Author Topic: New Chief Rabbis Elected  (Read 694 times)

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
New Chief Rabbis Elected
« on: July 24, 2013, 01:12:26 PM »
Rabbi David Lau & Rabbi Yitzchak Yosef aare the 2 new chief rabbis.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: New Chief Rabbis Elected
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 01:19:44 PM »
  Would have been happier with Rabbi Yaakov Shapira & Rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu though. But its not a big deal. The position is not that serious and really doesn't have much say for what I do or dont do.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 01:22:58 PM »
  Would have been happier with Rabbi Yaakov Shapira & Rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu though. But its not a big deal. The position is not that serious and really doesn't have much say for what I do or dont do.
I feel exactly  the same as you.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 01:46:40 PM »
Eliyahu is close to being a neo-Kahanist & would have agitated things.

Lau and Yosef are self-serving grasping Haredi anti-Kahanist Waqf-luvvas and support "Land for Peace" just like their fathers did. With them, it is jus' more of the same.

They will not merit to stand at the Geulah!

Departing Ashkenazic Chief Rabbi Metzger at least gave Chaim some practical support in his attempts to enter Israel. I doubt if these fellows will even give Chaim the time of day!

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 03:01:57 PM »
It looks like two mamon loving charedim won the job yet again.

The last time anyone with real halachic weight were in office were Shapira and and Eliyahu. After them the chief rabbis have always been yes-men of the charedi Litvak and the charedi Shas rabbis.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 03:28:49 PM »
Very disappointing, the chief rabbis have more power then people think and the prestige of the position would have been useful if Rav Eliyahu had won to advocate for Torah true positions. But it seems Rav Ovadia bought the position for his son >:(
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 09:19:21 PM »
Isn't his son Right Wing? Didn't he say not to sell homes to Arabs in Tzvat?

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 09:21:56 PM »
Isn't his son Right Wing? Didn't he say not to sell homes to Arabs in Tzvat?

I think it was 2 of his other sons. 1 who recently passed away, although genius and great leader didn't and would NEVER be elected because of politics. (Rabbi Yakov Yosef ZTL) And the other R' Moshe Yosef recently dropped out. Not sure about Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef and if he even mentions this Psak. 

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 08:57:26 AM »
And I truly hope they are from the Old School and do not lead their people astray especially in the times we are in!