Author Topic: Why are there still Jews in Iran?  (Read 3207 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Why are there still Jews in Iran?
« on: July 18, 2007, 01:42:07 AM »
If the conflict between Israel and Iran gets much worse in the future, Israel can't be hesitant just because there are some Jews in Iran.  Apparently, they're behaving like Alan Colmes. 

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: Why are there still Jews in Iran?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 01:59:59 AM »
Just like Chaim said, these Jews are insane.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 04:10:52 AM »
Then again its their homeland.

I watched a documentory on this and it showed how these Jews were slowly being exiled and abused in Iran. They were fighting for their right to live in a land they had been in for centuries. I reckon its mere pride thats holding them back from going to Israel.

Offline whywhywhy

• Full JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 04:22:34 AM »
It is not easy to move from one country to another. Jews have been in Iran in the last 2500 years.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 05:24:33 AM »
About a million Jews left the arab muslim countries after 1948.  There's no reason why the Iranian Jews can't.  The Jews who left arab muslim countries were poor.  The ones who are still in Iran are mostly affluent.  There's no reason they can't leave, they simply don't want to.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 07:24:04 AM »
About a million Jews left the arab muslim countries after 1948.  There's no reason why the Iranian Jews can't.  The Jews who left arab muslim countries were poor.  The ones who are still in Iran are mostly affluent.  There's no reason they can't leave, they simply don't want to.

i'm sure that if you had a really really old mother or grandmother there, you would think twice before you move away.

On the same note, Jews who still in the US are also insane.  Therefore, I guess i belong in a mental institution.  ::)

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 12:54:36 PM »

I watched a documentory on this and it showed how these Jews were slowly being exiled and abused in Iran. They were fighting for their right to live in a land they had been in for centuries. I reckon its mere pride thats holding them back from going to Israel.

Perhaps your are right, Sarah. I, also, think it has to do with their families and businesses being there and language barrier. All Jews should strive to be in Israel.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Cyrizian

• Full JTFer
  • Celebrating a future without Islam :D
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 01:05:54 PM »
The truth is the Jews in Iran still have hope. They remember better days in Iran and believe in their hearts that Iran will be free again... Just as I do.
To liberate the Muslim from his religion is the best service that one can render him. -Earnest Renan
"Too long, for the honor of nations, have those Barbarians [Muslims] been permitted to trample on the sacred faith of treaties, on the rights and laws of human nature!"
-Thomas Jefferson

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 01:25:56 PM »
The truth is the Jews in Iran still have hope. They remember better days in Iran and believe in their hearts that Iran will be free again... Just as I do.

diaspora = slavery
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 03:41:42 PM »
Jeffguy:
I, also, think it has to do with their families and businesses being there and language barrier. All Jews should strive to be in Israel.

Thats just it.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 04:10:52 PM »
There should be a heavy metal song called "Jews, get out of Iran so we can nuke it". lol
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

newman

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 04:16:44 PM »
I think they are insane to have stayed there.

Putting myself in their position; If 99.9% of the Australian population wanted noachides dead and the government refused to prosecute anyone who rapes or kills a noachide.......I'd be getting the hell out of Dodge. I wouldn't stay because I've got a nice apartment and a courier run!

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 07:17:14 PM »
It should be kept in mind that in repressive countries like Iran, the act of seeking to emigrate most often results in all of one's relatives and friends being subject to persecution and prosecution.

In the former Soviet Union, a Jew who applied to emigrate immediately had his right to work cancelled, followed by a investigation process which could last indefinitely.

Just because a government publicly states that "all are free to leave here at anytime...noone is making them stay", does not mean that someone seeking to leave won't be immediately charged with "espionage", "being in possession of 'state secrets'", "insulting Islam", or any number of such trumped up persecutorial prosecutions designed to silence and intimidate.

Whenever the USSR allowed its prominent artists or scientists to travel to the West, the other family members were forbidden to accompany them...just a little reminder that their loved ones were hostages and would "pay the price" should the traveler attempt to seek asylum in another country.

Iran should be "forced" to release the entirety of its Jewish citizens to make aliyah, and at the same time the Arab world and Israel should conduct a massive "population exchange":  Arabs to the Arab countries; Jews to Israel.

In my humble opinion, the population exchange should be finalized with a signed formal treaty stating that neither the Jewish State, nor the Arab States, owe each other for past expulsions or seizure of property, and that the Arab States recognize the entire Land Of Israel as sovereign Jewish territory.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 07:29:03 PM »

No, Israel is their homeland, not Iran .
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 08:45:31 PM »
It should be kept in mind that in repressive countries like Iran, the act of seeking to emigrate most often results in all of one's relatives and friends being subject to persecution and prosecution.

In the former Soviet Union, a Jew who applied to emigrate immediately had his right to work cancelled, followed by a investigation process which could last indefinitely.

Just because a government publicly states that "all are free to leave here at anytime...noone is making them stay", does not mean that someone seeking to leave won't be immediately charged with "espionage", "being in possession of 'state secrets'", "insulting Islam", or any number of such trumped up persecutorial prosecutions designed to silence and intimidate.

Whenever the USSR allowed its prominent artists or scientists to travel to the West, the other family members were forbidden to accompany them...just a little reminder that their loved ones were hostages and would "pay the price" should the traveler attempt to seek asylum in another country.

Iran should be "forced" to release the entirety of its Jewish citizens to make aliyah, and at the same time the Arab world and Israel should conduct a massive "population exchange":  Arabs to the Arab countries; Jews to Israel.

In my humble opinion, the population exchange should be finalized with a signed formal treaty stating that neither the Jewish State, nor the Arab States, owe each other for past expulsions or seizure of property, and that the Arab States recognize the entire Land Of Israel as sovereign Jewish territory.

that sounds like a great idea...rather than reimbursing arabs for their property in ISrael..just do a population exchange.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 09:11:42 PM »
There aren't enough Jews left in arab or muslim countries to do a population exchange.  That population exchange already happened although not enough of the arab muslims left to arab countries.  Basically, it's too late. 

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 03:02:03 AM »
The Iranian Jews are insane.
I am urinating on a Koran.

newman

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 03:05:50 AM »
I think they are insane to have stayed there.

Putting myself in their position; If 99.9% of the Australian population wanted noachides dead and the government refused to prosecute anyone who rapes or kills a noachide.......I'd be getting the hell out of Dodge. I wouldn't stay because I've got a nice apartment and a courier run!

I agree with you DWI......what are they thinking?

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 09:18:09 AM »
There aren't enough Jews left in arab or muslim countries to do a population exchange.  That population exchange already happened although not enough of the arab muslims left to arab countries.  Basically, it's too late. 

Listen, if israel has to release 1000 arab muslim nazis for 1 jewish one...then i'm sure the same deal can be worked out...even if it had to be done forcefully.