Author Topic: Is there a Turkish influence in "Palestinian" Arabic?  (Read 320 times)

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
Is there a Turkish influence in "Palestinian" Arabic?
« on: July 10, 2013, 01:54:39 PM »
How come the "Palestinians" who paint their whole history as perpetual victims have no traces of the languages of who they were "occupied" by like the rest of Arabs and other societies? For example, there is still French speakers in N. Africa and Lebanon everywhere but you never hear of the Arabs in "Palestine" having a Turkish, English, or Latin influence on their language. I'm not sure if I'm wording this right but it is a genuine thought I had the other day...

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Is there a Turkish influence in "Palestinian" Arabic?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 04:40:47 PM »
They pretend to be occupied by Israel. Of course they arrived mostly when the Ottomans and British ruled Israel. The first Arabs arrived during the Byzantine Era and then the Arabs themselves became the occupiers although the country was very sparsely populated until the Jews started coming back in the 1800's. So the Fakies obviously weren't invented yet. Most of them can trace their origins to Egypt. All the garbage comes to Israel from Egypt, even today.