Author Topic: Israel - Israeli Rabbi gives Jews the Okay to Fetch Potter Books on Sabbath.  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!

Israel - An Israeli rabbi has proposed a creative solution to observing Jews who wish to get their copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on the Jewish Sabbath Saturday.

If religious Harry Potter fans pay in advance, before the start of the Sabbath at sundown Friday, they are allowed to pick up their copy early Saturday if they walk to the bookstore and the salesperson is not Jewish, the Orthodox rabbi from Jerusalem told the Jerusalem Post on condition of anonymity.

Israeli Trade and Industry Minister Eli Yishai, of the ultra-Orthodox Shas party, has threatened to send inspectors to and fine bookstores in Israel who open their doors on Saturday to join in the worldwide first day of sales of the Potter book.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Great, I'm glad the shomer shabbat were able to get their Harry Potter books.   :D
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
I don't really care when stores are open as long as Jews are completely safe and Muslims are no longer a threat.
I am urinating on a Koran.