Author Topic: Musicians who won't follow BDS  (Read 770 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Musicians who won't follow BDS
« on: August 01, 2013, 06:14:53 AM »
http://www.israellycool.com/2013/07/31/the-safe-listening-list-bds-busters/ 

The Safe Listening List – BDS Busters
Jono Rose | Jul 31, 2013 | 19 comments

tumblr_m7mew0cU0s1qd0imf-1

Roger Waters got me extremely agitated this week. Pink Floyd were my favourite band when I was a teenager, and I still think that their creative output beginning with the album “Meddle” and ending with “The Wall” is the musical version of Sandy Koufax pitching between 1961 – 1966 – i.e. as close to perfect as you can get (cricket fans, think Don Bradman). I spent a huge chunk of my hard earned cash (believe me, working in that laundromat was not fun) on Mr. Waters’ records, CDs and other paraphernalia. So how am I supposed to react when I finally realise (after many years floating in a river in Egypt) that Roger Waters actually hates my guts? I actually feel pain now when I hear his music.

And he’s not the only one. Elvis Costello, Carlos Santana, Stevie Wonder…. all make me feel guilty when i listen to their music. Like I’m stalking an ex-girlfriend who despises me. What I really need is to turn my affection to someone who deserves it.

So I started to make a “safe listening list” of artists who I know don’t buy into the BDS crap. I know because each one of them has defied intense pressure, including death threats, to come and either play a live concert in Israel, or at the very least, proudly and unashamedly visit and show some solidarity. The criteria are that they must have been in Israel since Operation Cast Lead in 2008, which is when the pressure on artists to not play in Israel really began in earnest.

A similar list of pro-Israel celebs has been compiled on Israellycool in the past but i figured its time to update that list, and this one is specifically concerned with music.

UPDATE: I want to make this perfectly clear: I am NOT trying to organise a boycott of any artists. This is the equivalent of a “Buy Local” campaign. Encouragement to show some love to people who deserve it.
The Safe Listening List

Paul McCartney
    Jane’s Addiction
    Deep Purple
    U2
    John Lydon (PIL & The Sex Pistols)
    Chris Cornell (Soundgarden, Audioslave, Temple of the Dog)
    Leonard Cohen
    Paul Simon
    Porcupine Tree
    Guns N’ Roses
    Alicia Keys
    Alanis Morrisette
    Glenn Hughes (former Deep Purple, Black Country Communion)
    Mike Patton/Faith No More
    Depeche Mode
    Gene Simmons (KISS)
    Elton John
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Linkin Park
    Dream Theater
    Opeth
    Megadeth
    Bob Dylan
    Rihanna
    Barbra Streisand
    Metallica
    Afgan Whigs
    The Jesus and Mary Chain
    John Cale
    Ziggy Marley
    Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger (The Doors)
    Madonna
    Cliff Richard
    Pet Shop Boys
    Moby
    Morrissey
    Ozzy Osborne
    Tom Jones
    Eric Burdon
    Jethro Tull
    10CC
    Laurie Anderson
    Lou Reed

I’m sure I’ve left quite a few worthy musicians off the list. Feel free to point them out in the comments and I’ll update.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
Re: Musicians who won't follow BDS
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 04:08:56 PM »
Why is streisand on the list?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 04:36:39 PM »
Ray Manzarek passed away recently.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 05:08:04 PM »
I HATE RW with intense anger. I too was a big Pink Floyd fan who owned every album put out by this band. I saw RW live once and Pink Floyd live once and they were great experiences. But I have now burned all my Pink Floyd and Roger Waters CD's and make it known to all around me that I boycott this Jew hating bastards material. I recommend to all my friends to also burn or throw away the music produced by this modern Wagner wannabe (the one who wrote the antisemitic background music for Hitlers third reich).

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 05:09:38 PM »
Ray Manzarek passed away recently.

My ex-wife knew Ray Manzarek and met with Jim Morrison once... She went to school with the manager of the Doors (Danny Sugerman)...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 05:27:51 PM »
My ex-wife knew Ray Manzarek and met with Jim Morrison once... She went to school with the manager of the Doors (Danny Sugerman)...
I didn't know you had an ex-wife...

I like the Doors. Too bad Jim Morrison died so young.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 06:31:55 PM »
I didn't know you had an ex-wife...

I like the Doors. Too bad Jim Morrison died so young.

Yes, I was married from 1998-2003 when we got divorced. It is a long story... One that I would rather save for another time..

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 10:31:28 PM »
KATY PERRY !!!