Author Topic: Does anybody know anything about this woman?  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Does anybody know anything about this woman?
« on: September 04, 2013, 02:10:11 AM »
Does anybody know anything about this female heavy-metal drummer from Tel Aviv?

https://www.facebook.com/meyta1cohen
http://www.youtube.com/user/meytalll?feature=watch

(warning, mildly immodest content)

I'm a big fan of hardcore metal and grunge, and she's relatively hot... but I can't see her as being a Torah-observant Jew. But is she at least not a Nazi Judenrat either?

YSTL

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Does anybody know anything about this woman?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 06:46:57 AM »
That slut is only on youtube because she's dressed so people can get a gander at her breasts.She should let us know when she can play drums like Neal Peart after he played drums for 5 months 

To get invited here you have to be great

Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 06:58:29 AM »
Your regular Israeli girl.

Politics same as the rest.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 06:59:19 AM »
Your regular Israeli girl.

Politics same as the rest.
very true
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 11:15:04 AM »
Figured

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 02:56:00 PM »
It is obvious she is selling an image not talent, even if she has got talent.

http://www.mitkadem.co.il/files/artists/meytalcohen/

(My translation of the 10 facts)

1. Has gotten world wide famous due to dozens of drum covers.
2. The youngest of 7:  4 brothers and 2 sisters, all lawyers or MDs.
3. Her mother father died in a traffic accident when Meital was in 2nd grade.
4. She has begun drumming at 18, despite everyone telling her it's too late to start.
5. Has served full 2 years in the IDF.
6. Moved to LA at age 21 to become a pro drummer (and perhaps- to be near DBF ;) ).
7. She has graduated from the music academy despite a road accident she had suffered in LA.
8. Has accumulated over 69 million views and 373k youtube followers.
9. Is working on original music and writes songs.
10. Thinks the semblance between 'metal' and 'meytal' isn't a coincidence.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 08:15:27 AM by Zelhar »

Offline Sparky

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 01:31:00 AM »
I'm a drummer so have been following Meytal for a while.  She is actually a very good drummer.  Of course, her looks are big part of her popularity.   

If we're talking female drummers, check out this video of 16-year-old Senri Kawaguchi.  She is phenomenal.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 10:35:39 PM »
It is obvious she is selling an image not talent, even if she has got talent.

http://www.mitkadem.co.il/files/artists/meytalcohen/

(My translation of the 10 facts)

1. Has gotten world wide famous due to dozens of drum covers.
2. The youngest of 7:  4 brothers and 2 sisters, all lawyers or MDs.
3. Her mother father died in a traffic accident when Meital was in 2nd grade.
4. She has begun drumming at 18, despite everyone telling her it's too late to start.
5. Has served full 2 years in the IDF.
6. Moved to LA at age 21 to become a pro drummer (and perhaps- to be near DBF ;) ).
7. She has graduated from the music academy despite a road accident she had suffered in LA.
8. Has accumulated over 69 million views and 373k youtube followers.
9. Is working on original music and writes songs.
10. Thinks the semblance between 'metal' and 'meital' isn't a coincidence.
Hmmm. Interesting background. I figured "Meital" was a stagename she adopted for herself, not her real given name. I am curious about the accident that killed her mother/father--I'm guessing that it was actually an act of Arab terror that would not suit her career well to talk about.

As for the rest of her life, I don't really want to comment. Her clothing is somewhat revealing but it's tame compared to what Hollyweird is putting out. She's obviously not a Torah-observant Jew but it's not my job to lecture Jews about their faith. I like metal and I like hot metal chicks, but I like moral women even more. Maybe outside of her stage appearance she is an extremely chaste woman. We can wish, at least.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 11:08:29 PM »
Hmmm. Interesting background. I figured "Meital" was a stagename she adopted for herself, not her real given name. I am curious about the accident that killed her mother/father--I'm guessing that it was actually an act of Arab terror that would not suit her career well to talk about.

As for the rest of her life, I don't really want to comment. Her clothing is somewhat revealing but it's tame compared to what Hollyweird is putting out. She's obviously not a Torah-observant Jew but it's not my job to lecture Jews about their faith. I like metal and I like hot metal chicks, but I like moral women even more. Maybe outside of her stage appearance she is an extremely chaste woman. We can wish, at least.
You don't know that she is immoral! Some people grew up in different ways, that doesn't mean she is a bad person!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 02:41:48 AM »
You don't know that she is immoral! Some people grew up in different ways, that doesn't mean she is a bad person!
That is exactly what I wrote. Reread it.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 05:09:34 AM »

I corrected it because there was a mistake in this fact list which I later noticed by reading a hebrew interview. She says there that her father was a driving instructor and one day when he was out of the car standing on the pavement talking with two students a drugged driver run over them and he was killed.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 06:20:49 AM »
I corrected it because there was a mistake in this fact list which I later noticed by reading a hebrew interview. She says there that her father was a driving instructor and one day when he was out of the car standing on the pavement talking with two students a drugged driver run over them and he was killed.
I wonder who would do a thing like that Zelhar. Probably someone who was released in an amnesty in six months.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 08:14:00 AM »
I wonder who would do a thing like that Zelhar. Probably someone who was released in an amnesty in six months.
I really don't know, it happened 20 years ago. While Arabs are notorious for reckless aggressive driving (truck drivers in particular), there are also too many Jews who are criminal drivers.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 11:14:35 AM »
I really don't know, it happened 20 years ago. While Arabs are notorious for reckless aggressive driving (truck drivers in particular), there are also too many Jews who are criminal drivers.
Who is more likely to be high on drugs while driving in Israel?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 12:43:56 PM »
Who is more likely to be high on drugs while driving in Israel?
I don't know.

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 05:29:29 PM »

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 07:27:55 PM »
Muslims?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.