Author Topic: Happy Birthday Lisa!  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Happy Birthday Lisa!
« on: September 16, 2013, 01:14:04 AM »
[removed] was Lisa's Secular Birthday. Her Jewish birthday was [removed].

Shlomo: I don't want our administrators, moderators, and members birth dates posted on the open forum.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 03:40:20 AM by Shlomo »

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Happy Birthday Lisa!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 03:24:30 AM »
Happy Birthday!

(p.s. There are different birthdays???)
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 04:28:23 AM »
Happy birthday.
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 04:45:13 AM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                                            :fist

Happy Birthday Lisa. I wish you a happy, healthy year and all good things.
                                                                                                Shalom                           

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 06:38:52 AM »
Happy Birthday Lisa ,how is your Father doing i hope good
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 06:54:37 AM »
Happy birthday.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 07:44:49 AM »
Happy Belated Birthday! :celebrate:
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 01:58:17 PM »
Happy birthday...right on Erev Yom Kippur.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 03:39:27 PM »
Happy Birthday Lisa.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 04:04:24 PM »
HAPPY B....should we be revealing birthdays?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 05:15:26 PM »
Happy Birthday, Lisa!! May you live until 120. Amen.  :dance: :celebrate:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 08:56:47 PM by Anthony Weiner is a pedo-pervert married to a camel. »
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 05:37:22 PM »
Happy Birthday, Lisa

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 06:09:04 PM »
Thank you everyone for your kind birthday wishes. 

@Mord, my father is doing OK.  He gets tired a lot, and his appetite is not the best.  However, he did manage to make it to the Synagogue for Yom Kippur for a little while. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 06:34:55 PM »
Happy Late B-day Lisa... Hope you had a great day.

It is kinda funny that the day before Yom Kippur I had to go shopping at the supermarket. When the woman at the check-out asked me how my day was I told her it was spectacular and it was 'our holiday'. The woman didn't know about Yom Kippur and asked me if it was my birthday (apparently to some people a birthday is a holiday). I told her , "No it is our holiday" and she asked 'What kind of holiday' to which I replied 'A Jewish holiday'..

It must be great to have a birthday which falls out during the High Holiday season...

Best Wishes..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 06:38:46 PM »
We don't say Tachanun on Lisa's birthday. It's also a quasi festival and we are commanded to have 2 meals and are forbidden to fast. If we have good meals on 9 Tishrei, it says it's as if we fasted both days (9 and 10 Tishrei).

Offline Jacob_Levi

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 08:56:27 PM »
Happy Birthday Lisa !  :dance:
טוב להיות זנב לאריות מאשר ראש לשועלים

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 09:05:38 PM »
We don't say Tachanun on Lisa's birthday. It's also a quasi festival and we are commanded to have 2 meals and are forbidden to fast. If we have good meals on 9 Tishrei, it says it's as if we fasted both days (9 and 10 Tishrei).
I don't understand...
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 09:30:56 PM »
I don't understand...

During the intermediate days (Chol HaMoed) between Yom Kippur and Sukkot (which starts Wednesday night)...

http://www.askmoses.com/en/article/287,82943/On-which-days-of-the-year-is-Tachanun-omitted-from-the-prayers.html

Tishrei 9 – The day before Yom Kippur1 (but not the minchah of the day beforehand).
Tishrei 11-14 – The days between Yom Kippur and Sukkot.2
Tishrei 24-29 – From after Simchat Torah until the conclusion of the month.3

Kislev 10 (Chabad custom)4
Kislev 19-20 (Chabad custom)5

Shevat 15 – Tu b'Shevat.

Adar 15 – Shushan Purim
Adar I 14-15 – Purim Katan and Shushan Purim Katan.6

Nissan – The entire month.7

Iyar 14 – Pesach Sheni (but not the minchah of the day beforehand).
Iyar 18 – Lag b'Omer.

Sivan 1-5 – The beginning of the month until Shavuot.8
Sivan 8-129

Tammuz 12-13 (Chabad custom)10

Av 9 – Tishah b'Av.11
Av 15 – Tu b'Av.

29 Elul – The day before Rosh Hashanah (but not the minchah of the day beforehand).12
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 09:57:50 PM »

Goshh you beat me to it. Happy birthday Lisa, Lisa it was your birthday.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 10:20:23 PM »
L'Chaim.. And may G-d give you a 100 more!   :dance:
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2013, 10:20:47 PM »
Happy Birthday Lisa!

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2013, 10:30:27 PM »
During the intermediate days (Chol HaMoed) between Yom Kippur and Sukkot (which starts Wednesday night)...

http://www.askmoses.com/en/article/287,82943/On-which-days-of-the-year-is-Tachanun-omitted-from-the-prayers.html

The days between Yom Kippur and Sukkot are not Chol HaMoed. Chol HaMoed are actual festivals with Musaf. Chol HaMoed only refers to the days of Passover and Sukkot that are not Yom Tov. In Israel that are Days 2-6 (For Passover) and 2-7 (For Sukkot). Outside of Israel, it starts on Day 3.

These days between Yom Kippur and Sukkot are just regular days with no Tachanun like the whole month of Nissan and the rest of Tishrei after Simchat Torah.
The days after Shavuot are different because up to the 12th of Sivan, people could bring their Chagigah offering since Shavuot itself is only one day. Some also don't say Tachanun on the 13th outside of Isarel because of Sfeika D'Yoma.

Also, the First Temple inauguration was held for 7 days from before Yom Kippur to Sukkot and people actually were forbidden to fast on Yom Kippur that year. The Mishkan was inaguaarted in Nissan from Rosh Chodesh to 12 Nissan. So now can correspond to the period of Nissan before Passover (Also exactly 6 months apart.).

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2013, 10:43:26 PM »

The days between Yom Kippur and Sukkot are not Chol HaMoed. Chol HaMoed are actual festivals with Musaf. Chol HaMoed only refers to the days of Passover and Sukkot that are not Yom Tov. In Israel that are Days 2-6 (For Passover) and 2-7 (For Sukkot). Outside of Israel, it starts on Day 3.

These days between Yom Kippur and Sukkot are just regular days with no Tachanun like the whole month of Nissan and the rest of Tishrei after Simchat Torah.
The days after Shavuot are different because up to the 12th of Sivan, people could bring their Chagigah offering since Shavuot itself is only one day. Some also don't say Tachanun on the 13th outside of Isarel because of Sfeika D'Yoma.

Also, the First Temple inauguration was held for 7 days from before Yom Kippur to Sukkot and people actually were forbidden to fast on Yom Kippur that year. The Mishkan was inaguaarted in Nissan from Rosh Chodesh to 12 Nissan. So now can correspond to the period of Nissan before Passover (Also exactly 6 months apart.).

I stand corrected, indeed these days are not Chol HaMoed, as you explained Chol HaMoed is actually days between the Yom Tov days..

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2013, 03:52:44 AM »
Happy Birthday to you.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 04:00:09 AM »
Happy belated birthday Lisa!!!  :fireworks:
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt