Author Topic: Magic Johnson  (Read 839 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Magic Johnson
« on: July 02, 2013, 11:30:50 PM »
I heard some garbage about Michael Jordan and sex on TV so it made me decide to look up his fellow former NBA player, the AIDS infected Magic Johnson. It says his wife was pregnant from him at the same time he announced he has AIDS and neither she nor the baby had it. How is that possible? I was wondering if she had it and how they could stay married.

Also, their son is now homosexual and they support it. He said he knew his son was even before he "came out". He said he knew it so he "had the talk" when his son was only 13. I guess he learned nothing from AIDS.

He should talk against the life styles that cause AIDS if he is serious about being a spokesman on preventing it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Magic Johnson
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 12:06:44 AM »
I am not any kind of Basketball fan but I remember the Celtics in the 80s had a run of champoinship wins... I remember Bill Walton who happened to also be a vocal DeadHead at the time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_celtics

In 1985, the Lakers and Celtics met again, but this time the Lakers took the championship.[49] This was the first time the Lakers had defeated the Celtics for a championship, as well as the only time that the Celtics lost a championship at Boston Garden. During the following off-season the Celtics acquired Bill Walton from the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for Cedric Maxwell.[50] Walton was a big star with the Portland Trail Blazers, but injuries had kept him from living up to expectations. He was willing to come off the bench, deferring to the three big men already with the team. Walton, considered the best passer of all NBA centers in history, stayed healthy and was a big part of the Celtics' success in 1986.

In 1985–86 the Celtics fielded one of the best teams in NBA history. The 1986 Celtics won 67 games, going 40–1 at the Boston Garden. Bird won his third consecutive MVP award and Walton won the Sixth Man of the Year Award. They won the franchise's 16th championship and last of the 20th century, defeating the Houston Rockets in the NBA Finals 4 games to 2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Walton#Later_career

Walton spent more time on the disabled list than on the court with his hometown San Diego Clippers. He only played 14 games for the Clippers during the 1979-80 season before missing all of the next two seasons, undergoing several reconstructive surgeries on his injured foot. After going through extensive rehabilitation, Walton's foot began to improve; after playing only 14 games from 1979-82, he played 33 games in 1982-83, 55 games in 1983-84, and a then-career high 67 in 1984-85. After the 1984–85 campaign, Walton called on two of the league's premier teams, the Boston Celtics and the Los Angeles Lakers. After several players on the Celtics said they liked the idea of having Walton as a teammate backing up Robert Parish and Kevin McHale, Red Auerbach made the deal happen. One anecdote that particularly illustrates Walton's decision to choose the Celtics over the Lakers involves Larry Bird, who happened to be in Auerbach's office when Walton called. Bird said that if Walton felt healthy enough to play that it was good enough for him, as opposed to Lakers GM Jerry West, who was hedging his interest in Walton pending a doctor's report. Boston acquired Walton by sending popular forward Cedric Maxwell to the Clippers along with a first-round draft pick. Providing a reliable backup to McHale and Parish, Walton played in a career-high 80 games and received the NBA Sixth Man Award that season en route to the NBA Championship, becoming the only player to have ever won an NBA Finals MVP, Sixth Man Award, and regular season MVP.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 01:15:06 AM »
I heard some garbage about Michael Jordan and sex on TV so it made me decide to look up his fellow former NBA player, the AIDS infected Magic Johnson. It says his wife was pregnant from him at the same time he announced he has AIDS and neither she nor the baby had it. How is that possible? I was wondering if she had it and how they could stay married.

Also, their son is now homosexual and they support it. He said he knew his son was even before he "came out". He said he knew it so he "had the talk" when his son was only 13. I guess he learned nothing from AIDS.

He should talk against the life styles that cause AIDS if he is serious about being a spokesman on preventing it.

He has HIV, which is a retro-virus, which by all legitimate accounts, do nothing. I think that AIDS and HIV are different.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 01:30:09 AM »
He has HIV, which is a retro-virus, which by all legitimate accounts, do nothing. I think that AIDS and HIV are different.

If he had AIDS he would have been dead by now.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 02:37:05 AM »
But what about the fact that his wife and kids didn't catch it from him?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 05:28:10 AM »
Magic Johnson may have a rare mutation that prevents the HIV virus from killing T cells.

But then again, those may not be his own kids.  Instead of Leroy Johnson, his kids might be Leroy brown, Leroy smith, and Leroy yabbadabbadoo
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 07:52:35 AM »
If he had AIDS he would have been dead by now.

True He's been HIV positive for over 20 years now. I am surprised he isn't dead now.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline ChaimBenMordechai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 09:26:51 AM »
I am not any kind of Basketball fan but I remember the Celtics in the 80s had a run of champoinship wins... I remember Bill Walton who happened to also be a vocal DeadHead at the time:

Why are we talking about this Communist terrorist supporter?

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 10:01:21 AM »
He may have butt someone else AFTER he had kids.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774