Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Full JTFer
Shalom
« on: July 10, 2013, 01:16:52 PM »
Shalom
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 09:23:04 PM by Dan Ben Noah »
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
Re: A look at today's professional educators in America
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 01:35:36 PM »
Dan you is a raicst you need to be more multicultural and openminded theys only be dancing

:::D :::D :::D

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 02:18:15 PM »
This video is so uncool, I think every school child should watch it and maybe he would realize how uncool rap music is.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 05:01:05 PM »
This video is so uncool, I think every school child should watch it and maybe he would realize how uncool rap music is.

Obviously it has nothing to do with the 'music' and everything to do with the 'lyrics'. I can show you obscene and mysogynistic rock music also, and of course that doesn't mean all rock music is obscene.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 05:57:32 PM »
Obviously it has nothing to do with the 'music' and everything to do with the 'lyrics'. I can show you obscene and mysogynistic rock music also, and of course that doesn't mean all rock music is obscene.
With rap it's not just a few rotten apples, the entire subculture is rotten to the core. The common motifs there are sex and violence, racial hatred, and lawlessness. It is also a very crude and inferior type of art, both the lyrics and the sound.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 06:21:31 PM »
With rap it's not just a few rotten apples, the entire subculture is rotten to the core. The common motifs there are sex and violence, racial hatred, and lawlessness. It is also a very crude and inferior type of art, both the lyrics and the sound.

Again you are talking about a genre of 'rap' music called 'gansta rap'. Not all 'hip hop' has such negative motifs. I have posted several examples of 'hip hop' music with a positive and Jewish message.

Of course all music is subject to taste and I cannot even suggest that everyone would find this kind of music musical. But on a side note I find 'classical music' and 'opera' to be unlistenable..

It is also a very crude and inferior type of art, both the lyrics and the sound.
ACCORDING TO YOUR OPINION...

There is a lot of so-called art which a lot of people like which I think is total garbage... Again art is in the eye of the beholder. My father always said that 'The Beatles' was junk music, rough and unintelligent...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 04:39:15 AM »
Again you are talking about a genre of 'rap' music called 'gansta rap'. Not all 'hip hop' has such negative motifs. I have posted several examples of 'hip hop' music with a positive and Jewish message.
I am talking about mainstream rap. 2pac, 50 cents, Snoop Dog, Eminem et al aren't they misogynistic, promoting violence, promiscuity, drugs and racial hatred ?

I didn't say all hip hop music is trash. I specifically said rap "music".
Of course all music is subject to taste and I cannot even suggest that everyone would find this kind of music musical. But on a side note I find 'classical music' and 'opera' to be unlistenable..

ACCORDING TO YOUR OPINION...

There is a lot of so-called art which a lot of people like which I think is total garbage... Again art is in the eye of the beholder. My father always said that 'The Beatles' was junk music, rough and unintelligent...
I also don't like Opera and allot of the classical I find boring but I can't say there is no sophisticated music in there. It takes talent to write good music and lyrics. You can't just voomit words and thump on base and beat box and call it high grade music.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 03:17:57 PM »
I am talking about mainstream rap. 2pac, 50 cents, Snoop Dog, Eminem et al aren't they misogynistic, promoting violence, promiscuity, drugs and racial hatred ?

I didn't say all hip hop music is trash. I specifically said rap "music".I also don't like Opera and allot of the classical I find boring but I can't say there is no sophisticated music in there. It takes talent to write good music and lyrics. You can't just voomit words and thump on base and beat box and call it high grade music.

Agreed on all counts. I railed heavily against 'gangsta rap' in the early 90s when it first reared its ugly head. There are still conversations in the USENET groups where I was accused of being 'racist' for not accepting that crap. I still stand against that genre of hip hop... It is socially disgusting and detrimental to the culture it purports to represent.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 08:04:29 PM »
Zelhar is absolutely right about mainstream rap. There is Christian and Jewish rap that has a wholesome message but it is not what radio stations are playing and kids are listening to.