Author Topic: Do Muslims have a prayer time in the middle of the night?  (Read 871 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Do Muslims have a prayer time in the middle of the night?
« on: June 28, 2013, 02:22:10 PM »
I was just curious about something. Some time between 2am and 7am, the Muslims at my store get together and "pray". I know they apparently have 5 set times to pray during the day but I would think most of them would be asleep around this time. So why are they praying then? Are they just using that as an excuse to goof off or they really have a prayer time then? Are they switching it out maybe for some day time prayer they would normally do since night shift workers have to sleep in the day time?

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Do Muslims have a prayer time in the middle of the night?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 03:16:16 PM »
I am guessing it's a substitute for a prayer they will miss when they go to sleep after night shift.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 03:45:11 PM »
Nothing about qurananimals could be considered prayer in the human sense.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 03:49:25 PM »
The Jewish morning prayer can be said just before sunrise, and during this season sunrise occurs between 4-5 AM in the morning.

Our current Zmamim (Halachic Times) are :

Alot Hashachar (dawn)               4:07 AM
Earliest Tallit and Tefillin        4:44 AM
Netz Hachamah (sunrise)             5:48 AM
Latest Shema                        9:30 AM
Zman Tefillah                      10:44 AM
Chatzot (midday)                    1:12 PM
Minchah Gedolah (earliest Minchah)  1:49 PM
Minchah Ketanah                     5:31 PM
Plag Haminchah                      7:03 PM
Shkiah (sunset)                     8:36 PM
Tzeit Hakochovim (nightfall)        9:14 PM
Chatzot (midnight)                  1:12 AM
Sha'ah Zemanit (proportional hour) 74:00 min.

Sachrit should be said just as the sun is dawning.... But I do not do so, and I am lucky I can say Shema before 9:30...

The following should encourage me to daven earlier in the morning (though I am tired from getting home from work at 10PM and not getting to sleep till 12)...

http://www.torah.org/learning/maharal/p2m18part2.html

According to Abaye and Rebbe Chaninah [the prayer of one who doesn't pray] with the glimmer of sunrise [is considered a fixed activity], for he doesn't pray at the primary time, which is considered the best way to perform the Mitzvah. One who prays earlier than the best time indicates his desire to relieve himself of the burden of prayer ("let's get it over with") making it an even more serious form of being a "fixed activity."

(Halachically, the ideal time for the morning prayers is to recite Kriyath Shma a few minutes before sunrise, and begin the Shmoneh Esrei exactly with sunrise. This is what is known as "k'vathikin," or to "daven with hei'neitz hachamah." The latest time for saying Kriyath Shma is before one quarter of the day has passed. The latest time for saying Shmoneh Esrei is before one third of the day has passed. Praying Shmoneh Esrei earlier than sunrise is considered "b'dieved," only to be done when there is no choice. The Maharal is explaining that one who prays before sunrise when other options are available is probably doing it because praying later is inconvenient -- indicating that prayer is a burden to him.)

Because one of the intentions of Rebbe Shimon (the author of this Mishna) was to teach about prayer, he taught us the true nature of prayer, which is that it should be in the form of an appeal and beseeching G-d.

LaHavdil I am not suggesting that islamic prayer is equal to Jewish prayer... I have no idea what they pray about or for (aside from slitting some throat)..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 05:31:01 PM »
According to Islam, they are right. The mosques in Israel blast their loud call to prayer in the middle of the night. I'm guessing they make the noise at the same time a rooster would make a noise in the morning. The mosques in Israel disturb Jews in the middle of the night. It's really annoying when you hear coming from the Temple Mount while we are below at the Kotel.

I remember once I yelled the Shema during Sivuv Shearim around the Temple Mount gates for Erev Rosh Chodesh when I could hear them saying Allahu Akbar from the windows of the buildings in the "Muslim Quarter".

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 06:00:21 PM »
Nothing about qurananimals could be considered prayer in the human sense.

Yes!
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Mein Koran

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 06:04:03 PM »
Yes they do, it's called fajr prayer and it's one of the five daily obligatory prayers. In the summer it is prayed around 4:30 in the morning
Islam is retarded - Geert Wilders, peace be upon him

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 06:04:53 PM »
They have to pray 5 times a day.  I don't think it matters when they do it.

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 06:08:23 PM »
Probly they just agreed something, to come together and do there stupid thing....
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 11:57:53 PM »
I was just curious about something. Some time between 2am and 7am, the Muslims at my store get together and "pray". I know they apparently have 5 set times to pray during the day but I would think most of them would be asleep around this time. So why are they praying then? Are they just using that as an excuse to goof off or they really have a prayer time then? Are they switching it out maybe for some day time prayer they would normally do since night shift workers have to sleep in the day time?

http://www.westernfreepress.com/2012/11/29/do-muslims-curse-christians-and-jews-in-daily-prayers/

Muslims curse Jews and Christians 25+ times a day if they are doing their prayers to Satan correctly

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 01:18:33 AM »

Their sabbath is friday. Those late hours between 2am and 7am are their "fagr" prayers. They do that everyday.
My mother side of the family does this, not my dad.

P.S. don't let a muslim try to hand you a quran or "teach" you history. 

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 09:04:34 AM »
Their sabbath is friday. Those late hours between 2am and 7am are their "fagr" prayers. They do that everyday.
My mother side of the family does this, not my dad.

P.S. don't let a muslim try to hand you a quran or "teach" you history.

You have Muslim family members and are on an anti-Islam forum?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2013, 09:14:47 AM »
Thank you guys for the information.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2013, 10:12:23 AM »

Unfortunately yes.
my story is on the Ask board. 

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2013, 02:34:08 PM »

So what?   Families can't have disagreements?