Author Topic: Ask JTF for September 1, 2013 is ready, baruch Hashem  (Read 2214 times)

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Ask JTF for September 1, 2013 is ready, baruch Hashem
« on: September 01, 2013, 10:00:29 PM »
בס''ד

The program is 1 hour and 3 minutes this week:

For those who would like to download the file for their MP3 players or iPods, the link is provided below:
http://www.jtf.org/ask/2013-09-01.mp3

Please "like" and join our great new English JTF Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jewish-Task-Force-JTF/460701807304711

And please "like" and join our Hebrew Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/HayaminORG

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Re: Ask JTF for September 1, 2013 is ready, baruch Hashem
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 10:08:20 PM »
Thank you, Chaim.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 10:56:14 PM »
Listening now. About Lot's daughters- they thought the world was destroyed that is why they did what they did.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 12:57:45 AM »
Just downloaded it now...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 01:47:17 AM »
Shalom Chaim,

Thank you so much for the kindness. I appreciate it..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 06:40:35 AM »
Great program this week... Someone needed to set the record straight on the situation over in Syria and you were just the man to do it... It amazed me during the course of last week how some of our members were actually concerned over Bashar Assad use of poison gas on his own people... The way I see it it's actually sad he did not use a bit more... I could see our members being concerned about the situation spilling over into Israel however the situation in Syria is a civil war and should be handled as such by the outside world... Your program laid out the situation clearly and exactly how it should be handled... It's funny how the evil U.N that loves to poke it's nose into every move Israel makes really has done very little with this situation over in Syria
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 08:18:49 AM »
Listening now. About Lot's daughters- they thought the world was destroyed that is why they did what they did.

בס''ד

You are right, some of Chazal (the Rabbinic sages) do indeed claim that they thought the whole world was destroyed after Sodom and Gomorrah. But Rashi tells us that Avraham stayed away from Lot because he disapproved of what they did. So Avraham apparently felt their actions were not justified.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 05:47:11 PM »
Great program this week... Someone needed to set the record straight on the situation over in Syria and you were just the man to do it... It amazed me during the course of last week how some of our members were actually concerned over Bashar Assad use of poison gas on his own people... The way I see it it's actually sad he did not use a bit more... I could see our members being concerned about the situation spilling over into Israel however the situation in Syria is a civil war and should be handled as such by the outside world... Your program laid out the situation clearly and exactly how it should be handled... It's funny how the evil U.N that loves to poke it's nose into every move Israel makes really has done very little with this situation over in Syria

cjd,

If you were referring to me you are mistaken again. I do not condone praying for the enemies of the Jewish people. As Chaim himself pointed out in the program, repentence is possible and even the most evil (through free choice) can turn around. In my experience I know that there were innocent people killed in Syria. Just because they live in Syria doesn't make them our enemies. Some make the conscious choice to hate Israel, to take up arms against it, and they are the enemy who I pray to be slaughtered. But there are also some who may just have been in the wrong place at the wrong time, and they did not deserve to die. It is these innocents who were there when this happened who my prayers continue to be for. There is absolutely nothing sick or wrong about this, and I hope you understand that. If you want everyone killed in Syria including the Christians and Seculars who have no desire to kill Jews, then you are (in my opinion) just as wicked as they are. Genocide kills innocent and guilty without concern. I will never give up on the ability of mankind to return to righteousness.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 05:53:14 PM »
Let me also elaborate on my position:

1) In the end it may be for the best that attacks like these take place. It is a fact that our enemies may have been destroyed in the attack.

2) We should rejoice that our enemies are destroyed, but it should be for the glory of Hashem, and not because we did anything to deserve it.

3) We should consider the innocents who may have died in this attack, so that in the end it is for our best. Hashem has made all humanity and does not do so for the purpose of destroying it. That the innocent died with the wicked we should feel a little sadness about.

4) In cases of self defense we should be concerned with our own people first, others later. If 'Syria' attacks Israel then the entire population of syria should be dealt with with deadly force.

This is my general principle on this question.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 08:20:28 PM »
Thank you Chaim.  The reason I asked about my spelling, is that I wasn't sure about the spelling of Sryia.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 10:02:53 PM »
 :beast: ----> :suave: (with no unibrow).
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 01:44:25 AM »
cjd,

If you were referring to me you are mistaken again. I do not condone praying for the enemies of the Jewish people. As Chaim himself pointed out in the program, repentence is possible and even the most evil (through free choice) can turn around. In my experience I know that there were innocent people killed in Syria. Just because they live in Syria doesn't make them our enemies. Some make the conscious choice to hate Israel, to take up arms against it, and they are the enemy who I pray to be slaughtered. But there are also some who may just have been in the wrong place at the wrong time, and they did not deserve to die. It is these innocents who were there when this happened who my prayers continue to be for. There is absolutely nothing sick or wrong about this, and I hope you understand that. If you want everyone killed in Syria including the Christians and Seculars who have no desire to kill Jews, then you are (in my opinion) just as wicked as they are. Genocide kills innocent and guilty without concern. I will never give up on the ability of mankind to return to righteousness.
Have mercy :::D I was actually speaking in general however since you believe I was referring to you so be it... After rereading some of your posts your actually a large part of the picture I posted about....  I don't know if I should praise you for your compassion for being concerned over the loss of innocent life in a place like Syria or shake my head at possible stupidity because you lost an actual member of your family at the hand of the same sick society that is now at work in Syria.. Outside intervention is not the solution for Syria's problems and sadly there will be continued bloodshed... In my  opinion it's best if the situation remains in house... If this is a wicked mindset so be it.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 03:09:19 AM »
Cjd,

I am not one who believes that the us should do anything in syria. I did post that if Israel is threatened by syria and those supporting assad, then Israel must defend itself. I explained how it is possible to pray for the innocents caught in the reality of the sutuation while also understanding the severity of the threat from our enemies.

I will soon try to explain my opinion with better examples.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 04:16:20 PM »
בס''ד

You are right, some of Chazal (the Rabbinic sages) do indeed claim that they thought the whole world was destroyed after Sodom and Gomorrah. But Rashi tells us that Avraham stayed away from Lot because he disapproved of what they did. So Avraham apparently felt their actions were not justified.

Ok, but Avraham stayed away from Lot even beforehand after he told him to splitt from him. To go north and he would go south or go south and he north etc.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 06:12:27 PM »
Ok, but Avraham stayed away from Lot even beforehand after he told him to splitt from him. To go north and he would go south or go south and he north etc.

בס''ד

Yes, but when Lot and his daughters were driven out of Sodom because of the city's destruction, the possibility existed that Lot would rejoin Avraham at least temporarily until he could reestablish himself in a new place. Avraham apparently did not want this.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2013, 09:40:55 PM »
בס''ד

Yes, but when Lot and his daughters were driven out of Sodom because of the city's destruction, the possibility existed that Lot would rejoin Avraham at least temporarily until he could reestablish himself in a new place. Avraham apparently did not want this.

Ok thanks.