Author Topic: White Woman With A Tan Apologizes For Using The N Word.  (Read 7082 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: White Woman With A Tan Apologizes For Using The N Word.
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2013, 10:05:06 PM »
I could never stand this woman. She was no southern belle either. She was a loud mouth stereotype of the South. Cooking with BARS of butter, which is sick. And all along she had diabetes and didn't say anything- but continued to give out her butter laced recipes.
I am not surprised that she's a racist.
At least she didn't use trans fats like Crisco which are infinitely worse.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2013, 10:08:07 PM »
In this kind of situation apologies never get you any credit and they don't help. She needs to say "I had a gun pointed at my head and I called the person a name. There's no comparison there." She's being more demonized than the one who pulled a gun on her.
She did admit to part of what the lawsuit claims--that she fantasized about hiring only black waiters for a big catering event (the lawsuit claims that she stated that she wanted to hire a bunch of n-words and dress them up like slaves). If she really did say such a thing, it was terrible. But as all have said, black celebrities say things that bad and worse every single day and are never called on it.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2013, 10:09:30 PM »
Like I said, I don't care for her. You don't have to agree with me. I just don't like that woman.
I was never a big fan of hers, but I am curious IH--what exactly do you mean by you just don't like her? Who do you like?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2013, 10:26:11 PM »
She did admit to part of what the lawsuit claims--that she fantasized about hiring only black waiters for a big catering event (the lawsuit claims that she stated that she wanted to hire a bunch of n-words and dress them up like slaves). If she really did say such a thing, it was terrible. But as all have said, black celebrities say things that bad and worse every single day and are never called on it.

It was probably said half tongue in cheek anyway. And besides, worst case scenario, what if she had actually pulled the event off? Would it be kind of racist? Perhaps, but almost nobody would object to say, a luau themed wedding (which borrows off Polynesian culture and puts a white twist on it) or an anime themed wedding which is a take off of Japanese culture (one of my white friends had a wedding that was anime themed, with mostly white guests, although I didn't attend I saw the pictures). So, again let's go back to the slave themed wedding. What would have happened? Would the staff be abused with whips and chains and denied payment for their work? No, they would have been hired actors who would have been making money creating a "theme" wedding. They wouldn't have actually been slaves. Perhaps it should be considered in bad taste (it wouldn't be something I would particularly enjoy) but it wouldn't be abusive either.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2013, 10:31:23 PM »
It was probably said half tongue in cheek anyway. And besides, worst case scenario, what if she had actually pulled the event off? Would it be kind of racist? Perhaps, but almost nobody would object to say, a luau themed wedding (which borrows off Polynesian culture and puts a white twist on it) or an anime themed wedding which is a take off of Japanese culture (one of my white friends had a wedding that was anime themed, with mostly white guests, although I didn't attend I saw the pictures). So, again let's go back to the slave themed wedding. What would have happened? Would the staff be abused with whips and chains and denied payment for their work? No, they would have been hired actors who would have been making money creating a "theme" wedding. They wouldn't have actually been slaves. Perhaps it should be considered in bad taste (it wouldn't be something I would particularly enjoy) but it wouldn't be abusive either.

Who would care if they held a Nazi themed wedding where everyone dressed in SS uniforms and Jews walked around serving drinks and getting gassed....
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2013, 10:40:51 PM »
Who would care if they held a Nazi themed wedding where everyone dressed in SS uniforms and Jews walked around serving drinks and getting gassed....

That's a whole different level of horrible Muman. Nobody was talking about a theme where a certain race or ethnicity gets slaughtered. The descendants of slaves today are much better off than the descendants of those left in Africa. The descendants of Holocaust victims were either never born because their parents were murdered (there should be a lot more Jews in the world today than there is), or have nothing but emotional scars and mourning to show for it.  Slaves were sometimes murdered/abused/raped, but this wasn't a daily reality for every slave either. Nobody in a concentration camp had a good day at work. Slaves were treated as inferior people subject to their so-called betters, which was, of course, wrong. People in concentration camps were treated as if they weren't even people at all and were treated as completely disposable.

It's a completely different depraved level of evil to want a Nazi-themed wedding.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2013, 10:54:50 PM »
That's a whole different level of horrible Muman. Nobody was talking about a theme where a certain race or ethnicity gets slaughtered. The descendants of slaves today are much better off than the descendants of those left in Africa. The descendants of Holocaust victims were either never born because their parents were murdered (there should be a lot more Jews in the world today than there is), or have nothing but emotional scars and mourning to show for it.  Slaves were sometimes murdered/abused/raped, but this wasn't a daily reality for every slave either. Nobody in a concentration camp had a good day at work. Slaves were treated as inferior people subject to their so-called betters, which was, of course, wrong. People in concentration camps were treated as if they weren't even people at all and were treated as completely disposable.

It's a completely different depraved level of evil to want a Nazi-themed wedding.

I am not comparing the two.... But in a way it was completely wrong to discuss such an event before people who could take it the wrong way.

I feel bad for the woman because she is being singled out for this. I hope that I never become a famous personality otherwise all the things I said about some people would come out...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2013, 11:33:17 PM »
I was never a big fan of hers, but I am curious IH--what exactly do you mean by you just don't like her? Who do you like?

I just never really liked her personally. Neither do I like Rachel Ray (I know, I know- I may be just a distasteful person if I don't like people). I just never liked their style. Unlike them, I like other chefs on the Food Network. I like Gordon Ramsay who is not on the Food network, even if he's always yelling at people. And I like the blond lady chef who has her cooking show on the Food Network, I can't recall her name at the moment. I like Iron Chef America and my favorite chef there is Morimoto.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2013, 12:00:44 AM »
I don't know anything about the Food Network.

I've heard of Rachael Ray. I think I first heard of her from seeing her name on the JTF Forum though.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2013, 11:02:07 AM »
I'm not a particular fan of Paula Deen although some of her recipes are good. She's always seemed like she was really left wing to me. I don't think she should be fired though. My favorite show when I was watching the Food Network was Iron Chef. I thought it was funny when that flamboyant guy on there took a big bite of the bell pepper.  :::D I also liked that show called Semi Homemade.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2013, 11:13:21 AM »
I am not comparing the two.... But in a way it was completely wrong to discuss such an event before people who could take it the wrong way.

I feel bad for the woman because she is being singled out for this. I hope that I never become a famous personality otherwise all the things I said about some people would come out...

Yes they would tell you how terrible you are for not loving Islam and seeing how peaceful it is, and they wouldn't even care that you really aren't a racist at all (at least from what I can tell) or that you have black Jewish friends. Just the fact that you don't celebrate everything evil and depraved in this would would be enough to label you as a so-called racist.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2013, 04:25:36 PM »
Only a total ogre doesn't like Rachael Ray! She's awesome!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2013, 04:30:24 PM »
Only a total ogre doesn't like Rachael Ray! She's awesome!

You forgive her for the "Kefiyah Kerfuffle"?

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/05/28/the-keffiyeh-kerfuffle/

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2013, 12:45:45 AM »
You forgive her for the "Kefiyah Kerfuffle"?

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/05/28/the-keffiyeh-kerfuffle/

No I have not. She looked like a fool wearing the kefiyah.