Author Topic: What is the motive for the Venice Beach murderer?  (Read 486 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
What is the motive for the Venice Beach murderer?
« on: August 07, 2013, 09:17:10 PM »
Last weekend the news was full of reports of a man who for no apparent reason, and intentionally, drove his car onto the boardwalk at Venice beach. He ended up killing one Italian woman who was visiting for her honey-moon, and injuring up to 20 others who were walking on the boardwalk.

Venice beach was one of my first favorite locations in Southern California and I lived for about 1 year in an apartment one block from the beach. It has always been an area full of crazy people but for the most part they have been civil.

I have not heard what the motive for this attack was. I thought it could have been terrorism, but it doesn't appear to be the case. The culprit turned himself in that evening...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14