane in the background(qptv) is that idolatrous?
NO! Chaim is not praying to Kahane, sometimes I think things get taken to far...
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 11:49:42 PM »
בס''ד

First of all, welcome to our forum.

Second, you can have a picture of Dr. Baruch Goldstein. Legally, you might have some problems if you praise his action at Mearat HaMachpelah. But his picture is not illegal.

Why the cold reception for a new member? When a new member joins us, we should greet him or her warmly.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 11:54:45 PM »
בס''ד

Second, you can have a picture of Dr. Baruch Goldstein. Legally, you might have some problems if you praise his action at Mearat HaMachpelah. But his picture is not illegal.

Why the cold reception for a new member? When a new member joins us, we should greet him or her warmly.

Shalom Chaim,

I am sorry for the perceived coldness. I did not intend that. But I felt that, considering the number of trolls and other 'trouble-makers' who come to the forum, that a question like this from a new member seemed suspicious. I am sure that some would like to hear you or other JTF members actively support the action which was taken by Dr Goldstein. While I think he acted properly, I am careful to make sure it is known that I do not suggest that anyone go out and take on a mission like this. It is hard enough getting the middle right wingers to accept Kahanism at all, and to think what may happen if we openly support that kind of thing. I was only thinking of these questions in my original response.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 02:36:43 AM »

Welcome to the forum.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 03:17:29 AM »
בס''ד

Actually in America you can still praise his actions without fear of or arrest,but here in Israel you could get arrested for incitement

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 03:47:20 AM »
בס''ד

You don't think it was a somewhat odd thing to ask?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 08:34:42 AM »

He wasn't praying, he was doing a tv show.
Shuls don't have pictures of people in them.   

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 08:36:01 AM »
בס''ד

I just don't understand what it means when he requests someone to take a picture of a picture, in order to show him what to do with a picture.     

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 09:14:21 AM »
Isn't he the guy who killed a bunch of sour arm-pit 'rabs in a fungus filled mosque and died doing so after his sub machine gun jammed?
You should have a statue of him.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Flatoutkahanist

• New JTFer
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 01:12:46 PM »
I assure everyone that I'm not asking this question to prove that people support Dr. Goldstein so that I can ridicule anyone. I myself have a framed photo of R' Kahane and Avraham Stern in my bedroom. I guess I came out with this question to kind of get support from people with the same views, I'm surrounded by liberals all day long. Last week I met a man at Shul who used to drive a car for Kahane and I was so happy I felt like I wasn't alone anymore. By saying "can you post a pic of it so I can get an Idea of what to do with one?" I wanted to know if you would have the picture kind of hidden from guests or simply just a small framed picture that not too many others would see. But anyway, Thank you for the welcoming Chaim Ben Pesach, I've been watching your videos on youtube. I really enjoy them!

Offline Flatoutkahanist

• New JTFer
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2013, 01:25:33 PM »
You don't think it was a somewhat odd thing to ask?

Why would you ask Chaim Ben Pesach that? Could you imagine if he responded and openly agreed with you? How do you think I would feel if the Administrator said that I asked a weird question? The Chofetz Chaim would be very disappointed in you...

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2013, 03:09:50 PM »
I assure everyone that I'm not asking this question to prove that people support Dr. Goldstein so that I can ridicule anyone. I myself have a framed photo of R' Kahane and Avraham Stern in my bedroom. I guess I came out with this question to kind of get support from people with the same views, I'm surrounded by liberals all day long. Last week I met a man at Shul who used to drive a car for Kahane and I was so happy I felt like I wasn't alone anymore. By saying "can you post a pic of it so I can get an Idea of what to do with one?" I wanted to know if you would have the picture kind of hidden from guests or simply just a small framed picture that not too many others would see. But anyway, Thank you for the welcoming Chaim Ben Pesach, I've been watching your videos on youtube. I really enjoy them!

Welcome to the forum.

Regarding your question, if it were me and I associated with people who misunderstood Kahanism, I would flaunt that I am a far right conservative and Kahanist Jew but not necessarily start arguments with anyone.  If someone outwardly was disgusted with my Kahanist conservative views, I simply answer, "Well, we will just have to disagree." 

I tend to view Baruch Goldstein as an individual who is a fallen hero.  And I notice in some homes, people who post family members who died at war.  I think it's appropriate to have a photo of Goldstein in a similar manner.  Likewise, Rabbi Kahane.

Once I acquire a home, I will have a book shelf with Jewish texts displayed.  And certainly, the two books I have of Rabbi Kahane will be displayed.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2013, 03:53:15 PM »
Lately I have had no problem talking with some of my Chabad community about Rabbi Kahane. Over the years (I have been involved for almost 10 years now) I have been working on getting more and more acceptance of the Rabbis view of the situation in Israel (among other topics Rabbi Kahane brought to the forefront) and I think I have had an impact.

Just two Shabbat's ago (Parsha Behar-Bekokutai) I had the pleasure of talking with a member of the community who is representing our interests (Jewish,Israel) in the state capital... He started talking about the issue of 'gun control' and when I asked him which side he was on he mentioned he was against 'gun control' and supported gun ownership among Jews. We have a member of our congregation who's job is to work for a local SWAT team (in one of the most crime ridden areas in the bay area). He an several others (who until now I did not know) go out to shooting ranges regularly and shoot their guns every week. I was invited to join them..