Author Topic: NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden:  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden:
« on: June 17, 2013, 05:39:26 PM »
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden:
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 06:46:41 PM »
He cannot be considered a 'whistle-blower' because he defected to China. China is a country which we still have rocky relations with so there may be a question as to whether he was actually a double-agent spy...

While I support the end result of his action (that we know more about this illegal surveillance project) I don't know if I fully agree with the method he went about it. It surely seems a little suspect that he defected to China with this cache of top-secret information.

I guess I will have to wait to make up my final decision on this case.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 08:17:30 PM »
I don't know much about this and I only watched this video and DrinkingwithBob on this. About the fact that he is in China, soo what? Where else should be be at?
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 08:42:54 PM »
I don't know much about this and I only watched this video and DrinkingwithBob on this. About the fact that he is in China, soo what? Where else should be be at?

China is engaging in a major cyber-war currently against the United States. The fact that he defected to China makes it harder to consider him a whistle-blower rather than a spy. If he has handed over American technological secrets to China he is indeed a traitor to this country.

A whistle-blower goes through legal channels to expose the wrong-doing, he doesn't hand over the information to an enemy power...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/05/30/Krauthammer-Time-To-Counter-Attack-On-Chinese-Cyber-Warfare

Responding to the $300 billion worth of ideas and research and development China allegedly steals from the U.S. annually via cyber attacks, Fox News commentator Charles Krauthammer said, "The line is crossed, we are in cyber war."

He added that right now, the war is one sided: China is attacking while the U.S. is sitting back.

Because of this, we are losing intellectual property, suffering damages to our economy, and damaging our national security, because high tech weapons are being compromised.

Krauthammer says this marks the second kind of new warfare we have seen recently. He expanded:

With terrorism, we started with a passive defense, [but] after 9/11 we realized that you have to go on active defense. Here in cyber war, which is ongoing [and] we are entirely in passive mode...I think we really have to unleash the beast here, and to counter attack.

One thing I will attest to... When I ran my own website from my own servers several years ago there was a cyber-attack called 'Code Red' where virtually all attacks originated from China. I would trace all the attempts to attack my server and was not surprised that most of them came from somewhere in China.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=code-red-worm-assault-on

One week ago, at 2100 GMT, hackers tried to cripple nine of the Internet¿s 13 root domain names system (DNS) servers, machines that form the backbone of the net by linking all domain names to numerical Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. For approximately one hour, these root servers endured a bombardment of requests¿a 40 percent increase over their normal traffic¿from ¿zombie¿ machines under the hackers¿ control. Seven of the machines were completely incapacitated by the deluge, known as a distributed denial of service attack (DDoS). ¿

Had the attack lasted for more than an hour and affected more machines, the hackers may well have crashed the DNS servers¿and the Internet with them. By several accounts, it was one of the most sophisticated cyber-attacks yet. What is certain is that this assault¿now under investigation by the FBI and the White House¿probably won¿t be the last. Hackers aside, DNS servers make attractive targets for terrorists, warns President Bush¿s cyber-security advisor Richard Clarke. ¿

Little more than a year ago, the Code Red worm tried to bring down the Net in a similar DDoS attack. Hacker Carolyn Meinel dissected the worm¿s ways for Scientific American and explained how a more successful DDoS attack in the future might possibly bring manufacturing to a halt, wipe out bank records, interrupt telephone service and much worse. That story follows. ¿the Editors
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 10:02:13 PM »
I posted this on another forum .. Someone was wondering how long until Snowden is taken out by a drone strike.  However, most of this post is also relevant to the topic at hand:

A drone strike would be too high profile, especially with all the drama from the Rand Paul filibuster, that recently happen..  He most likely will be found dead in a hotel room from an apparent suicide, drug-overdose, robbery attempt gone bad, etc..  He will have assassins, government thugs, bounty hunters, mercenaries and all other loathsome types from around the globe hunting him down.  Then, with the work of the tempered media, a story will be produced to make it look as if the US government had nothing to do with it, but rather it was just some strange matter of coincidence and "convenience" that he met such an untimely fate.

I don't blame him for going to Russia or China.  Anything that makes America bad, makes the Russians and Chinese happy, even if what happens to make America look bad is the fact the American government themselves are behaving criminally.  Snowden is worth much more to the American people alive than dead.  His voice is a voice of reason and truth, shedding some light in a dark , convoluted world, immersed with lies and subjected to the propaganda and powers of a corrupt an increasingly impervious bureaucratic entity.   

He is definitely not guilty of espionage.  Going to Russia and China doesn't make him a sell-out or a spy.  Rather, they will grant him freedom to continue to voice out about the lies, corruption and unconstitutional measures being carried out by the corrupt American government.  He is not here to protect the Russian or Chinese people, he is here to protect the American people.  If nothing else, Russia and some of these South American countries will protect him to spite the American government, as any press for the American government diverts attention to these countries own violations of its citizens.
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 10:20:59 PM »
This guy seems messed up in the head.  I don't give a damn that the NSA is spying on and hacking into other countries.   That's their job!   Because those countries are doing it to us.   Unless one is a naive idiot to believe otherwise.   Meanwhile, the problem with the NSA's behavior is when, instead of spying on the muslim terrorists and on the enemy countries, they choose to deploy their resources toward spying on innocent American citizens.   That is what is wrong.    Snowden seems to have a confused moral compass where he equates everyone and has predetermined America as the villain.   

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 01:39:40 AM »
He technically did not defect to China. He went to Honk Kong, which is under Chinese rule yet maintains some autonomy, but left once he was able to get asylum in a country that does not have an extradition agreement with the US.
I personally think he should have waited to release his information as soon as he was in Ecuador or Iceland, thereby not having to flee the way he did. I have no problem with what he is doing, if anything I look forward to his next release of information. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 10:45:58 AM »
HOw about taking the time to bring justice to the murderers in Libya?  Amazing on the US government has their dibs on this guy but not on the Muslim terrorist murderers in Libya.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 11:11:00 AM »
Big shock here!  Russia is helping Snowden!  I wonder if any muslim countries are interested in housing this guy.  He is a hero, but the countries who hate us, might be interested in what he knows.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 03:26:49 PM »
This is Hashem's retribution for keeping Pollard locked up for so many Yrs. Having said that i bet Snowden will end up dead or missing in the not so distant future
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Online Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 04:54:33 PM »
I won't be suprised if Snowden does end up dead or so far off the radar that no one can find him

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 05:06:44 PM »
One thing is clear to me.... When it comes to data storage... DO NOT KEEP IMPORTANT DATA IN THE 'CLOUD'... Keep all your important documents on hard-drives on encrypted volumes. Make sure you use strong passwords to encrypt this data. Even if you have nothing to hide it will make it more difficult for anyone trying to hack your data if there is at least a layer of encryption involved.

I only keep my photographs on the cloud and do not keep my work projects there (except for some which I make public through Open source)...

The government has proven its adversarial relationship with those who did not vote for the current diktator.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 11:44:00 PM »
Snowden must have a BIG revelation to make soon from his files- since the US is literally shaking as they try to bring him back to the US.
I am really looking forward to his next leak. I see the hand of Julian in him falling off the radar in Moscow. Well played!

I agree with Mord too. Retribution for Pollard. And hopefully Snowden will be safe and sound to make his even bigger revelation. He's wiped off Obama's smirk off his face.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 06:44:45 AM »
Actually what we need is a lot more Snowdens. Unfortunately people tend to have a herd mentality and can't come to grips with the fact that "we" outnumber "them" and that if "we" really decide to fight back in numbers, "they" can't do anything about it. Case in point, people always whine and complain about paying taxes, yet everyone allows their wages to be garnished and dutifully sends any additional money owed to taxing authorities on April 15th. I often wondered what would happen if 15-20 million people just said "screw you, you're not getting any money" and did not send anything to the government.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 10:54:09 AM »
This guy seems messed up in the head.  I don't give a damn that the NSA is spying on and hacking into other countries.   That's their job!   Because those countries are doing it to us.   Unless one is a naive idiot to believe otherwise.   Meanwhile, the problem with the NSA's behavior is when, instead of spying on the muslim terrorists and on the enemy countries, they choose to deploy their resources toward spying on innocent American citizens.   That is what is wrong.    Snowden seems to have a confused moral compass where he equates everyone and has predetermined America as the villain.
This is not the America of yesteryear. The "America" of 2013 is indeed the villain. What morally separates the US today from Russia or China? Not a whole heck of a lot.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 10:59:02 AM »
This is not the America of yesteryear. The "America" of 2013 is indeed the villain. What morally separates the US today from Russia or China? Not a whole heck of a lot.
You're right, and no one cares. When you tell people what's going on, it's like talking to a brick wall.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 11:06:42 AM »
I just heard that Putin has Snowden, and he will not send him back to the U.S.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 01:13:56 AM »
I just heard that Putin has Snowden, and he will not send him back to the U.S.

Correct, Putin sounded off a loud NYET to that!

I don't understand what Obama does not understand. It's as if he's clueless or delusional into thinking the world will bow down to his demands. I mean, if a Russian dissident defected to the US and revealed sensitive information about Russia, America would NOT return him. So why is the US so touchy feeling about it. America has kept Alexander Poteyev, who blew the cover of many Russian agents... Russia convicted him and yet he is free in the US. Similar situation.

AND America protects and shields Chechen rebels who are not being extradited back to the Russian Federation. WHY would Putin return Snowden?

Why does the US think they can keep wanted Russians and give them asylum and yet act like Putin or anyone else has to obey their requests to return Snowden? It's arrogant. If Obama wants to do damage control, rather than make himself look like a fool about this, his administration should focus on fixing the issues that Snowden is exposing.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 01:40:05 AM »
If there is anything we can learn from Putin, it's that Israel should not bow down to Barack Hussein Obama either.

Goyim are normal so Putin does not bow down to Obama. We know how Jews are nuts, especially those that run Israel.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 02:12:16 AM »
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2013, 04:01:43 AM »
The only "crime" that Snowden is guilty of is embarrassing the criminal U.S. government. He is a national hero! Parks, schools and special buildings should be named after him. A holiday should be created in his honor.

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2013, 07:22:40 AM »
Great that Putin won't hand him over to the criminal US gouvernment if you ask me!
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''