Author Topic: I.R.S. to Recognize All Gay Marriages, Regardless of State  (Read 529 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
I.R.S. to Recognize All Gay Marriages, Regardless of State
« on: August 29, 2013, 03:40:23 PM »
From the New York Nazi Times today...

I.R.S. to Recognize All Gay Marriages, Regardless of State

All legally married same-sex couples will be recognized for federal tax purposes, regardless of whether the state where they live recognizes the marriage, the Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service said Thursday.

The change stems from the Supreme Court decision in June that struck down the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act, which found that same-sex couples were entitled to federal benefits.

“Today’s ruling provides certainty and clear, coherent tax-filing guidance for all legally married same-sex couples nationwide,” Treasury Secretary Jacob J. Lew said in a statement. “This ruling also assures legally married same-sex couples that they can move freely throughout the country knowing that their federal filing status will not change.”

The Treasury said that the ruling applies to “all federal tax provisions where marriage is a factor, including filing status, claiming personal and dependency exemptions, taking the standard deduction, employee benefits, contributing to an I.R.A., and claiming the earned income tax credit or child tax credit.”

The ruling applies to all legal marriages made in the United States or foreign countries. But it does not extend to civil unions, registered domestic partnerships or other legal relationships, the Treasury said. Same-sex spouses will be able to file as married couples for the 2013 tax year, the Treasury said, and will also be able to file amended returns for certain prior tax years, meaning that many couples might be eligible for refunds.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/29/feds-make-major-tax-announcement-regarding-rules-for-married-gay-couples/
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Jacob_Levi

• Junior JTFer
Re: I.R.S. to Recognize All Gay Marriages, Regardless of State
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 04:23:25 PM »
Consummation
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Consummation or consummation of a marriage, in many traditions and statutes of civil or religious law, is the first (or first officially credited) act of sexual intercourse between two people, either following their marriage to each other or after a prolonged sexual attraction. Its legal significance arises from theories of marriage as having the purpose of producing legally recognized descendants of the partners, or of providing sanction to their sexual acts together, or both, and amounts to treating a marriage ceremony as falling short of completing the creation of the state of being married. Thus in some Western traditions, a marriage is not considered a binding contract until and unless it has been consummated.

Looks like Wiki is falling behind ( No pun intended ) Probably need a lawsuit shoved up their A**. I looked and did not see the how to part for gays.
טוב להיות זנב לאריות מאשר ראש לשועלים

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 04:25:28 PM »
More sickness which desecrates the American way.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 03:16:05 AM »
This sickness may soon be coming here to Israel
 >:(