Author Topic: Shelo Asani Isha  (Read 2668 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Shelo Asani Isha
« on: September 22, 2013, 01:15:16 PM »
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Shelo Asani Isha
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 09:18:01 PM »
Could you summarize what the Rabbis position on the reason we say this blessing?

I know why I say it. Man and woman are created for different purposes, a man has a mans job in this world, a woman has a womans job in this world. There is a reason a man is born a man, and a reason a woman is born a woman. A man should Bless Hashem that he was born male. This is not chauvanistic but rather it is accepting our position in life.

We are not all created equal. We all have different missions in life, and we should not feel bad that we are not the same as our friends and family.

This is why I say this blessing, and the intention I have when I say it.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 11:15:40 PM »
Its actually short, but ookay- we as men have more Misswoth to perform then women and are obligated more, soo we thank G-D for this fact.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 01:01:48 AM »
Its actually short, but ookay- we as men have more Misswoth to perform then women and are obligated more, soo we thank G-D for this fact.

I also understand that. I should listen to him more often than I do...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 09:07:38 PM »