Author Topic: Torah Defense : According to the last Lubavitcher Rebbe  (Read 2052 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Torah Defense : According to the last Lubavitcher Rebbe
« on: May 22, 2013, 02:01:43 AM »
This two part video on youtube is interesting to get a perspective of how, spiritually, to view the defense of the Holy Land by the religious Jewish people...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Torah Defense : According to the last Lubavitcher Rebbe
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 02:17:39 AM »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 02:29:14 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 02:35:37 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 02:44:38 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 02:51:38 AM »
I love these videos. The Rebbe seemed to be very studious and well-read on many topics. I can relate to that because when I was younger I used to read all the computer magazines (Byte, Popular Computing, Nibble, etc.) and constantly kept up to date with the latest methods and concepts in the field. This is probably one of the reasons I am still quite advanced in the field of software engineering. I now try to use some of my cognitive abilities in the study of Torah. I did not start studying until I was 38 (Rabbi Akiva didn't start till he was 40, and he was born of converts).

Anyway, here the Rebbe talks about the Jewish nations struggle through history..

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 09:25:29 PM »
Muman,

Can you please elaborate this label of "rebbe worship" used to attack Chabad.  I notice that they are frequently accused of Rebbe worship and as a result Avodah Zara.  There is one person on YT who has "allegedly" exposing them.  What do you think?

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 09:28:41 PM »
Muman,

Can you please elaborate this label of "rebbe worship" used to attack Chabad.  I notice that they are frequently accused of Rebbe worship and as a result Avodah Zara.  There is one person on YT who has "allegedly" exposing them.  What do you think?
Exposing who?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 09:50:15 PM »
Exposing who?

Chabad.  They are accused by some of "rebbe worship"  For example, one YTer Brooklynnotqueens says Baruch ata schneerson in his videos

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 09:59:00 PM »
Chabad.  They are accused by some of "rebbe worship"  For example, one YTer Brooklynnotqueens says Baruch ata schneerson in his videos
I personally think it's  bul****t, how are we supposed to unite when we're fighting over dumb s***! Some of these great Rabbis had a spark of Messiah. If they are not praying to them, and making idols of them. Who cares!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 10:03:47 PM »
I personally think it's  bul****t, how are we supposed to unite when we're fighting over dumb s***! Some of these great Rabbis had a spark of Messiah. If they are not praying to them, and making idols of them. Who cares!

I think they do pray to the Rebbe and they have pictures of him everywhere: shrines.  Please look. I want to know your informaed opinion

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2013, 10:21:02 PM »
I think they do pray to the Rebbe and they have pictures of him everywhere: shrines.  Please look. I want to know your informaed opinion
Well, I don't go to a synagogue, because there is only a reform one in my area.  I follow Chabad and Breslov teachings online, and I haven't ever seen anything about worshipping Schneerson or Nachman...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2013, 10:44:56 PM »
I have discussed this issue many times and I don't have the time at the moment to go into it.

Indeed there are some who believe that Rebbe was Moshiach, but they are a very small minority in the Chabad organization. I have discussed this topic with my Chabad Rabbis and it is clear to me that while the Rebbe is definitely a model for all Chabad emissaries (what they call their Rabbis who set up Chabad houses around the country). I know several Chabad Rabbis and have discussed this with just about all of them, and they do not believe or teach that Rebbe was Moshiach.

I have a lot of respect for Rebbe of Lubavitch and believe he, like some of the other greats of our generation, had a spark of Moshiach.

Rebbe and Chabad have always supported the state of Israel and they are doing great work getting Jews to keep their Jewish identity, and ensuring they have the opportunity to do the mitzvot (by providing candles for Shabbat, and Matzah for Passover)....

If you would like, do a search on Messianic Chabad on this site. I am sure you will find some of my discussions of the topic.

It is sad that some people have distorted the teachings of Chabad as an organization. I do not believe that the Messhichists in Chabar represent the majority opinion on the topic. And I have also known people who were brought up in Chabad homes who say that it is a small minority who believe that the Rebbe was moshiach.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2013, 10:53:16 PM »
Rebbe said many times that the time of Moshiach was coming soon, and when he was revealed, that the world would all know who he was.

I cannot see that anyone could believe that he was Moshiach, as we know that he is only considered Moshiach once he has accomplished all the goals moshiach must accomplish. And while Rabbi Schneerson was indeed instrumental in bringing many Jews back to Torah and Mitzvot, he did not accomplish many of the other goals of the Moshiach. And thus any argument about whether he was Moshiach is countered. Of course considering the Chassidic beliefs of Gilgul (which I believe) then we believe in soul re-incarnation and soul sparks, for which it is possible Rebbe did have sparks of Moshiach's soul {But the same teaching says we all have sparks of Moshe's soul [the protype of all Jewish moshiach souls]).

Anyway, I want to clearly say that there is nothing about Chabad which teaches (at least here in California) that Rebbe was anything other than a Righteous Tzaddik, who inspired through his Torah knowledge...

http://www.chabad.org/parshah/article_cdo/aid/1153/jewish/Moses-The-Birth-of-a-Leader.htm
Says the Lubavitcher Rebbe: G-d said "Enough!" but Moses was not silenced. For Moses' challenge of the divine plan did not end with his passing from physical life. The Zohar tells us that every Jewish soul has at its core a spark of Moses' soul. So every Jew who storms the gates of heaven clamoring for redemption continues Moses' struggle against the decree of galut.

http://www.sichosinenglish.org/books/highlights-of-moshiach/06.htm
In Bilaam's prophetic vision, he states,[28] "There steps forth a star from Jacob and there arises a scepter out of Israel." Targum Onkelos notes that this "star" alludes to Moshiach. The Jerusalem Talmud,[29] however, learns that this term alludes to every Jew, inasmuch as Jews are likened to the stars. How do we reconcile these seemingly contradictory interpretations?

Actually, both meanings are correct. The star in our verse alludes to both Moshiach and to every Jew, as the Meor Aynayim[30] writes, in name of Baal Shem Tov, that within each and every Jew there is a `spark' of the soul of Moshiach. This reconciles both aforesaid interpretations. As such, every Jew today has the ability to rectify the `spark' of Moshiach within the soul, which originates from the first human being - Adam. Adam is an acrostic for: Adam (Alef), David (Daled) and Moshiach (Mem).

Since the Jerusalem Talmud makes its comment on the verse "there steps forth (a star)" and "there arises," this indicates that it is a revealed aspect: Every Jew has the power to reveal the `spark' of Moshiach within him.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2013, 11:20:02 PM »
Rebbe said many times that the time of Moshiach was coming soon, and when he was revealed, that the world would all know who he was.

I cannot see that anyone could believe that he was Moshiach, as we know that he is only considered Moshiach once he has accomplished all the goals moshiach must accomplish. And while Rabbi Schneerson was indeed instrumental in bringing many Jews back to Torah and Mitzvot, he did not accomplish many of the other goals of the Moshiach. And thus any argument about whether he was Moshiach is countered. Of course considering the Chassidic beliefs of Gilgul (which I believe) then we believe in soul re-incarnation and soul sparks, for which it is possible Rebbe did have sparks of Moshiach's soul {But the same teaching says we all have sparks of Moshe's soul [the protype of all Jewish moshiach souls]).

Anyway, I want to clearly say that there is nothing about Chabad which teaches (at least here in California) that Rebbe was anything other than a Righteous Tzaddik, who inspired through his Torah knowledge...

http://www.chabad.org/parshah/article_cdo/aid/1153/jewish/Moses-The-Birth-of-a-Leader.htm
http://www.sichosinenglish.org/books/highlights-of-moshiach/06.htm

What is the implication if we all have the sparks of the Moshiah's soul in us? Is that another personality, a part of our mission/destiny, or anything else, and how does that differ from the spark of G-d we have in us?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 11:28:23 PM »
What is the implication if we all have the sparks of the Moshiah's soul in us? Is that another personality, a part of our mission/destiny, or anything else, and how does that differ from the spark of G-d we have in us?
We all have the spark of G_d... Some have the spark of Moshiach, but can they fulfill it...

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2013, 12:05:57 AM »
We all have the spark of G_d... Some have the spark of Moshiach, but can they fulfill it...

I take it your bet is on destiny?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2013, 05:52:02 PM »
Well, I don't go to a synagogue, because there is only a reform one in my area.  I follow Chabad and Breslov teachings online, and I haven't ever seen anything about worshipping Schneerson or Nachman...

Then be aware that it's out there, stay as far away from it as you can, and you'll be fine.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2013, 10:28:40 PM »
Thank you Muman

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2013, 10:46:06 PM »
Thank you Muman

Sure, I realize that there is much concern about this. And it bothered me for some time. I called my 'modern orthodox' rabbi about it and he also confirmed what I said in this thread.

I am glad I have not met anyone who would believe that.

I do take the teachings of the Rebbe as Torah wisdom. The Rebbe wrote much about Torah topics, and Kabbalah as it was taught to him through the chain of Chassidic Rabbis of Lubavitch. Rabbi Schneerson was the last, as he had no sons, and thus Chabad continues without a leading Rabbi. Now the organization has spread across the globe, and do good deeds in order to continue the mission started by the Rebbe, to hasten the Final Redemption by bringing all Jewish souls the ability to do Mitzvot and learn Torah.