Author Topic: Illegal Immigration Bill - Why is it bad?  (Read 584 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Illegal Immigration Bill - Why is it bad?
« on: June 28, 2013, 08:21:58 PM »
Every day we are being inundated with people coming to this country seeking a 'free lunch'. I am the first to state that I believe that immigration is important to this country, assuming the immigration is legal (according to the law of the land). But we cannot have people who just want to come into the country so that they can collect the benefits which hard-working American citizens have invested their lives into. It is not fair, and it is not in the best interest of the economy of the country. The argument that 'cheap labor' is needed is ridiculous, what is needed is a sustainable economy which supports those citizens who want to work.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Illegal Immigration Bill - Why is it bad?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 07:35:35 AM »
I'd actually like to see a moratorium on immigration until we can get the current problem under control. Then I'd like to see the USA be more selective about the immigrants it allows to come into the country.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 09:05:52 PM »
The biggest issue with illegal immigration is the fact the Dream act states that this supposedly is going to give them a path to citizenship while we are being told "if the person has a clean record and no criminal past, they can be a part of this nation". I have several issues regarding that, the biggest issue is that for an illegal alien to have come into this country, they would have either had to

A) Cross the border illegally hence violating our laws

B) Overstayed a visa, which is also violating our laws.

Anyone who has come to this nation even if they are out of status can do a adjustment of status legally but they have to pay fees as is, this basically rewards illegal aliens for criminal behavior by automatically granting them a green card and a path to citizenship which is wrong.

What about many legal aliens or people who have filed for visas and are waiting for years to be accepted? Those who have paid their dues, have learned English or are already paying taxes legally?

The issue with illegal immigration is that there is no legal way for that individual to work unless they are

A) Working under the table since they would have to file for work authorization and that is not possible unless your undergoing a adjustment of status

B) Working with fraudulent documents or stolen documents which impacts the individual who's identity was stolen.

This law is backwards in every possible way, I cannot imagine any nation in the world allowing this to happen.

We're told it's not possible to deport all 11 million illegal immigrants but yet we're told it's possible for public benefits to be issued to every individual who has come here illegally. It's true we can't physically deport 11 million illegal immigrants in a day, but there are other things that can be done. We can enforce current laws against employing someone without a social security number, companies caught employing illegal aliens would be heavily fined and executives face possible jail time for violation, prevent issuing benefits to someone without social security or citizenship, that would clean up a lot of the issues.

I don't have problems with tourists who want to come here, but the main reason illegal aliens come here is to break the law hence why they are illegal, that in it's self would cut down on illegal immigrants.

The people who are already here legally, I don't have an issue with.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 10:29:35 PM »
Some Mexicans happen to believe the border crossed them. I wish it would stay still. Stop the border!
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 10:32:51 PM »
A lot of them think this is still their land even though they lost it!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 10:58:53 PM »
I have one good Mexican friend who is a conservative, and now a Zionist. Although he is Mormon, he has not attempted to proselytize me. He is hard working, starting his own business, and a good friend to talk with and he also is pretty handy...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 11:07:00 PM »
I have one good Mexican friend who is a conservative, and now a Zionist. Although he is Mormon, he has not attempted to proselytize me. He is hard working, starting his own business, and a good friend to talk with and he also is pretty handy...
I have a lot of decent legal Hispanic friends. Your friend is probably not illegal right? I have noticed a lot of Mormons seem to be Zionists...
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 11:08:15 PM »
I have a lot of decent legal Hispanic friends. Your friend is probably not illegal right?

I believe he is now a legal citizen. He came to America in the 80s I believe.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 11:13:31 PM »
I believe he is now a legal citizen. He came to America in the 80s I believe.
He came to America the right way, if he came in the 80's, probably.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 03:43:15 PM by אפרים בן נח »