Author Topic: The Shema Prayer : Performed by Saul Kaye  (Read 472 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
The Shema Prayer : Performed by Saul Kaye
« on: July 21, 2013, 07:13:08 PM »
This last Shabbat we read the portion which contains several of the paragraphs of the Shema prayer. The Shema prayer is a central prayer of Jewish faith, it professes our absolute faith in the Oneness, Uniqueness, and Unity of the G-d of Israel. It contains the basis for several of the rituals which we perform including the Tzit-Tzits, Mezuzah, and Tefillin and the command to Love G-d with 'all our heart, all our soul, and all of our possessions (might)'...

Saul Kaye is a musician who performs what he calls 'Jewish Blues'. I have seen him play, and met him after the performance, and I find his work entertaining. I have created some videos for his music (without his permission so I may have to take down this video) but I wanted to share it with everyone.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:55:21 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
Re: The Shema Prayer : Performed by Saul Kaye
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 07:31:07 PM »
He's has a great talent! I hit "like". Hopefully, you will get permission and won't take it down.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 07:33:57 PM »
He's has a great talent! I hit "like". Hopefully, you will get permission and won't take it down.

He has commented on one of my videos I made of his 'Al Tira' that he liked it...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 09:54:37 PM »
Just uploaded the 'correct' version (the one uploaded was missing some titles and end credits)...