Author Topic: Does anyone remember this show?  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Does anyone remember this show?
« on: June 16, 2013, 12:14:58 AM »

It looks like America of the past. The Fourth of July Parade looks so patriotic. No affirmative action people. When I think about America of the 1970's, it makes me think of 1776. It makes me think of when I was a little kid because I was born in the 1980's and America still felt the effect of the Vietnam War. My generation felt the effect because I remember when I went to kindergarten, our elementary school had kindergarten in another school in the school district because of higher enrollment in my grade. So they had to build an addition to the elementary school while I was in kindergarten so kindergarten could take place there when I was in 1st Grade. This is because of many refugees from places like Vietnam and Cambodia. Where I lived until I was 12, it was like living in a jungle in Cambodia or Laos. Blacks on the street were civilized compared to the others on the street. Now, that school district has a separate kindergarten center because the whole district has so many more students than the past. It looks like the UN in that township (If you know what I mean.). Literally people from all different countries. I read that the township has a higher population than many cities in the state including the state capital. It was a lower income area when I lived there but the whites that used to make up the majority composed a Republican majority. I guess they were patriotic and that shows that being Conservative doesn't mean you are rich. It has to due with the values. You can say that such a township is a microcosm to what all of America will be like one day.

I also remember POW and MIA flags when I was a kid. I think I could see it from the Township Building's roof if I looked out my parents' bedroom window.

Can you imagine a show like The Wonder Years now? They'd probably put a black character and try to make it biracial.

The episode made me cry. I remember seeing it in reruns when I was 12 or 13. I remember reading about it on Wikipedia once and it made me cry. The music is emotional. Does anyone know where that music comes from? Is it from the movie Fields of Dreams? They also play that music on baseball clips where players cry from happiness after winning the World Series.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Does anyone remember this show?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 03:20:43 AM »
What site did you get that from? Very interesting analysis.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 03:40:07 AM »
I got the video from YouTube.

The text below it is my original words.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 06:36:03 AM »
I remember seeing that show on tv. I always was kind of upset that he didn't end up marrying Winnie in the end. I feel sad too because I want to live in an America that was more "American" and less like it is today.  :'(

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 10:19:15 AM »
I remember seeing that show on tv. I always was kind of upset that he didn't end up marrying Winnie in the end. I feel sad too because I want to live in an America that was more "American" and less like it is today.  :'(

Why didn't he marry Winnie in the end?

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 10:33:34 AM »
The wonder years was a decent show.  Not a great one.  Just entertaining enough to hold my interest.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 10:38:08 AM »
Why didn't he marry Winnie in the end?

The writers wanted a twist.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 01:59:15 PM »
That show was on in Ireland when I was around 10. I Always watched it.
I was sad when it wasn't on anymore. Thnx for the memories.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane