Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 402 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Senior JTFer
Shalom
« on: July 10, 2013, 12:43:34 PM »
Shalom
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 09:23:43 PM by Dan Ben Noah »
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Obama hails Ramadan as a symbol of compassion for other faiths
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 01:32:25 PM »
The devil is so merciful. Obongo can't possibly be a muslim pig.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 01:38:12 PM »
Here is what the not-so-holy Quran teaches about the "sacred month" of Ramadan:

Quran 9:5 And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

Here is what the Quranimal-in-Chief wants us to believe about Ramadan:

http://news.investors.com/politics-andrew-malcolm/071013-663115-obama-marks-ramadan-sends-best-wishes-to-15-billion-muslims.htm

President Obama's statement on Ramadan

With the start of the sacred month of Ramadan, Michelle and I extend our best wishes to Muslim communities here in the United States and around the world.

For the world’s 1.5 billion Muslims, Ramadan is a time for thoughtful reflection, fasting and devotion.

It is also an opportunity for family and friends to come together and celebrate the principles that bind people of different faiths — a commitment to peace, justice, equality and compassion towards our fellow human beings. These bonds are far stronger than the differences that too often drive us apart.

This month also reminds us that freedom, dignity and opportunity are the undeniable rights of all mankind. We reflect on these universal values at a time when many citizens across the Middle East and North Africa continue to strive for these basic rights and as millions of refugees mark Ramadan far from their homes.

The United States stands with those who are working to build a world where all people can write their own future and practice their faith freely, without fear of violence.

In the United States, Ramadan is a reminder that millions of Muslim Americans enrich our nation each day—serving in our government, leading scientific breakthroughs, generating jobs and caring for our neighbors in need.

I have been honored to host an iftar dinner at the White House each of the past four years, and this year I look forward to welcoming Muslim Americans who are contributing to our country as entrepreneurs, activists and artists.

I wish Muslims across America and around the world a month blessed with the joys of family, peace and understanding. Ramadan Kareem. ####

enough said..And please I have not heard of one "Islamic" contribution to American science . What are these Job openings he is talking about. Terrorist training camps?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 03:11:58 PM »
Barf....

It is SOOO obvious that this madman in the whitehouse is a muslim pig... At least he knows when Ramadan is, he didn't even have his Chanukah celebration during the holiday...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 03:17:45 PM »
Barf....

It is SOOO obvious that this madman in the whitehouse is a muslim pig... At least he knows when Ramadan is, he didn't even have his Chanukah celebration during the holiday...

I guess because he thinks it's part of the "X-mas season".

I remember when Ramadan began in December at the end of Hanukkah and it was also around X-mas and the Liberals in Haifa hosted a "festival of holidays" for all 3 religions. They still have such a festival at expense of Jewish taxpayers.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 03:23:07 PM »
Haifa Jews Demand 'Equal Holiday Rights' for Hanukkah

Jewish residents of Haifa complained that the city broke its usual “holiday status quo” , showing more favor to another winter holiday.

By David Lev
First Publish: 12/10/2012, 3:58 AM

Haifa has long used the “holiday season” to promote itself as a destination for tourists, both from Israel and abroad. For Haifa, that has meant using the symbols of the season's Jewish holiday, Hanukkah, to attract Jews from Israel and abroad, and the symbols of the season's Christian holiday, such as the Christmas tree, to attract tourists of that faith, mostly from abroad, but also including Russian and Arab Christians living in the area.

This year, however, a number of Jewish residents complained that the city broke its usual “status quo.” Hannukah menorahs were nowhere to be found, the residents said, while Christmas trees were ubiquitous. Outraged Jewish residents of Haifa sent petitions and embarked on phone campaigns, demanding that their holiday be given equal billing with the Christian one.

The issue was serious enough for Haifa Deputy Mayor Shai Blumenthal, a member of the Bayit Yehudi party, to lend his name to the cause in an appeal to Haifa Mayor Yona Yahav for action. Blumenthal was joined by city council member Aryeh Blithenthal (United Torah Jewry), who called for equal holiday representation for Jews.

Eventually the appeals and protests had an impact. While the Christmas trees are still plentiful, more Hanukkah decorations were seen on streets over the weekend. And, several large menorahs have been set up around town, the largest being at the city's Chabad House.